PDA

View Full Version : Alright, gang...

bri
9/17/2006, 10:35 PM
...we've had a day to vent. Now it's time to settle down and stop behaving like a pack of ravening wolves. No more conspiracy theories, no more screaming and ranting like lunatics. Show some grace in the face of adversity. We have been wronged; we can do NOTHING about it. Stop emailing clips of the game to every media outlet you can find; they saw the same thing we did. I assure you, Ivan Maisel knows what happened; he doesn't need a hundred more poorly-composed, raving emails from us.

Furthermore, stop saying we should sue the Pac-10 or drop our contract with Nike. Take off the tinfoil hats and admit the fact that this was just a poorly officiated game; nothing more. Why, pray tell, would the Pac-10 "have it in for us"? What have we done to them? Beat their fourth-place team in a spare bowl game? Or was it the way we actually had the AUDACITY to be leading USC in the Orange Bowl before they made us look like a JV squad? And why would Nike want us to lose? Because Phil Knight is from Oregon? What the hell kind of company would risk millions of dollars in profit from the sale of Nike-branded OU merchandice and apparel just because the founder wants to see the alma mater do well?

And while we at it, why don't we call off the nuclear strike on Oregon? Yes, it's pathetic the way that the Ducks are gladly taking this win and acting like they didn't get help, but WE gave them as much help as the refs did. I don't care how many calls you f*ck up, when someone racks up over 500 yards of total offense, they're doing something right. And just as importantly, the other team is doing something wrong. There were NO bad calls on the lightning-quick Duck drive that drew them to within 33-27. Yes, the onside kick was a clusterf*ck of the first degree, but that play didn't give Oregon the final seven points. The blown pass interference was a huge play, but THAT didn't give Oregon the final seven points. No, it was the next play, that saw no blown calls...only blown coverage. We could have made a stop, but we didn't. Yes, we were put in a horrible situation by the officials, but champions overcome those situations.

And I don't want to hear any bitching about how this game will "cost us millions of dollars". The last time I checked, Oregon isn't in the Big 12, so this game has ZERO bearing on who wins the conference. Believe it or not, our season isn't over; we win the conference, we go to a BCS game...and the millions of dollars you people are convinced we've already lost.

Now, if you want to keep screaming that the fix is in, the sky is falling and the season is ruined...fine. But do it somewhere else. This board is for fans who are going to support this team all season long, not just until something goes wrong. The season's not over; it's just beginning. This team can and WILL still do great things. I say we act like adults and let them get on with it.

sanantoniosooner
9/17/2006, 10:37 PM
Tall order there slick.

Well said.

OUinFLA
9/17/2006, 10:37 PM
Id spek you, but I still see the boa in my mind.
:D
good post.

rhombic21
9/17/2006, 10:39 PM
Excellent post. I agree 100%.

This one hurts. A lot. It would have been a great win for the program in a lot of ways. But ultimately, we have to accept it and move on. Nothing productive will result from acting like a bunch of lunatics.

Soonerus
9/17/2006, 10:41 PM
I respectfully disagree, nobody is giving up on the season, but this was likely the worst call in OU history and I think it is fine to express your feelings of frustration and annoyance for awhile...you may feel differently but that's you...

Jewstin
9/17/2006, 10:41 PM
Too late! The fix is in, and the noodles are boiling in the pot! Boiling, I tell you!

noobalicious
9/17/2006, 10:44 PM
Too late! The fix is in, and the noodles are boiling in the pot! Boiling, I tell you!

Haha excellent Family Guy reference...:D

bri
I respectfully disagree, nobody is giving up on the season...

Really? Then why are so many people crying about the "millions of dollars in bowl revenue" this game is going to cost us? Sounds to me like they think this game has already eliminated us from the Big 12 title race.

StoopTroup
How did you know I was wearing a tin foil hat Bri?

That's freaky. :D

Sooner47
Hmmm......nuclear strike on Oregon. Now that sounds like a plan. But can we include California and Washington, too?

