PDA

View Full Version : A few points to think about...

goingoneight
9/17/2006, 07:59 PM
1. This is not Oregon's fault. It is not their fans' fault. It is not the players' fault. It is not Mike Belotti's fault. If this were the case, Bob Stoops, Adrian Peterson, Sooner fans everywhere and OU must take the blame for f*cktards like Rhett Bomar. Agree that there is an obvious conspiracy with the officiating, be it for the PAC 10 or to benefit USC or something...

2. Classless fans who **** you off, you can't tell them they screwed us. You could show them a video of their coach paying a line judge and they won't believe you. Ignore them, insult them, nothing works here.

3. OUr team against a big time opponent, played like they desereved to lose. Sooner Fans need to eat their words now from over-hyping OUr 2006 defense. 2004 and 2005 obviously taught you nothing if you didn't expect even just a hint of this crappy stuff we've seen lately.

4. Don't get me wrong, repsect guys like OUr young OL who fought and bruised themselves to keep us alive. Respect AD for sticking up for his team and his coaches during that bullsh*t yesterday. Respect guys like ENA for keeping the competition fierce, he did an excellent job utilizing the clapper.

5. Don't be so surprised to see USC throttle Oregon and national media point out that Oregon beat us, so that makes USC the best there is. It is an obvious point to make. Remember that some of you wanted SUC to win their Rose Bowl last year, putting them at a strong 36 game streak. College Football is becoming more and more commercial and it's baby-faces need breaks to keep it "popular." Fortunately, some of their favorites aren't good enough to beat a team like Michigan on their own home field, or come within 20 points for that matter.

6. Teams from now on have to be completely and thoroughly dominant to beat this madness. Don't think a double-overtime win against Baylor means you're good enough to battle a media and officiating favorite like tOSU.

Sounds like I'm a crying fan, I know, but does it or does it not seem obvious? Texass lost against tOSU... therefore, pollsters and media are trying to salvage a "dream season" for someone. Money talks... out. :mad:

Spike
9/17/2006, 08:15 PM
Pull your head out of the Oregon Duck's a$$. They ****ing cheated. Inspite of how badly we played, we still played good enough to beat them. They got a mulligan because they arte ****ing cowardly cheaters. Save the PC cr*p for your preacher.

dougsooner
9/17/2006, 08:20 PM
Think Oregon will do the right thing after review the tape? VERY doubtful!

Sooner Stew
9/17/2006, 08:21 PM
It wasn't the F(D)ucks fault that they won the game period...oh and the troops DID play well enough to win theres no doubt...

goingoneight
9/17/2006, 08:30 PM
Pull your head out of the Oregon Duck's a$$. They ****ing cheated. Inspite of how badly we played, we still played good enough to beat them. They got a mulligan because they arte ****ing cowardly cheaters. Save the PC cr*p for your preacher.

Alright moron, listen... it's not the fans' fault. Some are classless and want to raid your precious little message boards, but they are a minority. This is officiating just as I stated. Dennis Dixon won on paper because he did what his coaches asked him to do, he didn't do anything to you or OU. The blame goes on the officials and people like you make Sooner fans look whiny and stupid for blaming this on a group of 60,000+ people.

goingoneight
9/17/2006, 08:31 PM
Think Oregon will do the right thing after review the tape? VERY doubtful!

You think Mike Leach would have done the right thing after he reviewed the tape? You don't surrender wins, and it is "doubtful" that even OUr coach would do that. Point.......... blown out of the water.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/17/2006, 08:35 PM
You think Mike Leach would have done the right thing after he reviewed the tape? You don't surrender wins, and it is "doubtful" that even OUr coach would do that. Point.......... blown out of the water.

No, I don't think OUr coach would surrender the win, but he would have enough class to acknowledge the help the team got from the bad calls, rather than pretending his team had the best comeback win in college football history.

Portland Oregon
9/17/2006, 08:36 PM
I posted this on another thread, but this seems like a better one for it to be on. Please pardon the duplication.

--------------------------------------------

THE CALL:
Local news here in Portland just showed highlights of the game, and at the onside kick point said it straight up, "the refs get it wrong, so the Ducks get another chance." We're not all blinded by our fandom.

I'm glad the W fell in my boys' laps, but I sure ain't gonna brag about this one. I'm hoping for big wins at ASU, Cal and USC, so that I DO have something to brag about.

THE FANS:
The worst fans are the loudest and most memorable, no matter what team you're talking about... don't let the obnoxious minority make you think that's how they all are. Someone on this board said 1 in 40 is classy in Eugene... c'mon! How many Oregon fans did you walk past that DIDN'T do anything at all? This was as big of a game as there's been at Autzen in a very long time, so fans are going to be in rare form... the obnoxious are going to be even more obnoxious than usual.

