PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma's Current 10 Game Winning Streak...

Octavian
9/18/2006, 02:06 AM
....is what we'd be talking about on this board and it'd be all the local media would be talking about......if not for a series of bad calls in Lubbock and a series of (somehow) even worse calls in Eugene.

And none of this "the honeymoon's over" or "does Bob not care b/c he hasn't ordered the pipe-bombing the Pac10 headquarters?" banter would be going on.

The late game officiating blunders that've prevented that 10 game winning streak from happening are outside of Bob's control.

There's getting to be more and more insinuations flying around about how Bob's lost his fire, doesn't have "it" anymore, or is somehow looking for a way out of Norman...

I realize the stratospheric expectations at OU but, as a fanbase, we've changed more in the Stoops Era that Stoops himself. We're 8-2 in our last 10 games...including a bowl win.

The Monster is hungry....and spoiled once again.

If some of you wanna get of the bandwagon now...get to jumpin'

Readyfor8
9/18/2006, 02:12 AM
I'm behind the post 110%. This anti Stoops BS is rediculous.

Texas Golfer
9/18/2006, 02:18 AM
Maybe I haven't been looking in the right places, but I haven't seen anyone calling for Stoops's head. Maybe Wilson's or Venables but not Stoops.

Octavian
9/18/2006, 02:27 AM
Maybe I haven't been looking in the right places, but I haven't seen anyone calling for Stoops's head. Maybe Wilson's or Venables but not Stoops.

:confused:

you're posting in the same threads I'm talkin' about.

olevetonahill
9/18/2006, 02:31 AM

naw i think he might be a pac 10 ref .:P

PhilTLL
9/18/2006, 02:39 AM

Like these. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78228)

Octavian
9/18/2006, 02:42 AM

yep...one of many on the front page today

Texas Golfer
9/18/2006, 02:59 AM

I read that thread to mean that something is different from Stoops's "early years" and today. And I'd have to agree. I think the attitude is different. That doesn't mean that I think he needs to be replaced and I didn't take it to mean that the originator of that thread thought he should be replaced either.

SoonerGM
9/18/2006, 03:25 AM
I realize the stratospheric expectations at OU but, as a fanbase, we've changed more in the Stoops Era that Stoops himself. We're 8-2 in our last 10 games...including a bowl win.

don't you understand that having a ridiculous win percentage, that pretty much sets the curve statistically i not enough?! we need at least 6 championships out of every 5 years! now that would be something to give stoops props for. :D

hate to say it but our fan base sucks. what a bunch of jerks.

TopDawg
9/18/2006, 10:39 AM
if not for a series of bad calls in Lubbock and a series of (somehow) even worse calls in Eugene.

heh, i like that line