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9568/mininuclearexplosion0oh.jpg

Octavian
9/17/2006, 10:46 PM
bri's right...nothing we can do about it.

time to move on and look ahead

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/6298/orangeandcrimsonch6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Soonerus
9/17/2006, 10:48 PM
Really? Then why are so many people crying about the "millions of dollars in bowl revenue" this game is going to cost us? Sounds to me like they think this game has already eliminated us from the Big 12 title race.

REALLY ??? I am not saying that I am just saying this sucks on a 50 year scale....

momark
9/17/2006, 10:50 PM
i have been watching ou football for years and yes this was a terrible job of calling a game on the field and in the replay booth , but you are right we take our lumps with pride and our teams seem to grow from them . sad yea season over neva thanks for clearing my mind and refocusing it toward the positive ! BOOOOOOMER SOOOOONER

proudsoonergal
9/17/2006, 10:50 PM
Good post.

Venting is good.....it is a step in the grief cycle. Some fans will get to the "acceptance" step quicker than others. (I'm still not there yet - vascillating between denial and anger - but working on it.)

Admins - maybe you should consider creating a separate category on soonerfans just for officiating. :D

Dio
9/17/2006, 10:52 PM
I still want to drop the Nike contract, just because it's about the only thing we control here. Otherwise, yeah.

olevetonahill
9/17/2006, 10:52 PM
at last a voice of reason and it comes from bri :P
hell ive stayed away fromt football bd just because of all the damn doomsayers
spek bri

bri
9/17/2006, 10:53 PM
I still want to drop the Nike contract, just because it's about the only thing we control here. Otherwise, yeah.

Yeah, but addidas SUCKS. :D

Soonerus
9/17/2006, 10:56 PM
Just because BRI is over it could mean a number of things, including she/he is not as big as OU fan as many of us...

Paperclip
9/17/2006, 10:57 PM
...Now, if you want to keep screaming that the fix is in, the sky is falling and the season is ruined...fine. But do it somewhere else. This board is for fans who are going to support this team all season long, not just until something goes wrong. The season's not over; it's just beginning. This team can and WILL still do great things. I say we act like adults and let them get on with it.

Do it somewhere else? Gee, didn't realize this was your board. Don't you have some random indie band thread to post in?

StoopTroup
9/17/2006, 10:58 PM
at last a voice of reason and it comes from bri :P
hell ive stayed away fromt football bd just because of all the damn doomsayers
spek bri
We must return to our roots olevet....

badger
9/17/2006, 10:59 PM
I say... GIVE AD THE HEISMAN!
http://cache.nmn.speedera.net/pics25/400/BL/BLMOHKTRZNGKLRP.20060916225329.jpg

bri
9/17/2006, 11:00 PM
Just because BRI is over it could mean a number of things, including she/he is not as big as OU fan as many of us...

Wow, I figured it'd be some random lurker or n00b that would try and play the "not as big a fan as me card"...but you'll do, I guess.

Hey, don't you have some Sooner players to be trashing mercilessly...Superfan?

Texas Golfer
9/17/2006, 11:01 PM
Bri, move on if you choose but you have no right to tell us that we have to. I am not yet ready.

As for the last drive which gave Oregon their final points, you can see that the call took the wind out of the Sooner sails. It happens.

Nobody is calling the season off. Exaggerations like this do more damage than our rants. Although our D let up more than 500 yards, we still did well enough to win the game. We gave up 17 Sooner points on our own mental mistakes and still would have had the win had it not been for this bad call.

There are many "rant" threads going on at the moment. If you choose not to click on them, so be it.

bri
9/17/2006, 11:03 PM
Thanks for chiming in, Ludicrous Fontsize Boy.

And one could say that you have no right to tell me that I have no right to tell you what to think. Who made you the boss of me being the boss of you?

Harry Beanbag

Reebok, if it's good enough for the Arizona Cardinals, it's good enough for the Sooners. :)

sanantoniosooner
Nope.

bri is right and the rest of you is wrong.

It's that simple :D

bri
9/17/2006, 11:04 PM
I KNEW I kept my other handle for a reason...;)

Soonerus
9/17/2006, 11:04 PM
Wow, I figured it'd be some random lurker or n00b that would try and play the "not as big a fan as me card"...but you'll do, I guess.

Hey, don't you have some Sooner players to be trashing mercilessly...Superfan?

