PDA

View Full Version : Remember how bad you felt after last year's TCU game?

8timechamps
9/18/2006, 02:35 AM
Then, as the season went on, and TCU slowly crept up the rankings, and by the end of the year, the phrase "we freakin' lost to TCU", changed to "TCU is pretty damn good!"

Just keep that in mind as the season goes on. And if the thoughts of how far we have come since the Blake era doesn't make you feel better, just think....we could all be Colorado fans.

SoonerGM
9/18/2006, 02:52 AM
thats great, but its not quite the same in my opinion. TCU was a good team last year, and they flat out played the sooners. not know that TCU was as good as they were when they won, and then later on finding that out, that is what created comfort.

this year, i have no doubt that oregon is a decent team and should continue to do well. the problem is that we got jacked by the ref's. we won the game. there wont be anything to reflect back upon and find comfort.

but, i do like that fact that you are trying to provide some positive atmosphere in here!

olevetonahill
9/18/2006, 03:43 AM
thats great, but its not quite the same in my opinion. TCU was a good team last year, and they flat out played the sooners. not know that TCU was as good as they were when they won, and then later on finding that out, that is what created comfort.

this year, i have no doubt that oregon is a decent team and should continue to do well. the problem is that we got jacked by the ref's. we won the game. there wont be anything to reflect back upon and find comfort.

but, i do like that fact that you are trying to provide some positive atmosphere in here!
dude
see my
this is for soonerus thread
you have to much anger and more than a few on here need to seek help immediately :eek:

TrophyCollector
9/18/2006, 10:24 AM
Then, as the season went on, and TCU slowly crept up the rankings, and by the end of the year, the phrase "we freakin' lost to TCU", changed to "TCU is pretty damn good!"

Yea, why don't you go look and see how UAB was DOMINATED by UGA 34-0. Dawgs held them to 95 yards passing and 68 yards rushing. The UAB offense is pathetic, yet we made them look like a team ready to crack the top 25.

AlabamaSooner
9/18/2006, 11:19 AM

Just keep that in mind as the season goes on. And if the thoughts of how far we have come since the Blake era doesn't make you feel better, just think....we could all be Colorado fans.

You make a good point. We've been SO spoiled the last 5-6 years that even the smallest thing sets us off. However, it wasn't that long ago that we were going 4-7, 5-6, etc. with Blake. Stoops is doing his job and we'll be just fine. We can't win the NC EVERY year. With that being said, it's time to win the Big 12. We've won it in 2000, 2002, 2004,....anyone see a pattern here?

FaninAma
9/18/2006, 01:01 PM
Yea, why don't you go look and see how UAB was DOMINATED by UGA 34-0. Dawgs held them to 95 yards passing and 68 yards rushing. The UAB offense is pathetic, yet we made them look like a team ready to crack the top 25.

I watched highlites of that game. Georgia was only leading 13-0 late in the 3rd quarter in the game. It's not like the Dawgs ran off and hid early from the Blazers.

Yes, our defense played very poorly in the game but take away the 4 turnovers and I'm pretty sure we put up more than the 34 points Georgia put up on UAB.

Again, we definitly need to get better on defense.

8timechamps
9/18/2006, 04:58 PM
Not to mention htat UGA had two games to make correction prior to playing a decent UAB team. It was our season opener, and that has to count for something.

SoonerGOP
9/18/2006, 09:55 PM
The TCU loss was our fault. I was ****ed.

The UO loss was not our fault. I was more ****ed.

goingoneight
9/18/2006, 10:25 PM
UAB only got 17 on us. 17 points is not that far off from 0 on a first game. Especially considering we had to break ENA back in at QB. That being said, I'm still glad Brent Rawlmar didn't play these last three games.