PDA

View Full Version : Forget Nike,Adidais anyone?

stoopified
9/17/2006, 11:36 PM
Why should we help support the Ducks?Adidais or Starter or any other sporting goods company on the planet would be preferable.Ok this may be a knee-jerk response but WTF,I am a pi$$ed-off Sooner fan.Besides the new jerseys don't match the color of our helmets anymore.Ain't that why we went to the metallic paint helmets ,so they woild MATCH the jersey?As far as I am concerned any excuse to dump Nike would be a good one.Why help Oregon pay off the refs?

proudsoonergal
9/17/2006, 11:37 PM
What about Under Armour? I like their commercials. "WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOOOOOOUSE!!!!"

hurricane'bone
9/17/2006, 11:37 PM
Starter?

1994 called, it wants its jacket back.

GottaHavePride
9/18/2006, 12:19 AM
Heh.

If we were to drop Nike (a move I would favor more because Nike succs and doesn't seem to have a concept of "not monkeying with traditional uniforms" than because I'm ****ed at them about this game) I'd almost rather go with one of the soccer-equipment manufacturers.

I mean, really, if you called up Diadora or Lotto and said "hey, would you like to expand your marketing into one of the biggest fanbases in the US?" do you really think they'd say no? And I bet the stuff they'd turn out would be better quality and LOOK better, too.

snp
9/18/2006, 12:35 AM
I hope we can get some LA Gear. Those lights in the shoes rocked.

freshchris05
9/18/2006, 12:43 AM
we could get members only OU jackets for the coaches...

TrophyCollector
9/18/2006, 12:45 AM
we could get members only OU jackets for the coaches...

With some Ocean Pacific t-shirts and Jams coaching shorts, take it straight back to the 80s.

picasso
9/18/2006, 12:47 AM
did he play for LSU?

Eddie Money
9/18/2006, 12:55 AM
British Knights is pretty sweet, too.

Actually, Nike makes $hitty, fall-apart gear in sweatshops and I would be all for dropping their tricked-up garbage, and this has nothing to do with the game this weekend. Remember the jerseys with the tye-dye collars in the 90's?

Let's just get an OKLAHOMA company to produce the uniforms, get the shoes from Adidas or whoever, and make the coaches wear suits.

TrophyCollector
9/18/2006, 12:58 AM
Let's just get an OKLAHOMA company to produce the uniforms, get the shoes from Adidas or whoever, and make the coaches wear suits.

Great idea, but I'm afraid Stoops would choke himself trying to rip his tie off the first time he got ****ed (i.e. the first play of each game).

GottaHavePride
9/18/2006, 01:04 AM
Great idea, but I'm afraid Stoops would choke himself trying to rip his tie off the first time he got ****ed (i.e. the first play of each game).

Hey, if Kelvin Sampson could deal with it...

GottaHavePride
9/18/2006, 01:07 AM
OH, and the problem with having a small local company do it is that, while the gear would probably be top-notch, right now Nike gives them all that stuff for free (and a boatload of cash) for the honor of getting to plaster their logo everywhere and sell crap with our logo on it to the fans. A small Oklahoma company probably won't have the financial resources to be able to afford to do all that for free, and certainly won't be able to match Nike's sponsor money.

Egeo
9/18/2006, 01:22 AM
What about Under Armour? I like their commercials. "WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOOOOOOUSE!!!!"
uggh, i hate those
and "click clack" is probably a worse slogan. (if thats possible)

Earickson
9/18/2006, 06:20 AM
I think we should go with Puma.

Taxman71
9/18/2006, 06:42 AM
I think Big Time sports could use some clients right now. If not, maybe Champion is ready to expand out of Target.

bri
9/18/2006, 09:04 AM
British Knights is pretty sweet, too.

And we'd get to have Kool Moe Dee on the sidelines! :D

KingDavid
9/18/2006, 09:08 AM
I hope we can get some LA Gear. Those lights in the shoes rocked.

I think it would be cool if we had a pull cord dangling from the back of the helmet that would light up the helmet like a lamp.

Maybe we should turn to Sylvania for our head gear?;)

Taxman71
9/18/2006, 09:14 AM
I would love to see Stoops wear my OU Kaepa's from 1985. We could have double-laces on everything from shoes, to pants to chinstraps.

freshchris05
9/18/2006, 11:02 AM
we could have fubu outfit us and stoops can get cornrows....

just a thought

RacerX
9/18/2006, 11:13 AM
spot bilt
k-swiss

En_Fuego
9/18/2006, 11:22 AM
I dont like our new jerseys. And I sure dont like not having the names on the back. And whats with all the sweat on the jerseys before the game even starts. I know they sweat but you didnt notice it so much with our other jerseys....the jerseys all look a size too small...:(

sooneron
9/18/2006, 11:29 AM
I second Puma, they are hawt right now.

bstuff1979
9/18/2006, 11:35 AM
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n172/wbennettberry/pumavenenowhite.jpg
so friggin hot right now

MikeInNorman
9/18/2006, 12:14 PM
I'll bet Vans makes bitchin' football shoes.