Nice come back, I only suggested it COULD be part of your lack of incense on this issue...I know you are a big fan but give the rest of us a few more days...it was a horrible game-changing call...

proudsoonergal
9/17/2006, 11:08 PM
And one could say that you have no right to tell me that I have no right to tell you what to think. Who made you the boss of me being the boss of you?

Hmmm.....do they know that we know that they know? ;)

soonersweetie
9/17/2006, 11:17 PM
I hate it when the logical minded make so much sense Especially when the emotional side takes over (on a weekend such as this).

Bri-I know you're right, logically it makes sense. But emotionally it hurts so much. I consider (and so do a lot of people on this board I would assume) the Sooners to be like family, and when family is cheated or hurt, you take it personally, you tend to feel the hurt and pain with them. Just as when we feel the highs, a la 2000 :)

Boomer Sooner!

boomrsoonr
9/17/2006, 11:18 PM
...we've had a day to vent. Now it's time to settle down and stop behaving like a pack of ravening wolves. No more conspiracy theories, no more screaming and ranting like lunatics. Show some grace in the face of adversity. We have been wronged; we can do NOTHING about it. Stop emailing clips of the game to every media outlet you can find; they saw the same thing we did. I assure you, Ivan Maisel knows what happened; he doesn't need a hundred more poorly-composed, raving emails from us.

Furthermore, stop saying we should sue the Pac-10 or drop our contract with Nike. Take off the tinfoil hats and admit the fact that this was just a poorly officiated game; nothing more. Why, pray tell, would the Pac-10 "have it in for us"? What have we done to them? Beat their fourth-place team in a spare bowl game? Or was it the way we actually had the AUDACITY to be leading USC in the Orange Bowl before they made us look like a JV squad? And why would Nike want us to lose? Because Phil Knight is from Oregon? What the hell kind of company would risk millions of dollars in profit from the sale of Nike-branded OU merchandice and apparel just because the founder wants to see the alma mater do well?

And while we at it, why don't we call off the nuclear strike on Oregon? Yes, it's pathetic the way that the Ducks are gladly taking this win and acting like they didn't get help, but WE gave them as much help as the refs did. I don't care how many calls you f*ck up, when someone racks up over 500 yards of total offense, they're doing something right. And just as importantly, the other team is doing something wrong. There were NO bad calls on the lightning-quick Duck drive that drew them to within 33-27. Yes, the onside kick was a clusterf*ck of the first degree, but that play didn't give Oregon the final seven points. The blown pass interference was a huge play, but THAT didn't give Oregon the final seven points. No, it was the next play, that saw no blown calls...only blown coverage. We could have made a stop, but we didn't. Yes, we were put in a horrible situation by the officials, but champions overcome those situations.

And I don't want to hear any bitching about how this game will "cost us millions of dollars". The last time I checked, Oregon isn't in the Big 12, so this game has ZERO bearing on who wins the conference. Believe it or not, our season isn't over; we win the conference, we go to a BCS game...and the millions of dollars you people are convinced we've already lost.

Now, if you want to keep screaming that the fix is in, the sky is falling and the season is ruined...fine. But do it somewhere else. This board is for fans who are going to support this team all season long, not just until something goes wrong. The season's not over; it's just beginning. This team can and WILL still do great things. I say we act like adults and let them get on with it.

Spek! Well thought out post. I'm gonna give you some green before the little red ones show up.

Soonerus
9/17/2006, 11:20 PM
I would never neg a respected poster for an occasional dumb *** post....

boomrsoonr
9/17/2006, 11:24 PM
I would never neg a respected poster for an occasional dumb *** post....

I know that. I wasn't referring to you. I'm talking about the ones like I've been getting. The ones that take about 3 points off the rep. ;)

Soonerus
9/17/2006, 11:27 PM
I know I have made mistakes but I try not to neg posters who I have read for years and know they are good loyal OU fans, even when I totally disagree with their posts I believe are lame.....

leavingthezoo
9/17/2006, 11:30 PM

i shoulda read ahead. this is worth a neggin'. :mad: :mad: :mad:

leavingthezoo
9/17/2006, 11:32 PM
Who made you the boss of me being the boss of you?

but then there's this... and... after further review the original 'spek still stands. :D

Texas Golfer
9/17/2006, 11:32 PM
Thanks for chiming in, Ludicrous Fontsize Boy.

