PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Dixon Admits the Pass was Tipped

Snrfn4ever08
9/17/2006, 09:16 PM
My dad just got back home a couple of hours ago after traveling to Eugene for the game. He brought with him a copy of The Sunday Oregonian in which one of their sports writers had the class to write an article about how OU got screwed. In this article, he says that while the late interference call was under review, Dennis Dixon returned to the sidelines and Bellotti(sp?) asked him whether or not the ball was tipped. He answered with "Yes, sir." I think the NCAA needs to do something to make sure that this never happens again. I understand that this loss is with us forever, and I don't expect that to be any other way, but the NCAA needs to learn from their mistakes. This has happened to the same football team twice in the span of less than one calendar year. When ESPN, who hates the Sooners, and even the members of the opposing team know the refs messed up, something is terribly wrong. I would also like to take the time to thank the fans from GoDucks.net for acting with class this past week. For the most part, they were objective and rational and knew how to talk about football.

EDIT: Sorry, guys, I didn't see the other thread at the time. I know, I'm an idiot :D