PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Gregg with a sweet fumble return...

King Crimson
9/17/2006, 04:36 PM
....almost for the score. anybody else see it. what a gazelle. he's a veritable Greg Pruitt with the rock.

birddog
9/17/2006, 04:38 PM
now that's funny.

Dio
9/17/2006, 04:38 PM
If he'd have made it to the end zone, he'd have damn near as many points for the season as the Raidah's "offense"

poke4christ
9/17/2006, 05:45 PM
Greg's lives next door to my parents in the off-season (in Edmond). Actually, I'm looking at his house right now. My dad and I were chearing our butts off when we saw the replay. For those that don't know, I think he left OU in 98 and entered the NFL. Just missed the stoops era. I haven't meet him yet, but I've been wanting to for a while. My dad said he is a very nice guy.

What I'd really like to do is race him in a 40 yard dash. I'm pretty sure he'd beat me, but it would still be cool to say I got beat by a 300+ pound man (I'm about 180).

Also, he had two fumble recoveries on the day and one last week.

Zach

DoubleDown
9/17/2006, 07:55 PM
I used to be real good friends with Kelly's older brother (no falling out, I just haven't seen him in a few years). The day after the 1998 LosuR game, we had a flag football game set-up and Kelly came out to play with his brother. I told him I knew how these games were and sooner or later it would turn into tackle. When he looked at me and smiled (I could tell he was still pretty pi$$ed about the loss to the aggies the day before) I said "You're on my team." Needless to say, there was NO WAY I was going to let the big man take out his frustrations on me. One of the things I remember was his insistince on playing qb when we wanted to run an option play. No one was going to tell him no. And let me tell you, he's fast. Not AD fast, but probably one of the fastets on the field that day.

Sure enough, the game turned into tackle and I was surprised that a few people didn't lose a limb when Kelly took them down. I only saw one person take him down: his older brother (who was a pretty good football player in his own right). Anyway, sorry about waxing nostalgic. Anytime someone brings up Kelly, I gotta tell this story.

poke4christ
9/17/2006, 09:32 PM
I used to be real good friends with Kelly's older brother (no falling out, I just haven't seen him in a few years). The day after the 1998 LosuR game, we had a flag football game set-up and Kelly came out to play with his brother. I told him I knew how these games were and sooner or later it would turn into tackle. When he looked at me and smiled (I could tell he was still pretty pi$$ed about the loss to the aggies the day before) I said "You're on my team." Needless to say, there was NO WAY I was going to let the big man take out his frustrations on me. One of the things I remember was his insistince on playing qb when we wanted to run an option play. No one was going to tell him no. And let me tell you, he's fast. Not AD fast, but probably one of the fastets on the field that day.

Sure enough, the game turned into tackle and I was surprised that a few people didn't lose a limb when Kelly took them down. I only saw one person take him down: his older brother (who was a pretty good football player in his own right). Anyway, sorry about waxing nostalgic. Anytime someone brings up Kelly, I gotta tell this story.

Awesome story, I woundn't have wanted to get in his way that day either. Especially not wearing the OSU Hoodie that I am right now :D.

Zach