In the same post, you tell us to quit complaining about the officiating and support the team. But you said we lost, not because of the officiating, but the poor defensive performance. Doesn't this sound a bit hypocritical to you?

proudsoonergal
9/17/2006, 11:35 PM
but then there's this... and... after further review the original 'spek still stands. :D

Due to inconclusive evidence?

leavingthezoo
9/17/2006, 11:36 PM
no. it's conclusive... i'm just blind.

Ike
9/18/2006, 12:01 AM
I hate it when the logical minded make so much sense Especially when the emotional side takes over (on a weekend such as this).

Bri-I know you're right, logically it makes sense. But emotionally it hurts so much. I consider (and so do a lot of people on this board I would assume) the Sooners to be like family, and when family is cheated or hurt, you take it personally, you tend to feel the hurt and pain with them. Just as when we feel the highs, a la 2000 :)

Boomer Sooner!

True. But what is that we can do? Nothing, but support our team. Calling for Joe C or Bob Stoops or anyone else to do something to affirm our outrage, or calling for Oregon to forefit, is about as useful as calling for Bush to resign because Gore won the popular vote. It's just not productive, and frankly makes us no different than the nutjobs on whornfans....

It really is time to put our anger away for a while and get on with our lives and go out and support our team again next saturday. Let the media say whatever they want (they'll do it with or without our bitching about it), let the "review" the pac-10 is gonna do run its course....it won't make any difference.

There are more important things than this. Yeah, it was a hosejob and we got hosed. big time. But theres nothing we can do about it but move on....and rip their heads off later down the line.

jdsooner
9/18/2006, 12:07 AM
Sorry, I am not in the acceptance part of my grief yet. I am still in the anger stage and they can ALL GO TO HELL!!

Harry Beanbag
9/18/2006, 12:09 AM
Yeah, it was a hosejob and we got hosed. big time. But theres nothing we can do about it but move on....

I agree it's time to move on, but I think these two sentences are the reasons behind the continuing unhinged responses. We just have to bend over and take it. This happening twice now in our last six games just makes it exponentially worse.

Ike
9/18/2006, 12:10 AM
I agree it's time to move on, but I think these two sentences are the reasons behind the continuing unhinged responses. We just have to bend over and take it. This happening twice now in our last six games just makes it exponentially worse.

hey, I'm just as ****ed as everyone else about it...but bitching and moaning really isn't any more dignified.

proudsoonergal
9/18/2006, 12:13 AM
Well, on the bright side, at least we aren't Texas. :D

Soonerus
9/18/2006, 12:17 AM
Sorry, I am not in the acceptance part of my grief yet. I am still in the anger stage and they can ALL GO TO HELL!!

I am with JD ....

sanantoniosooner
9/18/2006, 12:18 AM
I am with JD ....
Is he wearing something sexy?

Soonerus
9/18/2006, 12:19 AM

Don't know if JD is male or female, pervert...

TrophyCollector
9/18/2006, 12:20 AM
Well, on the bright side, at least we aren't Texas. :D

Good point, I guess a horrid call in the last minute is better than getting beaten 63-14, 65-13, shutout or held to 7 points on your home field with the entire country watching.

sanantoniosooner
9/18/2006, 12:20 AM
Don't know if JD is male or female, pervert...
The lights are off?

Soonerus
9/18/2006, 12:22 AM
Thank you for admitting the lights are off in your feeble brain....

Chokelahoma06
9/18/2006, 12:23 AM

like you had a chance anyways....HOOK EM!!

sanantoniosooner
9/18/2006, 12:23 AM
you know.......bri is right.

really.

Soonerus
9/18/2006, 12:27 AM
I respectfully disagree with the Senator from BRI and state he/she does not know jack ****...

Ash
9/18/2006, 12:28 AM
Whatever about what he posted. I agree with his avatar.

sanantoniosooner
9/18/2006, 12:29 AM
I respectfully disagree with the Senator from BRI and state he/she does not know jack ****...

ah......but that's where you are wrong.

