PDA

View Full Version : In other news...I love my wife

Paperclip
9/17/2006, 09:32 PM
During the game yesterday Jon Cooper pretty much tackled a dude and was called for holding. She said, "What's wrong with that?" I tried to explain, but she came back with, "That's stupid. Hello, it's football!" I just left it alone after that.

jccouger
9/17/2006, 09:36 PM
There is NOTHING funny about penalties on our offensive line...

;)

snrbndt
9/17/2006, 09:39 PM
at least your wife was watching

meoveryouxinfinity
9/17/2006, 09:41 PM
My mom and sister try to watch football with me, they think I am a genius or something. "OMG!! HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT WAS THE CALL?"

um, it was obvious.

boomrsoonr
9/17/2006, 09:44 PM
Personally, I hope they have him teach the D how to do it.

101sooner
9/17/2006, 10:05 PM
Boomer Sooner!!!!

TheGodfather889
9/17/2006, 10:10 PM
My mom is the one who got me into football. My dad's not that big of a sports fan. But my mom and her entire side grew up on watching sports. She still goes to the OU games with me,my girlfriend and son.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/17/2006, 10:15 PM
My mom is the one who got me into football. My dad's not that big of a sports fan. But my mom and her entire side grew up on watching sports. She still goes to the OU games with me,my girlfriend and son.
Same here. Acutally my grandfather and uncle were both starting quarterbacks at Oklahoma State.. I grew up watching both teams and rooting for both. My family was the epitome of a "good" OSU fan. They always rooted for the in-state team, and always wished OU the best... unlike today's OSU fans who obviously resent OU fans and the program.

1991SOONER
9/17/2006, 10:29 PM
Guys we really need to get over this. It wasn't even a conference game. We can still win the conference EASILY in my opinion if we get by Texas and I think our chances are still good if our D decides to show up. Then we can start thinking about a BCS bowl. What did we really lose?

Oregon (home of ZERO national championships) will probably get spanked like a monkey by USC and not win their conference, not go to a BCS, and sink in the polls like they should. just my .02

StoopTroup
9/17/2006, 10:33 PM
I think Bob and his Staff will make it a positive and get the guys pumped up in time for the RRSO.

From there...we'll improve as a team each week.

AllAboutThe'O'
9/17/2006, 10:53 PM
Yeah, once we beat Texas, things will be all right in our world.

proudsoonergal
9/17/2006, 10:56 PM
Oregon (home of ZERO national championships) will probably get spanked like a monkey by USC and not win their conference, not go to a BCS, and sink in the polls like they should. just my .02

Personally, I'd prefer Oregon beat the crap out of everyone else on their schedule. It would make us look much better, especially during November?December when all the media types/Heisman voters will remember about this game is there was some controversy.

batonrougesooner
9/18/2006, 01:05 AM
During the game yesterday Jon Cooper pretty much tackled a dude and was called for holding. She said, "What's wrong with that?" I tried to explain, but she came back with, "That's stupid. Hello, it's football!" I just left it alone after that.

That's hilarious! My wife and I had almost the exact same conversation regarding the exact same play!

I love it when my wife gets ****ed about "that damned soft zone" and tells me the defense "just needs to man up and cover somebody."

Brings tears to my eyes.

sanantoniosooner
9/18/2006, 01:20 AM
People all know other topics I discuss involving my wife, but football is a really good one.

When we first got married she knew very little about it and just started watching with me. Now guys at work wont talk football around her because she corrects them on stuff like, who got traded where, who is the backup, who the coach is of a particular team.

Sissy bandwagon fans better keep their distance or she'll embarass them.