PDA

View Full Version : I am fricken amazed at how Stoops can...

Soonerus
9/18/2006, 01:16 AM
...keep blowing this stuff off without going ballistic, maybe that in and of itself is a statement regarding his future at OU...We'll see...

TrophyCollector
9/18/2006, 01:19 AM
Because he makes over $2 mil a year and has a hot wife to bang. It takes a lot to get you upset at that point.

Soonerus
9/18/2006, 01:21 AM
...or you don't really care that much....

rhombic21
...keep blowing this stuff off without going ballistic, maybe that in and of itself is a statement regarding his future at OU...We'll see...
Just a question. Do you ever post anything intelligent, or is it all deranged and ridiculous?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
It almost appears that "they are out to get us" at Oklahoma. If Bob begins to believe that, he might be finally receptive to an NFL offer of some kind.

Readyfor8
9/18/2006, 01:23 AM
WOW sooner fans are starting to **** me the **** off. You spoiled babies need to realize we lost to another top20 team this weekend. If you can't handle losing to another team that is comparable to our own, you should stop watching college football.

DIAF you whiners

Soonerus
9/18/2006, 01:23 AM
Just a question. Do you ever post anything intelligent, or is it all deranged and ridiculous?

Or might I ask you if you have ever posted anything but ***-licking, suck-up posts...get a life and and independent opinion...

Soonerus
9/18/2006, 01:25 AM
WOW sooner fans are starting to **** me the **** off. You spoiled babies need to realize we lost to another top20 team this weekend. If you can't handle losing to another team that is comparable to our own, you should stop watching college football.

DIAF you whiners

Ready, we had a game clearly stolen from us...this was not a case of the "wind was swirling".type ****...

sanantoniosooner
9/18/2006, 01:27 AM
guys......soonerus is just a little testy because he's out of vcash.

cut him some slack.

Readyfor8
9/18/2006, 01:28 AM
What is Coach Stoops supposed to do, set the Pac10 offices on fire? Better question what did Switzer do after the 84 Texas game? What did Missouri do after the 5th down?

This mistake was on par with that, and you know what happened? Those teams went on to play out their schedules. Why would you hold Coach Stoops accountable for the errors of an officiating crew that he had no control over?

Soonerus
9/18/2006, 01:28 AM
guys......soonerus is just a little testy because he's out of vcash.

cut him some slack.

Don't worry SAS, Soonerus has plenty of real cash , that is not the issue....

Soonerus
9/18/2006, 01:31 AM
What is Coach Stoops supposed to do, set the Pac10 offices on fire? Better question what did Switzer do after the 84 Texas game? What did Missouri do after the 5th down?

This mistake was on par with that, and you know what happened? Those teams went on to play out their schedules. Why would you hold Coach Stoops accountable for the errors of an officiating crew that he had no control over?

Show some real compassion...That's it

TrophyCollector
9/18/2006, 01:32 AM

If you want to have some more fun, start up a Nate Hybl conversation.

Soonerus
9/18/2006, 01:34 AM
Paul Thompson is doing a great job , in my opinion...you live in the past with Mr. Boro.....

rhombic21
9/18/2006, 01:34 AM
Or might I ask you if you have ever posted anything but ***-licking, suck-up posts...get a life and and independent opinion...
First, I have questioned the coaching staff on a number of issues, including the amount of carries that AD is getting, and our use of him on special teams.

Second, your opinions are laughable at best, and troubling at worst. Do you honestly think that Stoops isn't ****ed about what happened? Do you honestly think that he doesn't care about it as much as you do? If so, you need to seek help.

Stoops is doing what's best for the football program, and that is to point out that the refs made two ridiculously bad calls in the final minutes of the game, appeal to the Pac 10, and then move on with the rest of the season. The last thing that the team needs is to sit around feeling sorry for themselves, or to get into a position where they don't take responsibility for the errors that we made which we CAN control. We've got a lot of football left to play, and we need to get a lot better. Sitting around and throwing a tantrum about the referees isn't going to change the outcome. What it will do is make our program look like a bunch of crybabies, and take the attention away from how bad the officiating was, and hamper our ability to move on and get ready to play.

Soonerus
9/18/2006, 01:36 AM
First, I have questioned the coaching staff on a number of issues, including the amount of carries that AD is getting, and our use of him on special teams.

Second, your opinions are laughable at best, and troubling at worst. Do you honestly think that Stoops isn't ****ed about what happened? Do you honestly think that he doesn't care about it as much as you do? If so, you need to seek help.

