PDA

View Full Version : I feel your pain

ZookSucks
9/18/2006, 12:59 AM
Gator fan here. Sorry about the "loss" on Saturday. :( We Gators have been through this sort of thing many times before. The ACC refs' officiating in our 2003 "loss" to Florida State (referred to by Kirk Herbstreit as "the worst officiated game in college football history) was arguably much worse than what happened to you guys. Not only that, but it happened against our most hated rival, at home in the Swamp, and in the last game of the regular season. So, believe me, we compeletely understand what you're going through... the outrage, unending frustration, etc. Just wanted to express my sympathies.

Keep writing letters to the NCAA, the PAC-10, and to your AD. We were able to get our AD to file a complaint against the ACC refs... though nothing really came out of it. Hell, boycott Nike. I dunno.

Soonerus
9/18/2006, 01:03 AM
sounds like a small consolation for a stolen W....

ZookSucks
9/18/2006, 01:10 AM
unfortunately, there is almost no consolation when something like this happens. nothing of any real consequence will be done about it. it's not like they are going to reverse the decision and award ou the win. also, no one other than ou fans will remember or even care about it by next weekend. i doubt most people have even heard of "the swindle in the swamp" but it's forever burned into the memory of every gator fan who watched that game.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/18/2006, 01:18 AM
ZookSucks, the Sooners have been royally hosed by the refs, here, there and everywhere, for as long as I can remember. We seemingly ALWAYS get shafted in Dallas, in our annual game against Texas. There were 4 or 5 badly blown calls in the so-called "Game of the Century' we had against Nebraska in 1971, and that was at Norman, OK....and on and on.

NC_Tigah
9/18/2006, 01:30 AM
There were 4 or 5 badly blown calls in the so-called "Game of the Century' we had against Nebraska in 1971, and that was at Norman, OK....and on and on.wow . . . that's going back aways. Jack Mildren played out-of-his-mind good that day.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/18/2006, 01:42 AM
wow . . . that's going back aways. Jack Mildren played out-of-his-mind good that day.Johnny Rodgers had a punt or kickoff return for a touchdown that had 3 or 4 uncalled clips. Late in the game, we recovered a fumble that wasn't allowed(if I remember correctly), as well as a play where the NU QB's knee touched the ground, and wasn't called. They only won it 35-31. Hideous performance by the officials.

Soonerus
9/18/2006, 01:50 AM
None of this compares to the Oregon debacle...because Oregon was just so clearly wrong....

momark
9/18/2006, 01:51 AM
god i was a kid don't tell anybody but i recall crying like a baby that day , could not believe we lost to nu

boomersooner28
9/18/2006, 06:46 AM
Gator fan here. Sorry about the "loss" on Saturday. :( We Gators have been through this sort of thing many times before. The ACC refs' officiating in our 2003 "loss" to Florida State (referred to by Kirk Herbstreit as "the worst officiated game in college football history) was arguably much worse than what happened to you guys. Not only that, but it happened against our most hated rival, at home in the Swamp, and in the last game of the regular season. So, believe me, we compeletely understand what you're going through... the outrage, unending frustration, etc. Just wanted to express my sympathies.

Keep writing letters to the NCAA, the PAC-10, and to your AD. We were able to get our AD to file a complaint against the ACC refs... though nothing really came out of it. Hell, boycott Nike. I dunno.

After I had "settled down", I began to think of the many many sporting events I have watched over the years and if I had ever witnessed a team getting cheated so badly. The first and only game that came to mind was that Florida vs Florida State game...what a debacle.

dougsooner
9/18/2006, 09:16 AM
The Nebraska '71 game was bad, the texASS game with the "no interception" ruling was horrible, but those games had no replay, it is clearly worse with this Oregon crap since both the pac-10 refs and the pac-10 replay guy cheated, no other way to describe it, cheated. At least the nation knows it and Oregon will now join texASS tech as a joke team that cheats to win.

WWOC2003
9/18/2006, 09:28 AM
After I had "settled down", I began to think of the many many sporting events I have watched over the years and if I had ever witnessed a team getting cheated so badly. The first and only game that came to mind was that Florida vs Florida State game...what a debacle.

The Colorado-Missouri 5th down game has to be on the Mount Rushmore of bad officiating.

bcgvh
9/18/2006, 09:34 AM
No, this was worse because now we have instant replay, and after 5 minutes of review they still couldn't get it right, maybe because they had no desire to get it right?!

ZookSucks
9/18/2006, 03:23 PM
these kinds of bad calls always seem to have a way of catching up with those that benefit from them. call it karma or whatever. oregon is in for a fall.

fadada1
9/18/2006, 03:39 PM
The Colorado-Missouri 5th down game has to be on the Mount Rushmore of bad officiating.
bad officiating????? nope. inhumane stupidity.

but i get your point:D

unfortunately, OU now claims 2 spots on that mountain.