Jack **** is his uncle.

Soonerus
9/18/2006, 12:31 AM
Is BRI a he or she....so I know how to attack....

sanantoniosooner
9/18/2006, 12:33 AM
Is BRI a he or she....so I know how to attack....
if you aren't already equipped with this information, it's to late.

You can't see him, but he can see you.

Ash
9/18/2006, 12:34 AM
ah......but that's where you are wrong.

Jack **** is his uncle.

I got news for you, pal. You ain't leading but two things right now: Jack and Sh**. And, Jack left town.

:texan:

with apologies for butting in...

Soonerus
9/18/2006, 12:41 AM
Even a metro-sexual BRI is wrong, expect for maybe BRI and a few of you other suck ups....

sanantoniosooner
9/18/2006, 12:45 AM
You know, if you could add some humor, you'd be like that Lewis Black dude.

All rage. Pretty entertaining.

Soonerus
9/18/2006, 12:48 AM
...and you add what but lame drivel and a never say die willingness to post ????

sanantoniosooner
9/18/2006, 12:51 AM
candy........I add candy.

but you can't have any.

Soonerus
9/18/2006, 12:52 AM
You are like "TheNight of the Living Dead"....

sanantoniosooner
9/18/2006, 12:55 AM
Explain to me why it is that you think I have to have the last word?

sounds a little pot/kettle'ish to me.

Soonerus
9/18/2006, 12:58 AM
I will not debate that with you...but you usually get it...after a legnthy battle...I usually mature up and let you have it.....

sanantoniosooner
9/18/2006, 01:00 AM
I usually mature up and let you have it.....
Thanks man.......I knew you could say something funny.:D

cya...same duck time.......same duck station;)

Soonerus
9/18/2006, 01:02 AM
Thos is not an official post... see you later SAS....

Texas Golfer
9/18/2006, 02:08 AM
What some fail to see is that, by keeping our anger about the way we lost, it helps us to support the players knowing that the players didn't lose.

If you'll notice, we are blaming the officials for the loss and not the players even though our defense let up so many yards, they didn't lose the game for us.

TheUnnamedSooner
9/18/2006, 02:44 AM
Admins - maybe you should consider creating a separate category on soonerfans just for officiating. :D

Next thing you know, we'll have a no ref bashing wed

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/18/2006, 05:02 AM
To be fair, Bri would probably denounce his Sooners for a night with Lisa Loeb ;)

boomersooner28
9/18/2006, 06:21 AM
I would just like to know what would happen if say, the New York Yankees were blatantly cheated on a call that decided a game in the World Series. Or, if what happened to us, happened to Notre Dame. I'm tired of this "get over it and deal with it Oklahoma" crap. If we don't stand up for ourselves, nobody is gonna stand up for us! Nobody outside of Oklahoma gives a damn about Oklahoma. :mad:

TripleOption14
9/18/2006, 06:22 AM
Bri, move on if you choose but you have no right to tell us that we have to. I am not yet ready.

As for the last drive which gave Oregon their final points, you can see that the call took the wind out of the Sooner sails. It happens.

Nobody is calling the season off. Exaggerations like this do more damage than our rants. Although our D let up more than 500 yards, we still did well enough to win the game. We gave up 17 Sooner points on our own mental mistakes and still would have had the win had it not been for this bad call.

There are many "rant" threads going on at the moment. If you choose not to click on them, so be it.

EXACTLY!!!! You feel the way you wanna feel and i'll feel the way i wanna feel. STOP w/ the Bill O'Reilly complex! I'm gonna stay pi$$ed at this one for a longggg time. And i have every right to feel that way PERIOD!

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/18/2006, 06:55 AM
Bri has a Billy O'Reilly complex :P

bri
9/18/2006, 08:42 AM
Bri has a Billy O'Reilly complex :P

My dark secret is out.

And I didn't say that "our defense lost this game for us". I said it was a factor. It's not like we played a perfect game, only to have Nike, the Pac-10, and the Legion Of Doom act through their evil puppet refs to steal it from us.

-Our shoddy defensive play contributed to the loss.

-Our offense settling for field goals when one more touchdown would have put this thing away contributed to the loss.

