9/18/2006, 02:17 AM
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

— Reinhold Niebuhr

Readyfor8
9/18/2006, 02:49 AM
You know I was thinking about this story that someone told me one time. It kinda applies here.

There was this man who was in the middle of a flood zone during a major flood. The man was a firm believer in God, and he believed he had led a life in accordance with God. Because he believed this he believed God would save him and protect him. He was so devout in his beliefs that when a bus came by to pick him up the driver shouted, "Hey, come on the bus and I will take you to higher ground."

The man responded, "I believe in God and he will protect and save me, no thank you."

So the water began to rise and it came up above the first level of his house, and a man on a boat came by and shouted to him, "Hey jump in the boat, and I will take you to higher ground."

The man responded, "I believe in God and he will protect and save me, no thank you."

So the water continues to rise and the man is trapped on his roof now, and a helicopter comes by and the rescue crew yells down to him, "Grab the rope and we will take you to safety."

The man responds, "I believe in God and he will protect and save me, no thank you."

So the man dies, and he gets to heaven and is standing before God. He is upset and he asks God, "Why didn't you save me? I led a good life, I always followed your word." God reply's "What more do you want from me? I sent a bus, a boat, and a helicopter."

So when you stand before God and say, "I don't understand, why didn't we win at Oregon and Texas Tech." Will you be suprised when he says, "What more do you want from me, I gave you 2000, 1985, 1976,1975, 1956,1955, 1950."

olevetonahill
9/18/2006, 03:01 AM
yup spek;)

Sooner Eclipse
9/18/2006, 03:17 AM
Thanks for the reminder, both vet and for8. spek to you both.

After reading that I am going to bed, feeling better about the situation.

:D

olevetonahill
9/18/2006, 03:36 AM
Thanks for the reminder, both vet and for8. spek to you both.

After reading that I am going to bed, feeling better about the situation.

:D
goodnite sleep well
why have a major meltdown over something we cant do a damn thing about ;)