PDA

View Full Version : Coach Stoops talks....

Blues1
9/17/2006, 05:07 PM
Link...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14881911/

Sooner in Tampa
9/17/2006, 05:10 PM
Thanks, Blues1

fadada1
9/17/2006, 05:12 PM
while it "reads" somewhat subdued, i think he's WAY pi**ed off. as he should be.

StoopTroup
9/17/2006, 05:14 PM
Yesterdays missed calls were even more blatant mistakes than last years 3 tech plays.

Both are the pits though.

fadada1
9/17/2006, 05:15 PM
and why can't something "unprecidented" take place with this???? why can't there be a first in "major college football"??? why can't there be an "overturn" on the results??

we get the ball, take a knee twice, and the clock is gone.

noobalicious
9/17/2006, 05:15 PM
"I see my guy stepping up inside of 10 yards to go up and gain reception, gain possession of the football, I see their guy go in front of him and hit the football before my guy is allowed to at 10 yards and I see him collide with my guy inside of 10 yards as well,'' Stoops said.

"That's illegal touching and interfering with the reception. And then I see my guy get up with the football that's laying on the ground.''

That about sums it up doesn't it?

Jewstin
9/17/2006, 05:17 PM
Yeah, the reading between the lines is there ... this is the kind of response I was hoping for.

Unfortunately, he knows, like the rest of us, that the red-tape surrounding the NCAA bureaucracy won't allow anything to come out of it.

It's sad that we, as well as a bunch of hard-working players, have to deal with an entity that is more interested in preserving status-quo then doing the right thing.

DarrellZero
9/17/2006, 05:18 PM
Thank God Stoops is finally talking about this.

Maybe someone will listen.

Jewstin
9/17/2006, 05:19 PM
and why can't something "unprecidented" take place with this???? why can't there be a first in "major college football"??? why can't there be an "overturn" on the results??

we get the ball, take a knee twice, and the clock is gone.

You know, in all of my horrible frustration, I sent an e-mail to Ivan Maisel asking this exact question. I didn't really know what else to do, but he has a history of being one of the most objective people on ESPN.

Bah. I'm sure nothing will come of it.

olevetonahill
9/17/2006, 05:23 PM
thanks blues i was wanting to reda something from him

cherokeebrewer
9/17/2006, 05:24 PM
"In the end, it isn't going to change anything,'' Stoops said. "In the end, I've got to look at a bunch of kids who fought hard and have a loss right now.''

This about says it all for me...:confused:

fadada1
9/17/2006, 05:33 PM
"In the end, it isn't going to change anything,'' Stoops said. "In the end, I've got to look at a bunch of kids who fought hard and have a loss right now.''

This about says it all for me...:confused:
unfortunately, i agree:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

85Sooner
9/17/2006, 05:47 PM
Can we get a pot together At the next home game hire one of those planes with the banners that says NCAA National Cheaters Association of America.

No, wait for thr RRS that way it gets TV coverage and those pi$$ ant NCAA officials can be proud they were recognized.

JediSooner
9/17/2006, 05:53 PM
Whether Stoops raises hell about this or not, the NCAA should certainly do something about it. It's been a hot topic since the game ended and all over the media nationwide. By doing nothing, that tells me that they don't really care that a team got a win taken away from them because of a bad call AND replay review. For any and every questionable call that directly affects the outcome of a game, it should be reviewed by the NCAA, IMO. Don't they hold the refs accountable for anything or do they just let them call whatever they want?

I'd really like to know what the replay officials were thinking. Did they not have the same camera angles to review as we had? How could they not have seen something so obvious, on 2 different occassions!!??

The more I think about it, the more I realize that this is starting to hurt more than last years "loss" at TT.

Sooner-N-KS
9/17/2006, 05:54 PM
I'm glad to hear they are talking about it, but I would like to see them officially protest the outcome of the game.

Sooner-N-KS
9/17/2006, 05:56 PM
Whether Stoops raises hell about this or not, the NCAA should certainly do something about it. It's been a hot topic since the game ended and all over the media nationwide.

I may be living in a bubble, but I haven't seen it all over the place. I have seen it as a minor side note in Oregon beating OU.

westcoast_sooner
9/17/2006, 05:58 PM
Different angle from my perspective. Did anyone notice how Coach Stoops said "In the end, I've got to look at a bunch of kids who fought hard and have a loss right now.''

Now, I think our defense played poorly at times, and certainly the issues with tackling and being out of position have not been corrected yet.

But, I'm wondering if a comment like that, along with possible consequences from the NCAA for criticism of officiating might get the D a little riled up and get them to start playing a little better.

boomrsoonr
9/17/2006, 06:02 PM
Another version of it on Fox Sports, so it's getting around.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5975830

ClintonSooner
9/17/2006, 06:03 PM
I would say so...wc sooner

I think this is the soft version of what stoops probably said.

noobalicious
9/17/2006, 06:05 PM
Another version of it on Fox Sports, so it's getting around.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5975830

And on the foxsports college football homepage theres a small picture of Stoops yelling at an official and immediately underneath:

"Instant Analysis
Oklahoma got robbed, Michigan got revenge...etc."

jrsooner
9/17/2006, 06:31 PM
Woohoo...now let's see if the Oregon coach steps up to the plate. Stoops did the right thing, and with the all the news (even some Oregon papers now) coming out from Oregon players stating that both calls were bad. I sure hope that the Oregon coach steps up to the plate and supports Stoops on this. We know it won't change the "w" for Oregon, but at least they can possbly get it right the next time.