-AD running out of bounds late in the game when we should have been trying to run out the clock contributed to the loss.

-Bad officiating and worse replay officiating contributed to the loss.

-Our special teams kicking the key kickoff out of bounds to set up the drive that made it 33-27 and then not protecting on Hartley's game-winning attempt contributed to the loss.

-Oregon contributed to the loss.

I'm not trying to "shift blame" or tell you what to think. I'm just trying to sow some seeds of reason in the midst of the freak-out. It's ABSOULTELY f*cked up, what the refs did to us, but before we start threatening their lives or trying to organize boycotts of Nike or the West Coast, we need to take a deep breath and realize that there were MANY factors that went into this loss. And you can feel whatever you feel, I'm just offering up a possible course of action for when people feel that their anger and pain has subsided enough to calm down and be reasonable. I just don't want the sympathy we currently have across the board to get squandered because people DON'T FEEL BADDER ENOUGH FOR US, DAMMIT. ;)

Okay, resume flaming. :D

imasoonergirl
9/18/2006, 08:47 AM
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9287/cheatedwg1.th.jpg (http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cheatedwg1.jpg)

fwsooner
9/18/2006, 09:05 AM
Very well said. In about 10 days I will agree with you completely.

However, right now I'm only at Stage 2 of the 5 Stages of Grief (Anger). As soon as I muster the maturity and intellictual fortitude to take my lumps with this one I'll let you know.

Right now I'm still in the 'mailing video clips to everyone in the known media' Stage. (That's a lesser known subset of the 'Anger' Stage.) I just sent out an email to Pravda, and I've put together a DVD FedEx package to send to the Xinhua News Agency. (No, really. They follow this stuff very closely over there.)

jdsooner
9/18/2006, 09:06 AM
I'm male and I'm DEAD SEXY, brother. But you can go to hell for mocking me!;)

TripleOption14
9/18/2006, 09:11 AM

However, right now I'm only at Stage 2 of the 5 Stages of Grief (Anger). As soon as I muster the maturity and intellictual fortitude to take my lumps with this one I'll let you know.

AMEN!! It takes longer for some to move on than others and there's NOTHING wrong with that. You think the LSU fans are ready to just "get over it?" Thery're wanting a full blown NCAA investigation!

bri
9/18/2006, 09:23 AM
You think the LSU fans are ready to just "get over it?" Thery're wanting a full blown NCAA investigation!

Well yeah, but they're batsh*t crazy. :D

Norm In Norman
9/18/2006, 09:30 AM
I'm not saying we have to move on yet, but I'm about to start deleting some of these threads that have been posted 3000 times. It's really bad when established posters can't even keep from starting threads on the same subject over and over and over.

bri
9/18/2006, 09:31 AM
So, you're gonna delete the entire board? ;)

Norm In Norman
9/18/2006, 09:35 AM
Well, therein lies the problem.

mdklatt
9/18/2006, 09:38 AM
No football game comes down to one play. Wasn't the blocked field goal equally responsible for the loss? What about the touchdown that was called back because of an illegal formation penalty? What about the Oregon touchdown our "prevent" defense gave up before the onsides kick? Change any of those plays--which were entirely in our control--and the outcome of the game is different.

Norm In Norman
9/18/2006, 09:45 AM
No football game comes down to one play. Wasn't the blocked field goal equally responsible for the loss? What about the touchdown that was called back because of an illegal formation penalty? What about the Oregon touchdown our "prevent" defense gave up before the onsides kick? Change any of those plays--which were entirely in our control--and the outcome of the game is different.
Lest we forget the kickoff that went out of bounds which gave them better field position and stopped the clock. Also the whole running out of bounds thing when we should have been trying to run out the clock some more.

Soonerus
9/18/2006, 09:50 AM
Lest we forget if Adan and Eve had not...B.S......

bri
9/18/2006, 09:52 AM
Or if Mr. and Mrs. us had been able to find something better to do that one night...

