PDA

View Full Version : My Email to Pacific 10 commissioner Tom Hansen.....

Al Gore
9/17/2006, 09:04 PM
Here is part of the email....

......after watching the onside kick call, I have to wonder what the replay official was watching? Clearly, the UO player touched the ball prior to the required 10 yards and second, #23 of OU came up with the ball. The announcers and millions of viewers could tell it was the wrong call. I think the officials should have to explain their decision and admit they controlled the outcome of the game. Makes you wonder if the replay official had an interest on the outcome of the game?

The reply.......

The instant replay official is a fine man and was an outstanding referee, regardless of what we conclude happened in this game. We will review the game tapes and comment on what we see.

Tom Hansen

SwooshOU
9/17/2006, 09:04 PM
http://www.firetomhansen.com/

MikeInNorman
9/17/2006, 09:08 PM
Has the identity of the replay official been revealed?

If the zebras on the field have to be identified, surely the replay man has to be IDd.

The Maestro
9/17/2006, 09:11 PM

If the zebras on the field have to be identified, surely the replay man has to be IDd.

No kidding. This is what I am waiting for. I am going to harrass that bastard when we find out who he is, where he lives, his phone numbers, etc. I hold him as the main person responsible. He had all the time in the world and all those replays and he said that there was conclusive evidence that Malcolm Kelly touched the ball first.

sooneron
9/17/2006, 09:12 PM

Over on another thread, someone mentioned his name (allegedly) and that he works for nike. I have no idea if it's true or not.

gooklahoma
9/17/2006, 09:23 PM
I'm new to the website, but I decided to share my email to the pac 10 commish. Being a referee in a major conference, not football, maybe helps him understand how ****ed off we are.

"Extremely disappointed in your referring crew for Saturday's game. Put aside the replay showing the touch before 10 yards, not one of the refs on the crew looked to see who recovered the kick. They took it for granted that UO recovered the kick. All aspects of that play should have been reviewed, not just the touching of the ball.

Also, as long as these guys have been referring football, and I'm sure it's been quit awhile, you learn tricks to see if something happened during a play. When a quarterback throws a spiral and all of a sudden it changes into a wobbly pass, then obviously something changed the direction of the football, whether it be a helmet or a finger. Replay obvisouly shows the football change its projection.

Of course OU fans would like to have a forfeit, but speaking as a referee in another conference in another sport, I hope you will do the right thing and pull this crew from their remaining games. It's sad to see that this crew has damaged the hard work of other refs in other conferences and other sports."

oupride
9/17/2006, 09:25 PM
Can we get the identity of the pac 10 officials at the UCLA game last year regarding the "phantom" call? what are the chances that it is the same crew?

gooklahoma
9/17/2006, 09:29 PM
That was my political response.
My Boomer Sooner response:
"Refs, you freakin' suck."

oupride
9/17/2006, 09:31 PM
"It's sad to see that this crew has damaged the hard work of other refs in other conferences and other sports."

what about the damage to the fans? and the players, who busted their butts for nearly 4 hours!

Harry Beanbag
9/17/2006, 09:34 PM
Can we get the identity of the pac 10 officials at the UCLA game last year regarding the "phantom" call? what are the chances that it is the same crew?

That would be interesting to know, but I don't have a clue how to find out. I don't even know who the crew was from Saturday.

gooklahoma
9/17/2006, 09:36 PM
You have to be somewhat political when writing to idiots.

SwooshOU
9/17/2006, 09:36 PM
Don't they always say who the refs are in the beginning of a broadcast. If someone has it Tivo-ed they could check that.

Spray
9/17/2006, 10:35 PM
The reply.......

The instant replay official is a fine man and was an outstanding referee, regardless of what we conclude happened in this game. We will review the game tapes and comment on what we see.

Tom Hansen

So does this mean Ol' Tom fired the referee or, Ol' Tom, after reviewing the tapes, determined the referee is no longer outstanding?

Czar Soonerov
9/17/2006, 10:39 PM
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/8991/stoopszebrahuntingyj9.jpg