PDA

View Full Version : The "O" answers 'how much class?'

Zing
9/17/2006, 03:41 PM
Just got back from Autzen about 8 hours ago, and I can say that those fans don't have an ounce of class among 'em.

I'm a member of the band, and I stopped counting the number of times I got flipped off and told "f... you!" at 75. And this was in the short commute from the bus to the stadium gates. When I passed into the stadium and made it to my seat, a barrage of trash, food, and verbal abuse began that wouldn't relent until 30 minutes after the game ended. They even threw a couple of paper airplanes our way... Which one of you guys gave them that technology?

We'd kick a field goal, and their fans would turn around and display the math skills that have made them nationally famous. "You got THREEEE! You got THREEE!" Yeah, buddy, it means we lead your chin count by one. Now turn around and watch the game.

After it was over, their fans rushed the field due to the complete lack of security around the stadium. We even had security devoted to us, and they just stepped aside and let people through. Regardless, everyone and their dog had to come by and take a shot at us... even some kid with cerebral palsy came by, said "unnheerrungrrrah!", flipped us the bird, and hobbled off as best he could. Poor kid, he sure put his heart into that.

Because they didn't show a single replay up on the duck vision, the impression I left Autzen with was "Wow, those fans are a bunch of cads." I guess it just proves the old adage: You can lead a horse to water, but you can't pull the Oregon fan out of his butt.

robertk232
9/17/2006, 03:46 PM
I understand that everything you said is true, I am a U of O student. After the game I talked to a few sooner fans walking out, I told them good game, thanks for coming and to enjoy Eugene. Not all of us are the bird flipping, food throwing *******s. It is too bad you left on such a sour note.

Zing
9/17/2006, 03:49 PM
I understand that everything you said is true, I am a U of O student. After the game I talked to a few sooner fans walking out, I told them good game, thanks for coming and to enjoy Eugene. Not all of us are the bird flipping, food throwing *******s. It is too bad you left on such a sour note.

Well, the hotdog vendor, an old man who randomly gave me a snickers bar (yum), and two members of the janitorial staff said 'good game,' so I guess you're not alone.

fadada1
9/17/2006, 03:52 PM
good for you 232. nice to see some class displayed.

unfortunately, after reading most of the post by OU fans at the game, you were in the minority. the apparent lack of class demonstrated by the oregon faithful rivals that of kstate, colorado, and okstate - which is saying quite a bit. i hope that during the duck's visit last year, they received different treatment. i only hope that if oregon comes back to OU (which should never happen because we should boycott any further games with PAC10 schools), that we show the maturity that some/most of your fans seem to lack.

i'd like to congratulate you on a well fought win, but i won't. we all know what happened yesterday - even if you see the world through yellow/green/diamond decked glasses.

noobalicious
9/17/2006, 03:56 PM
Just got back from Autzen about 8 hours ago, and I can say that those fans don't have an ounce of class among 'em.

I'm a member of the band, and I stopped counting the number of times I got flipped off and told "f... you!" at 75. And this was in the short commute from the bus to the stadium gates. When I passed into the stadium and made it to my seat, a barrage of trash, food, and verbal abuse began that wouldn't relent until 30 minutes after the game ended. They even threw a couple of paper airplanes our way... Which one of you guys gave them that technology?

We'd kick a field goal, and their fans would turn around and display the math skills that have made them nationally famous. "You got THREEEE! You got THREEE!" Yeah, buddy, it means we lead your chin count by one. Now turn around and watch the game.

After it was over, their fans rushed the field due to the complete lack of security around the stadium. We even had security devoted to us, and they just stepped aside and let people through. Regardless, everyone and their dog had to come by and take a shot at us... even some kid with cerebral palsy came by, said "unnheerrungrrrah!", flipped us the bird, and hobbled off as best he could. Poor kid, he sure put his heart into that.

Because they didn't show a single replay up on the duck vision, the impression I left Autzen with was "Wow, those fans are a bunch of cads." I guess it just proves the old adage: You can lead a horse to water, but you can't pull the Oregon fan out of his butt.

Sadly after seeing some of the doorknobs that meandered onto this board, I'm starting to believe this is what Oregon fans are really like. I know not all of them are...but I'm starting to think the majority are.

I don't remember flippin the bird or saying f you to any UAB or Washington fans. Nor did I see any other Sooner fans do that.

robertk232
9/17/2006, 03:58 PM
I didn't go to the game at Oklahoma 2 years ago, but from what I heard you guys were absolutely great, so it is depressing to hear how poorly you were treated.

On another note does anyone know if there is a torrent link of the game anywhere? I seem to not be able to start a thread.

noobalicious
9/17/2006, 04:03 PM
Class class class! :rolleyes:

Jewstin
9/17/2006, 04:15 PM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1/adinajones/Dixon.jpg

Not only is it ugly, it's uncreative!

I like this one better:

http://www.collegegear.com/sf/stores/product_images/184753-x.jpg

Woops ... attached it and inserted it.