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/18/2006, 10:05 AM
Well I did my part...I made an official thread for every possible type of emotion being felt after our win at Oregon

Fugue
9/18/2006, 10:07 AM

You're at work and do a great project. Someone else gets credit for it and a promotion. You have 30 seconds to forget about it and start your next project.
All I'm saying is that after having to bend over a take it, it couldn't have been easy to do anything. Heck, all I could do was drink and sulk for 12 hours and I'm not even on the team. :D
I do agree that there were a host of other things that could have been done. Way too many in fact.
By the way, I'm just messing with ya. ;)

:pop:

Bourbon St Sooner
9/18/2006, 10:07 AM

Right now I'm still in the 'mailing video clips to everyone in the known media' Stage. (That's a lesser known subset of the 'Anger' Stage.) I just sent out an email to Pravda, and I've put together a DVD FedEx package to send to the Xinhua News Agency. (No, really. They follow this stuff very closely over there.)

I'm sure Pravda and Xinhua will show it as further proof of the fallacy of American society.

Fugue
9/18/2006, 10:09 AM
You're at work and do a great project. Someone else gets credit for it and a promotion. You have 30 seconds to forget about it and start your next project.
All I'm saying is that after having to bend over a take it, it couldn't have been easy to do anything. Heck, all I could do was drink and sulk for 12 hours and I'm not even on the team. :D
I do agree that there were a host of other things that could have been done. Way too many in fact.
By the way, I'm just messing with ya. ;)

:pop:

and by 12 I'm mean, "a lot more than 12". :texan:

Hamhock
9/18/2006, 10:24 AM

All of the above involved the 22 guys on the field who are supposed to decide the outcome and whose biased toward the outcome is full known and accepted.

I'm not saying that you're doing it, but the whole "we should not have been in that situation in the first place" attitude confuses me. So, you're saying we never deserve to win a close game because we shouldn't have let it get close in the first place and the fact that it was decided by someone not wearing a helmet is ok and should be expected??

mdklatt
9/18/2006, 10:36 AM
All I'm saying is that after having to bend over a take it, it couldn't have been easy to do anything.

This is a good point, and why I knew we would lose after Oregon was given the onsides kick. They had too much momentum on their side. Still, there were plenty of game-changing moments prior to the onsides kick--such as the touchdown drive leading up to it. It always bothered my when a score is referred to as the "winning score". In a close game every score is important. The first touchdown is just as much the "winning score" as the last one. Again, no game is decided on one play.

I'm not saying we didn't get screwed big time, but I'm being philosophical about it. IMO, that's more productive than clamoring for the Oklahoma National Guard to invade Oregon or something. We're only going to get a reasonable response from the Pac-10, the NCAA, the national media, or whomever if we act in a reasonable manner.

Fugue
9/18/2006, 10:38 AM
This is a good point, and why I knew we would lose after Oregon was given the onsides kick. They had too much momentum on their side. Still, there were plenty of game-changing moments prior to the onsides kick--such as the touchdown drive leading up to it. It always bothered my when a score is referred to as the "winning score". In a close game every score is important. The first touchdown is just as much the "winning score" as the last one. Again, no game is decided on one play.

I'm not saying we didn't get screwed big time, but I'm being philosophical about it. IMO, that's more productive than clamoring for the Oklahoma National Guard to invade Oregon or something. We're only going to get a reasonable response from the Pac-10, the NCAA, the national media, or whomever if we act in a reasonable manner.

agreed!

mdklatt
9/18/2006, 10:39 AM
So, you're saying we never deserve to win a close game because we shouldn't have let it get close in the first place and the fact that it was decided by someone not wearing a helmet is ok and should be expected??

No, I'm saying "**** happens".

bri
9/18/2006, 02:35 PM
Heh. :D

Soonerus
9/18/2006, 03:03 PM
I guess those of you who say we just need to move better start e-mailing OU President David Boren as he is definetly not moving on...you "move-oners" fail to grasp the grevious nature of this mistake....

http://admin.xosn.com//pdf6/44098.pdf

mdklatt
9/18/2006, 03:07 PM
I guess those of you who say we just need to move better start e-mailing OU President David Boren as he is definetly not moving on

All this concern from the same guy who was telling jokes about the football team when he first got here. :rolleyes:

OK2LA
9/18/2006, 03:11 PM
I would just like to know what would happen if say, the New York Yankees were blatantly cheated on a call that decided a game in the World Series. Or, if what happened to us, happened to Notre Dame. I'm tired of this "get over it and deal with it Oklahoma" crap. If we don't stand up for ourselves, nobody is gonna stand up for us! Nobody outside of Oklahoma gives a damn about Oklahoma. :mad:

Some would say that it did happen in a Championship Game - to Miami.

