PDA

View Full Version : The only honorable thing for Oregon to do...

Soonerus
9/17/2006, 10:06 PM
...is forfeit the game....they clearly lost but for clearly mistaken zebra calls...nobody suspects Oregon to be honorable...

Snrfn4ever08
9/17/2006, 10:10 PM
I agree 100%, but that won't happen unless hell freezes over. (Of course that's what I would've said about this happening to us AGAIN to begin with this time last week.)

rhombic21
I disagree. You can't expect them to do that. I wouldn't expect OU to do it if the tables were reversed. Everybody saw what happened. The best we can hope for is that the pollsters don't hold it against us too much, and then just be thankful that it wasn't a conference game, so it doesn't hurt us too badly, in terms of the standings or our bowl prospects.

StoopTroup
Maybe you could get LSU to forfeit the Sugar Bowl and Suc to forfeit the Orange Bowl too Rus. :D

Snrfn4ever08
9/17/2006, 10:12 PM
I disagree. You can't expect them to do that. I wouldn't expect OU to do it if the tables were reversed. Everybody saw what happened. The best we can hope for is that the pollsters don't hold it against us too much, and then just be thankful that it wasn't a conference game, so it doesn't hurt us too badly, in terms of the standings or our bowl prospects.
I see what you're saying. The part I was agreeing with was that it would be the only honorable thing to do, but like you, I also wouldn't expect OU to do that ever. I wouldn't mind them admitting that the game was called the wrong way though. In Oregon's defense, they weren't the ones that called the game, so they shouldn't be punished for what happened.

Soonerus
9/17/2006, 10:13 PM
Maybe you could get LSU to forfeit the Sugar Bowl and Suc to forfeit the Orange Bowl too Rus. :D

Not analagous stoup, this was plain robbery....

Ike
9/17/2006, 10:13 PM
ummm, soonerus....I think you've gone 'round the bend...

sure, we would see it as a noble gesture, but how do you tell a group of kids that just made the most of the breaks they had been given that their effort still wasn't good enough. They won. They used their breaks to great advantage. We didn't. We still had a chance to win with the FG, and I think you and I and everyone else knew Garrett was gonna make that field goal. Thems the breaks. I hate it too. I'm ****ed that we got jobbed like that, but I also think its time to move on.

Cam
9/17/2006, 10:14 PM
I would have zero problems if OU were to forfeit the game if happened to us, absolutely none.

StoopTroup
Not analagous stoup, this was plain robbery....
Well...I was just sayin'...;)

Europasooner
You are crazy. Oregon had nothing to do with the bad calls. They won the game. They made the plays when they had to.

It isn't Oregon's fault that the kicker gave them the ball on the 35 yard line after the Sooners went up by 13; giving them a short field to work with.

It isn' their fault that the Sooners made mistakes in the secondary that allowed them to score to TDs in a matter of 26 seconds.

It isn't their fault that the kick which would have still won the game in spite of the poor officiating was blocked.

They won the game. They did nothing wrong. The Sooners still had multiple chances to stop them and then to even win the game on the field goal and they blew it.

Be as angry as you want to at the officials, deservedly so, but Oregon won the game and that is not going to change.

Move on!

Sooner98
Some of us here are starting to sound like Bobby Knight.

Snrfn4ever08
9/17/2006, 10:16 PM
Some of us here are starting to sound like Bobby Knight.
Wait for the chair...wait for it...:D

badger
9/17/2006, 10:17 PM
don't blame ducks for ref crap. in a perfect world, the call is overturned and uo re-kicks.

...and anything could happen.

This isn't a perfect world, so you play by the ref's calls--- and in the end, the game is what it is. Stoops acknowledges that it won't be overturned, Joe C. acknowledges it also. We need to move on and beat Texas (and that team we play this Saturday too, I guess)

Soonerus
9/17/2006, 10:18 PM
Breaks are not the same as zebra game changimng mistakes...remember proper call on on-sides kick and mathematically its for OU !!!!!

StoopTroup
9/17/2006, 10:18 PM
You are crazy. Oregon had nothing to do with the bad calls. They won the game. They made the plays when they had to.

It isn't Oregon's fault that the kicker gave them the ball on the 35 yard line after the Sooners went up by 13; giving them a short field to work with.

It isn' their fault that the Sooners made mistakes in the secondary that allowed them to score to TDs in a matter of 26 seconds.

It isn't their fault that the kick which would have still won the game in spite of the poor officiating was blocked.

They won the game. They did nothing wrong. The Sooners still had multiple chances to stop them and then to even win the game on the field goal and they blew it.

Be as angry as you want to at the officials, deservedly so, but Oregon won the game and that is not going to change.

Move on!
:pop:

badger
9/17/2006, 10:19 PM
oh, and as for knight (whoops, I mean MR. knight):
http://www.offthemarkcartoons.com/cartoons/2002-06-01.gif

Soonerus
9/17/2006, 10:19 PM
This is different than some damn inconsequential bad call...it changed the outcome of the game...

Spray
9/17/2006, 10:32 PM
don't blame ducks for ref crap. in a perfect world, the call is overturned and uo re-kicks.

Just a technical note: in a perfect world, the call is overturned and OU takes possession at the spot of the illegal touch, Oregon calls their last timeout because the new crappy clock rule dictates the clock begins on change of posession, we kneel 2, maybe 3 times, don't miraculously fumble, and win the game.

Just a minor technicality.:D

Snrfn4ever08
9/17/2006, 10:40 PM
A technicality I wouldn't have minded living with. I'm gonna be mad about this until we beat tejas:mad:

Soonerus
9/17/2006, 10:46 PM
Just a technical note: in a perfect world, the call is overturned and OU takes possession at the spot of the illegal touch, Oregon calls their last timeout because the new crappy clock rule dictates the clock begins on change of posession, we kneel 2, maybe 3 times, don't miraculously fumble, and win the game.

That is exactly the point if some morons here do not undersatnd that...

sanantoniosooner
9/17/2006, 10:46 PM
I'm thinking it would be honorable to give that MNC back when we were on probation.....

How's that sit with you soonerus?

badger
9/17/2006, 10:49 PM
let's just return everything and have all college football start tomorrow on a clean slate. there's been too much controversy with steroids, anti-NCAA gifts and cash to players, etc. during the first 100+ years of NCAA football.

Everyone... tomorrow's a new day. Let the new games begin!

Soonerus
9/17/2006, 10:50 PM
I'm thinking it would be honorable to give that MNC back when we were on probation.....

How's that sit with you soonerus?

I am thinking you just like to argue and are a "last word" freak to boot....

sanantoniosooner
9/17/2006, 10:54 PM
I am thinking you just like to argue and area a "last word" freak to boot....
And I think you just babble to hear hour gums flap

believe me, this conversation is as tired to me as it is you.

bri
9/17/2006, 10:57 PM

Actually, that one WAS their fault. ;)

Soonerus
9/17/2006, 10:59 PM
You can move on to other discussions very easily...just do it (damn I retract the "just do it" reference)...

badger
9/17/2006, 11:01 PM
let it go, guys. You can't post on here ALL night.

bri
9/17/2006, 11:02 PM
Actually, as SBF and I proved last night on the SO...yes you can. :D

Snrfn4ever08
9/17/2006, 11:03 PM
I just can't wait until January 9th when we're all undefeated