Sooner in Tampa
9/17/2006, 05:19 PM
Not only is it ugly, it's uncreative!

I like this one better:

http://www.collegegear.com/sf/stores/product_images/184753-x.jpg

Woops ... attached it and inserted it.HEH...got seven?

Does Uo even have one??? F*%king chumps

freshchris05
9/17/2006, 07:14 PM
HEH...got seven?

Does Uo even have one??? F*%king chumps

what? u thought that 0 on their helmets stood for oregon?? good to see some of u got class but im still just f*ckin ****ed

SoonerDood
9/17/2006, 07:21 PM
Kansas State of the West.

ClintonSooner
9/17/2006, 07:24 PM
Kansas State of the West.

No, not that bad, Kansas state tears down goal post when they beat us...:cool:

OUTrumpet
9/17/2006, 07:45 PM
good for you 232. nice to see some class displayed.

unfortunately, after reading most of the post by OU fans at the game, you were in the minority. the apparent lack of class demonstrated by the oregon faithful rivals that of kstate, colorado, and okstate - which is saying quite a bit. i hope that during the duck's visit last year, they received different treatment. i only hope that if oregon comes back to OU (which should never happen because we should boycott any further games with PAC10 schools), that we show the maturity that some/most of your fans seem to lack.

i'd like to congratulate you on a well fought win, but i won't. we all know what happened yesterday - even if you see the world through yellow/green/diamond decked glasses.

You nailed it on the head. They reminded me of both OSU in 02 and KSU in 03. Except a lot more vocal, a lot more rude, and throwing a LOT of trash at the band. Even when this fat guy came up and just grabbed one of our drummers for playing Boomer Sooner.

RAPTORPBG
9/17/2006, 08:16 PM
All I have to say is that it was great game. As for the Band, you can't run through concession areas chanting and yelling and not expect a response back so live with it. As for the game, calls were questionable on both sides. WELCOME TO FOOTBALL! Instead of whining about the officiating, how about taking your team and stopping the ducks from scoring! YOU HAD THE CHANCE TO END IT, AND BLEW IT PLAIN AND SIMPLE. I really respect that football team for such a hard fought game. Oklahoma looked like they could play anyone in the country, but just fell short. I wanted all the sooner fans who were there to say thanks for coming out, and I hope that you enjoyed the loudest stadium in football. Great Game!

ClintonSooner
9/17/2006, 08:25 PM
All I have to say is that it was great game. As for the Band, you can't run through concession areas chanting and yelling and not expect a response back so live with it. As for the game, calls were questionable on both sides. WELCOME TO FOOTBALL! Instead of whining about the officiating, how about taking your team and stopping the ducks from scoring! YOU HAD THE CHANCE TO END IT, AND BLEW IT PLAIN AND SIMPLE. I really respect that football team for such a hard fought game. Oklahoma looked like they could play anyone in the country, but just fell short. I wanted all the sooner fans who were there to say thanks for coming out, and I hope that you enjoyed the loudest stadium in football. Great Game!

I dont know about all of that, I dont think our band has confrentations(sp?)
like this everywhere they go, plus about the "blew it plain and simple", yes it was simple that the refs blew it

Loudest stadium? from tv it was loud but I thinks oSu's is just as load IMO

Zing
9/17/2006, 09:08 PM

We were in parade formation, chanting "OU!" at appropriate times during certain drum cadences. We didn't chant or yell once we got into the stadium... Our directors would have skinned us alive. Sure, we cheer for our team while we're in our seats, but outside of that, nada.

You guys are losers, plain and simple. Classless losers.

AZSunSooner
9/17/2006, 09:14 PM
It is sad that our own fans are complaining about "classless losers" by displaying their own lack of class. Having class means not coming here and ****ting on people no matter how mad you are at the time.

Primo
9/17/2006, 09:18 PM
I was at the game, and found the vast majority of the Duck faithful to be quality fans. My experience was positive.

As far as loudness, Autzen does not even come close to Kyle Field, OSU at times, Alabama or Florida.

AZSunSooner
9/17/2006, 09:21 PM
I was at the game, and found the vast majority of the Duck faithful to be quality fans. My experience was positive.

As far as loudness, Autzen does not even come close to Kyle Field, OSU at times, Alabama or Florida.When they refer to the noise at Autzen, they are talking about on the field during the game. It looks like fans are able to sit much closer to the field and are much louder to the players. At least that is what Keith Jackson said a few years back. :)

dougsooner
9/17/2006, 09:27 PM
Raptorpbg, or whatever...., YOU, are welcoming US to football??? Don't make me laugh. Your university will be the laughing stock of the country this week on every sports talk show due to the over the top cheating. Don't give me the line: " bad calls both ways" Sorry, that is very weak. To make matters worse for yourselves you keep saying how your stadium is the loudest in the country???? With all 42,000 fans you have there you rank only about 7th in the Big 12 and would rank around 11th in the SEC. Crawl back into your dream world, reality doesn't suit you....

snrbndt
9/17/2006, 09:34 PM
My dad is an oregon alum and was at the game. I am an ou grad student with season tickets and loving it. He is coming here for the CU game next month. He called me during half time and said he peed next to an ou fan who invited us to tailgate with him at the cu game next month. He was very impressed with the gentleman from oklahoma.