Stitch Face
9/17/2006, 06:41 PM
Maybe if we're lucky the officials will be more careful and review every frickin' play for ten minutes each during the last two minutes of a close game.

OKC-SLC
9/17/2006, 07:35 PM
I actually found Bob's language to be fairly strong. He didn't come right out and say, "the officials sucked, and I'm going to have them killed", but he did use some pretty strong language.

Good for him. Take the high road; we've got the low road covered pretty good, Coach.

I will personally contribute to a plane with a banner at the next TELEVISED game with anything derogatory toward the NCAA.

soonercody
9/17/2006, 08:12 PM
This was NOT the NCAA's issue, it was the PAC 10 officiating crew.

Pepper
9/17/2006, 08:19 PM
Yesterdays missed calls were even more blatant mistakes than last years 3 tech plays.

Both are the pits though.

No, the touchdown call on the pass to Weebles was a far worse on field call- probably the worst call I will ever see. But at least it was overturned by replay. What happened yesterday was the worst call by an instant replay official since there was conclusive proof that it was OU ball.

lexsooner
9/17/2006, 08:34 PM
Has anyone addressed how the refs came to the conclusion Oregon recovered the ball in the first place? I mean, don't they have to actually see an Oregon player with the ball, or does a bunch of screaming Oregon players pointing towards our endzone suffice, even though Allen Patrick was standing there holding the ball?

Did they even try and review who recovered the ball? Even that crew would not have been able to dispute that one. Somebody please help me with this one. I mean, the review of the tip passed the laugh test, the review of the ten yard rule didn't, but IMHO the ruling on the field that Oregon recovered was the biggest atrocity of the game. That would be like the dropped TD pass by the Tech receiver last year, ruled a TD by the refs on the field, standing as the winning TD.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/17/2006, 08:36 PM
This was NOT the NCAA's issue, it was the PAC 10 officiating crew.

Sorry, I don't agree. The NCAA instituted video replay. If it's not working, in fact accomplishing the exact opposite of what it was intended to accomplish, for whatever reason, that IS an NCAA issue.

tulsaoilerfan
9/17/2006, 08:37 PM
Doesn't OU have some super rich booster that can buy us calls like Oregon got yesterday? That's the only explanation i can think of

boomrsoonr
9/17/2006, 08:37 PM
Has anyone addressed how the refs came to the conclusion Oregon recovered the ball in the first place? I mean, don't they have to actually see an Oregon player with the ball, or does a bunch of screaming Oregon players pointing towards our endzone suffice, even though Allen Patrick was standing there holding the ball?

Did they even try and review who recovered the ball? Even that crew would not have been able to dispute that one. Somebody please help me with this one. I mean, the review of the tip passed the laugh test, the review of the ten yard rule didn't, but IMHO the ruling on the field that Oregon recovered was the biggest atrocity of the game. That would be like the dropped TD pass by the Tech receiver last year, ruled a TD by the refs on the field, standing as the winning TD.

My guess is they saw the ball, then they saw a Duck flying toward it, then think it was stripped from him after the whistle. I guess they feel that is a possibility but not if they'd really review the tape at both slow speed to see what happened, and then again at full speed to see how fast Patrick came up with the ball. No way the whistle should have been blow yet.

lexsooner
9/17/2006, 08:54 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if the Bush allegations resulted in sanctions, and USC was stripped of its BSC title and the runner-up OU was awarded the BCS national title from two years ago? We could flip off Oregon and the rest of the country who so badly want OU to lose at any cost. And if anyone in Oregon complained the title was not won on the field, we could say neither was their "victory" over us.

ClintonSooner
9/17/2006, 08:55 PM
Can we get a pot together At the next home game hire one of those planes with the banners that says NCAA National Cheaters Association of America.

No, wait for thr RRS that way it gets TV coverage and those pi$$ ant NCAA officials can be proud they were recognized.

May I pay via Paypal?:chicken:

SwooshOU
9/17/2006, 08:56 PM
How about we raise money to fly a banner over OREGON'S next home game.

:)

What would it say?

85Sooner
9/17/2006, 09:08 PM
How about we raise money to fly a banner over OREGON'S next home game.

:)

What would it say?

That was my idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oupride
9/17/2006, 09:14 PM
I really appreciate this link. Thank you! and Boomer Sooner!

boomrsoonr
9/17/2006, 09:15 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if the Bush allegations resulted in sanctions, and USC was stripped of its BSC title and the runner-up OU was awarded the BCS national title from two years ago? We could flip off Oregon and the rest of the country who so badly want OU to lose at any cost. And if anyone in Oregon complained the title was not won on the field, we could say neither was their "victory" over us.

I, for one, wouldn't want the title that way. And isn't this the core of what has so many on this site up in arms? The fact that Oregon fans (the majority of them) see nothing wrong with Saturday's game.

If they lose the title, then it should just be a year where no one won it.