Does it matter who the team is? Some teams get bad jobbed. It happens.

Sooner_Bob
9/18/2006, 03:20 PM

That deserves a big'ol Woooooooooo!!

http://images.ibsys.com/2005/1128/5421421_240X180.jpg

bri
9/18/2006, 03:22 PM
I guess those of you who say we just need to move better start e-mailing OU President David Boren as he is definetly not moving on...you "move-oners" fail to grasp the grevious nature of this mistake....

http://admin.xosn.com//pdf6/44098.pdf

Dammit, he forgot to ask for a new pony!

Tear Down This Wall
9/18/2006, 03:28 PM
This thread should be archived for the simple reason that bri, mdklatt, and I agree on something. :D

bri
9/18/2006, 03:43 PM
Heh. I'm a uniter, not a divider. ;)

mdklatt
9/18/2006, 03:49 PM
This thread should be archived for the simple reason that bri, mdklatt, and I agree on something. :D

Heh. :D

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/18/2006, 03:49 PM
I don't think you should be able to start a thread until you have 7,000 post!

bri
9/18/2006, 03:55 PM
Is that 7,000 all-time, or just with your current handle? 'Cause if it's the former, I'm cool with that. :D

Harry Beanbag
9/18/2006, 03:55 PM
All this concern from the same guy who was telling jokes about the football team when he first got here. :rolleyes:

To be fair, who wasn't telling jokes about the football team when Boren got to Norman? :)

mdklatt
9/18/2006, 04:22 PM
To be fair, who wasn't telling jokes about the football team when Boren got to Norman? :)

Touche. :O

If Boren wants to make jokes about The Idiot, great--he made his own bed. But to make jokes about Unversity students whom he pledged to serve and who were simply trying to do their best? Reprehensible.

Dio
9/18/2006, 04:52 PM

Why do you hate Run DMC?

bri
9/18/2006, 04:57 PM
Because if it weren't for them, Aerosmith would have stayed gone. :D

Dio
9/18/2006, 05:04 PM
Yeah, but then we never would have heard Janie Got A Gun 1,500,000,000,000 times. Oh wait....

bri
9/18/2006, 05:15 PM
Heh.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/18/2006, 05:49 PM
RUN AWAY.....RUN AWAYYYYYYYYYY......FROM THE PAIN!!!!!!!

bri
9/18/2006, 05:51 PM
As it turns out, what her daddy did was f*ck up an instant replay review.

GOOD JORB, JANIE!!!! :D

SelmaBamaFan
9/18/2006, 05:54 PM
Did I miss anything important in here, or can I just skip the first 114 posts?

sanantoniosooner
9/18/2006, 05:57 PM
Did I miss anything important in here, or can I just skip the first 114 posts?
You can skip #67, but the rest are pretty important.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/18/2006, 05:58 PM
actually #116 is pretty stupid too

sanantoniosooner
9/18/2006, 06:00 PM
actually #116 is pretty stupid too
and #117

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/18/2006, 06:03 PM
#88 was by far the gheyest!

Harry Beanbag
9/18/2006, 06:03 PM
And #120.

SelmaBamaFan
9/18/2006, 06:04 PM
Oh god, what have I started?

bri
9/18/2006, 06:09 PM
I don't know, but if anyone posts that bare-*ssed pic of Jennifer Aniston and gets THIS thread buhleted, I'm blaming you.

Again. :D

SelmaBamaFan
9/18/2006, 06:11 PM
THAT WASNT MY FAULT!!!

... and lil'duck hasnt been back. I blame Blue for that one too! :mad:

bri
9/18/2006, 06:14 PM
Are you sure it was because Blue got the thread about her buhleted or the fact that she thinks you have a picture of her and her family as your desktop wallpaper that drove her away?

That sound you hear is lil'Duck typing the query "Can I get a restraining order against the internet?" into Ask Jeeves...:D