Stoops is doing what's best for the football program, and that is to point out that the refs made two ridiculously bad calls in the final minutes of the game, appeal to the Pac 10, and then move on with the rest of the season. The last thing that the team needs is to sit around feeling sorry for themselves, or to get into a position where they don't take responsibility for the errors that we made which we CAN control. We've got a lot of football left to play, and we need to get a lot better. Sitting around and throwing a tantrum about the referees isn't going to change the outcome. What it will do is make our program look like a bunch of crybabies, and take the attention away from how bad the officiating was, and hamper our ability to move on and get ready to play.

OK, one more day and maybe I am there with you but I am still on fire over this screw job....

sanantoniosooner
9/18/2006, 01:36 AM
If you want to have some more fun, start up a Nate Hybl conversation.
search feature is cool (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4191&highlight=nate+hybl)

Readyfor8
9/18/2006, 01:37 AM
Show some real compassion...That's it

well if you want him to hold you and cuddle instead of putting on his pants thats one thing. But why you are questioning his future when he just took a bunch of pieces of a team and put together one that outplayed a top20 team on the road 3 weeks in, is absolutly rediculous.

Attacking Stoops for this controversy is rediculous. Consider for a moment how you backed Stoops less than a month ago about something that was just as out of his control but could cost the University years. And now you are questioning him about something 10 officials did that he can't do anything about that is costing us one L.

Soonerus
9/18/2006, 01:38 AM
search feature is cool (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4191&highlight=nate+hybl)

SAS, I kew you were a stalker that is why I have armed guards...

sanantoniosooner
9/18/2006, 01:39 AM
SAS, I kew you were a stalker that is why I have armed guards...
I swear the rest of the board had you surrounded with pitchforks in that thread.

My side is hurting from all the lols:D

Soonerus
9/18/2006, 01:42 AM
I am not attacking Stoops but his commitment to OU has been questioned by others this year... I am starting to wonder myself, as a Norman resident, and knowing some other negative travails he has encountered this year that have not made the press....probably none of you know about some of them but they are significant...

Texas Golfer
9/18/2006, 01:52 AM

DIAF you whiners

I would agree if we lost to the Ducks. But, in my mind, we didn't lose to the Ducks. We lost to an unbeatable foe...the Zebras.

Ash
9/18/2006, 06:55 AM
I am not attacking Stoops but his commitment to OU has been questioned by others this year... I am starting to wonder myself, as a Norman resident, and knowing some other negative travails he has encountered this year that have not made the press....probably none of you know about some of them but they are significant...

Pray tell, o sage of Stoops' dark secrets.

RacerX
9/18/2006, 08:43 AM
http://www.goenglish.com/GoEnglish_com_BeatADeadHorse.gif

imasoonergirl
9/18/2006, 08:48 AM
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9287/cheatedwg1.th.jpg (http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cheatedwg1.jpg)

Bourbon St Sooner
9/18/2006, 08:49 AM
Bury Barry!

TUSooner
9/18/2006, 08:52 AM

Could be he's just a helluva lot smarter than us average internet-loitering fans who can afford to vent and rage all week.

Could be he knows that whining won't change anything, and that the only useful thing to do is move on and win the next game.

Any suggestion that he is apathetic about the call and therefore apathetic about his gig at OU is - to be kind - ridiculous.

bri
9/18/2006, 08:56 AM
Silly TU...you've forgotten the numba.one rule of the Football forum: If you're not as p*ssed off as Soonerus, then you don't REALLY love the Sooners. Even if you're the head coach.

Bourbon St Sooner
9/18/2006, 08:59 AM
I think the only correct thing for Stoops to do would be to post the name of the replay official on the internet and ask for people to firebomb his house.

TripleOption14
9/18/2006, 09:04 AM
This is kinda off topic but it relates to Caoch Stoops so..... Am i the only one who thinks he needs to get back to his roots and start helping out with the D a little more? I know he probably doesn't wanna step on anyones toes but its been three games now and theres been no REAL improvement. I guess i can give it until the bye week before i lay judgement on the D. I don't know... man i'm fustrated.

RiddlerOK
9/18/2006, 09:12 AM
I was just wondering how many of us (myself included), actually put the game behind them long enough to enjoy a day at the great State Fair of Oklahoma on Sunday.

Rhino
9/18/2006, 10:39 AM
Oh mighty Soonerus, impart your wisdom upon us.

GrapevineSooner
9/18/2006, 10:43 AM
Soonerus,

How do you know Stoops hasn't vented his true feelings on this topic privately to Joe C. or even somebody from the Pac-10 conference?

Look, if you're waiting for him or anyone else in the athletic department to publically vent the same things you have and other Sooner fans have on this board, keep waiting.

Stoops isn't going to go Mark Cuban on them. He's going to bite his tongue publically. Which, as far as I'm concerned, is the proper course of action.

Beano's Fourth Chin
9/18/2006, 10:53 AM
Nick has gotten time off for less.

Chill.