PDA

View Full Version : Dixon Knew Pass Was Tipped

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/17/2006, 03:47 PM
Humility key for lucky Ducks

Sunday, September 17, 2006

EUGENE There is no conclusive video evidence to support this theory, but we should probably consider the possibility that some Oklahoma player opened an umbrella indoors Saturday. Or spilled salt on the team training table. Or broke the mirror in the visiting locker room before kickoff.

Unlucky bunch, those Sooners.

Say it at your own risk today, though.

Because during Oregon's 34-33 victory at Autzen Stadium, the Ducks adapted, overcame and did just about everything necessary to start the season 3-0. The rest was provided by human error.

If we're going to have a group catharsis here, we need to acknowledge that Mr. Magoo must have been working the video replay booth. If they're going to use instant replay and slow down the games and leave players and coaches and fans standing around, they'd better start getting it right.

The onside kick in the final 72 seconds that was awarded to the Ducks? If you were watching on television from your sofa, you saw it touch Oregon's Brian Paysinger before it traveled 10 yards. Your spouse saw it. Your children saw it. The family dog probably saw it. So did anyone in the stadium who looked up at the giant video monitor.

Yet, inside the stadium, which happens to be the only place it counts, it was, "After further review, there is conclusive evidence the receiving team touched the ball . . ." and then, a whole lot of pandemonium.

Same goes for two plays later, with the replay showing a throw by Dennis Dixon that resulted in a pass interference penalty against Oklahoma being tipped at the line of scrimmage. While the officials were reviewing that play, looking for the tip that would nullify the penalty, Dixon wandered to the Oregon sideline, where his coach asked, "Was it tipped, Dennis?"

The answer: "Yes, sir."

Then, it went: "After further review, there was no conclusive evidence . . ." and two plays later, the Ducks seized the lead on a 23-yard touchdown pass to Paysinger. Suddenly, hundreds of ticket holders who had left the stadium with Oregon trailing by two scores were scurrying back through the turnstiles, pleading with security guards to let them re-enter the stadium.

Rest of Story (www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf?/base/sports/1158467115174120.xml&coll=7)

noobalicious
9/17/2006, 03:50 PM
hahahaha wow, this is so unbelievable, proof positive that the only idiots that could have possibly got Oregon the win were the guys wearing stripes on Saturday.

BoonesFarmSooner
9/17/2006, 04:03 PM
WOW!!!!

Blues1
9/17/2006, 04:10 PM
Oregon Players looked like junior high kids that just got laid....You would have thought they just broke our 47 game win streak.....

Sad day for College Football....More will be reveal before this is all over...!!!

This Ain't over yet....!!!

R'

Widescreen
9/17/2006, 04:21 PM
I'm still waiting for someone to show a photo of the Oregon player with the ball who recovered the onsides kick. Apparently he wore a white #23 jersey.

*JB*
9/17/2006, 04:27 PM
After the game yesterday I was appauled at what I had seen concerning the officials. So I did a little research. Please call this man and let him know what you think about the officials, and the use of instant replay. Also pass the number on to as many people you can. I am sure he will get a new number pretty soon, but lets get as many calls in as we can. If he doesn't answer just leave him a voicemail.

Mr. Ty Halpin
NCAA Associate Director
for Playing Rules Administration
(317) 917-6136

StoopTroup
9/17/2006, 04:27 PM
Humility key for lucky Ducks

Sunday, September 17, 2006

EUGENE There is no conclusive video evidence to support this theory, but we should probably consider the possibility that some Oklahoma player opened an umbrella indoors Saturday. Or spilled salt on the team training table. Or broke the mirror in the visiting locker room before kickoff.

Unlucky bunch, those Sooners.

Say it at your own risk today, though.

Because during Oregon's 34-33 victory at Autzen Stadium, the Ducks adapted, overcame and did just about everything necessary to start the season 3-0. The rest was provided by human error.

If we're going to have a group catharsis here, we need to acknowledge that Mr. Magoo must have been working the video replay booth. If they're going to use instant replay and slow down the games and leave players and coaches and fans standing around, they'd better start getting it right.

The onside kick in the final 72 seconds that was awarded to the Ducks? If you were watching on television from your sofa, you saw it touch Oregon's Brian Paysinger before it traveled 10 yards. Your spouse saw it. Your children saw it. The family dog probably saw it. So did anyone in the stadium who looked up at the giant video monitor.

Yet, inside the stadium, which happens to be the only place it counts, it was, "After further review, there is conclusive evidence the receiving team touched the ball . . ." and then, a whole lot of pandemonium.

Same goes for two plays later, with the replay showing a throw by Dennis Dixon that resulted in a pass interference penalty against Oklahoma being tipped at the line of scrimmage. While the officials were reviewing that play, looking for the tip that would nullify the penalty, Dixon wandered to the Oregon sideline, where his coach asked, "Was it tipped, Dennis?"

The answer: "Yes, sir."

Then, it went: "After further review, there was no conclusive evidence . . ." and two plays later, the Ducks seized the lead on a 23-yard touchdown pass to Paysinger. Suddenly, hundreds of ticket holders who had left the stadium with Oregon trailing by two scores were scurrying back through the turnstiles, pleading with security guards to let them re-enter the stadium.

Rest of Story (www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf?/base/sports/1158467115174120.xml&coll=7)
POST OF THE DAY

sooner n houston
9/17/2006, 04:42 PM
Well, hurray for some honesty!

*JB*
9/17/2006, 05:30 PM
BUMP*

Just want to make sure everyone gets Mr. Halpin's number

Ducksfan79
9/17/2006, 05:47 PM
more has been uncovered!

http://ducks.blogs.oregonlive.com/default.asp?item=183837

FaninAma
9/17/2006, 05:56 PM
more has been uncovered!

F*ck you! The whole world knows it was a tainted win except for you delusional Duck fans and Mark May on ESPN.

Go ahead and enjoy the hollow victory but don't expect any more gift wrapped victories like this one.

tulsaoilerfan
9/17/2006, 08:33 PM
Who the hell wrote that blog? I love it how they are trying to justify us getting screwed by saying that we got some calls go our way earlier in the game; i hope we get them again in a bowl after the season for some payback

Landthief 1972
9/17/2006, 09:12 PM
more has been uncovered!

How many of those calls were reviewed by a blind mongloid and still not overturned, mouthbreather? Clearly, Oregoon doesn't not have a critical thinking class.

Snrfn4ever08
9/17/2006, 09:23 PM
Yea, I just saw this article when my dad returned to the Great State of Oklahoma with the Oregonian. I think this guy shows a lot of class by writing an article that is basically in favor of OU. From my personal experiences, most of the people up there seem to have class.