...and, I have to say that after lurking on this board all week, there's plenty of classless fans right here. Some amazingly rude, crude and totally ridiculous talk from some people around here (and I'm talking about before the bad call).

I'm cheering for OK in every game for the rest of the season. Karma's gonna come back and save your Sooners one of these weeks, and I'm sure it'll bite my Ducks in the a55 as well (probably as they're on the verge of beating the mighty trojans... ouch!).

sanantoniosooner
9/17/2006, 08:37 PM
No, I don't think OUr coach would surrender the win, but he would have enough class to acknowledge the help the team got from the bad calls, rather than pretending his team had the best comeback win in college football history.
Did you run the scenerio through your hypothetical machine or is this a guess?

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/17/2006, 08:42 PM
Did you run the scenerio through your hypothetical machine or is this a guess?

I don't understand your question. Since it hasn't happened, of course it's a guess. I thought this was an opinion board. That's mine.

goingoneight
9/17/2006, 08:45 PM
I posted this on another thread, but this seems like a better one for it to be on. Please pardon the duplication.

--------------------------------------------

THE CALL:
Local news here in Portland just showed highlights of the game, and at the onside kick point said it straight up, "the refs get it wrong, so the Ducks get another chance." We're not all blinded by our fandom.

I'm glad the W fell in my boys' laps, but I sure ain't gonna brag about this one. I'm hoping for big wins at ASU, Cal and USC, so that I DO have something to brag about.

THE FANS:
The worst fans are the loudest and most memorable, no matter what team you're talking about... don't let the obnoxious minority make you think that's how they all are. Someone on this board said 1 in 40 is classy in Eugene... c'mon! How many Oregon fans did you walk past that DIDN'T do anything at all? This was as big of a game as there's been at Autzen in a very long time, so fans are going to be in rare form... the obnoxious are going to be even more obnoxious than usual.

...and, I have to say that after lurking on this board all week, there's plenty of classless fans right here. Some amazingly rude, crude and totally ridiculous talk from some people around here (and I'm talking about before the bad call).

I'm cheering for OK in every game for the rest of the season. Karma's gonna come back and save your Sooners one of these weeks, and I'm sure it'll bite my Ducks in the a55 as well (probably as they're on the verge of beating the mighty trojans... ouch!).

I'm glad you have the balls to talk amongst people who falsly accuse you and only you, as a fan. Officiating errors are not the guy in section 2's fault, IMHO and people are trying to wage a war of words with innocent fans and players.

sanantoniosooner
9/17/2006, 08:46 PM
I don't understand your question. Since it hasn't happened, of course it's a guess. I thought this was an opinion board. That's mine.
You don't own a hypothetical machine?

These are sweet.

Mine says Bob wouldn't do what most Sooner fans think Belotti should do.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/17/2006, 08:47 PM
Mine says Bob wouldn't do what most Sooner fans think Belotti should do.

Isn't that what I said? :confused:

sanantoniosooner
9/17/2006, 08:50 PM
I don't think Bob would discuss the plays in question. That would be fodder for the media and fans.

Spike
9/17/2006, 08:52 PM
Alright moron, listen... it's not the fans' fault. Some are classless and want to raid your precious little message boards, but they are a minority. This is officiating just as I stated. Dennis Dixon won on paper because he did what his coaches asked him to do, he didn't do anything to you or OU. The blame goes on the officials and people like you make Sooner fans look whiny and stupid for blaming this on a group of 60,000+ people.

OK, BooBoo. Dixon is a good boy, Chung doesn't play dirty and the duck people really aren't qu**rs. Keep dreamin'. Oh, and **** you, duck lover.

Rogue
9/17/2006, 08:53 PM
No way any coach would (or should) say they won because of bad calls.
It diminishes the effort their team, you know-the guys they lead, put forth.

Belotti has to get ready for next week, same as Stoops.

sanantoniosooner
9/17/2006, 08:55 PM
OK, BooBoo. Dixon is a good boy, Chung doesn't play dirty and the duck people really aren't qu**rs. Keep dreamin'. Oh, and **** you, duck lover.
One thing is that you wont be around long.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/17/2006, 09:29 PM
I don't think Bob would discuss the plays in question. That would be fodder for the media and fans.

You're probably right on that. Still, I don't think, knowing the refs handed us the game, that he would act like his team played the greatest game ever. That would be so :mack:

AlabamaSooner
9/17/2006, 09:43 PM

Just because someone is seeing this from a "reality" viewpoint in that the fans had nothing to do with what happened, doesn't mean he's an Oregon fan. Get a grip man and step into the real world for a sec.