I am sure there are a few bad apples in every barrel.

My uncle, 3 cousins, brother, and sister-in-law all came down to see the ducks in norman in 04. I was very proud to be a sooner that day. They commented numerous time how gracious the OU fans were to them.

The only negative from them came from my uncle who has been an oregon season ticket holder for years and been to all their bowl games. He said that the ou game in 04 was the most he ever paid for a ticket.

I did notice that for the holiday bowl ou student tickets were 50 bucks. Oregon student tickets were 20. I guess the sooner nation is just more ready and or more able to put their money where their mouth is.

OKLA21FAN
9/17/2006, 09:41 PM
He called me during half time and said he peed next to an ou fan who invited us to tailgate with him at the cu game next month. He was very impressed with the gentleman from oklahoma.

there is just something terribly wrong about this. i feel dirty just reading it.

just sayin

snrbndt
9/17/2006, 09:51 PM
I can't believe I wrote that how I wrote it. As I read it now, I see exactly what you mean and can't stop laughing.

freshchris05
9/17/2006, 11:10 PM

ok u panty waste f*ggot *ss b*stard... the smarter part of u got flushed away with the broken condom... ur an idiot i dunno why im even responding to this u know the game was bs and if u were have the man ur mom is u could admit that... f*ck off i hope u have fun tonite f*ckin yourself to porkie's

letsroll
9/17/2006, 11:27 PM
as a long time season ticket holder in norman, i know we all have some bad fans. my south endzone seats are in the middle of the opposing teams fans. i get a real good picture of the good, the bad and the ugly. i rank the nebo fans as best, osu and ksu pretty bad. its been better, since our team has been able to shut them up early. i love it when the ksu fans talk about all of their tradition, and how well they travel, what a joke, i just tell them that in the 70's when i went to an away game in manhattan, there was more red in the stands than purple. not just because of what happened this last sat. but the worst non-conf fans from the last several years were the ducks. i was ready to smack this one lady duck as she complained the whole game about everything from the weather, the food, the seats, and not one positive thought about cheering for her team, everything was negative, (you know the type of fan). the washington fans last week were great. very strong support of their team. those sitting around me said they travel to every conf. away game washington has except oregon, because they are so harrassed there it makes the whole experence so unplesant. i feel sorry for the good duck fans that have to be lumped with so many of their bad fans, its not a reputation i would want,

blackbeauty02
9/17/2006, 11:36 PM
ok u panty waste f*ggot *ss b*stard... the smarter part of u got flushed away with the broken condom... ur an idiot i dunno why im even responding to this u know the game was bs and if u were have the man ur mom is u could admit that... f*ck off i hope u have fun tonite f*ckin yourself to porkie's

come'on man. your just calling the kettle black. stooping below low. have pride and move on. yea it sucks that we lost but we can't be ****ed off at the world. Oregon had nothing to do with it. The refs did. don't take it out on them. two, yea we got screwed on the calls but our defense should not have shut down. you don't ever, ever, ever, ever let a team score two touchdowns in 2 minutes. EVER. Just hang your head up high and be a class act. As a student it upsets me that we boo the opposing team as they come on. I really think something should be done about that but kinda hard getting 80,000 fans not to.

blackbeauty02
9/17/2006, 11:37 PM

I highly doubt that it even compares to A&M's stadium

freshchris05
9/17/2006, 11:44 PM
come'on man. your just calling the kettle black. stooping below low. have pride and move on. yea it sucks that we lost but we can't be ****ed off at the world. Oregon had nothing to do with it. The refs did. don't take it out on them. two, yea we got screwed on the calls but our defense should not have shut down. you don't ever, ever, ever, ever let a team score two touchdowns in 2 minutes. EVER. Just hang your head up high and be a class act. As a student it upsets me that we boo the opposing team as they come on. I really think something should be done about that but kinda hard getting 80,000 fans not to.

did i take it out on oregon??no... i get p*ssed whenever stupid fans come on and talk sh*t like they know what they are talking about... this cat is acting like the refs didnt have walgreen's gift wrap this b*tch for them... dont call me out and tell me i have no class read all my posts and form an oppinion... oh yeah thanks for wasting ur first post on me.. im honored to pop ur cherry... heres some spek...

KaiserSooner
9/17/2006, 11:51 PM
All I have to say is that it was great game.

Wrong.

It should of been a great game, but the officials decided to take the game into their own hands. Those two calls near the end of the game weren't simply "questionable." There was clear and unmistakable video evidence, from all angles, showing the officials had blown both calls. They had the chance to correct them, yet chose not to. With the review process in place in college football, any sort of excuse along the lines of, "well, blown calls happen" or "everyone gets burned by bad calls" are no longer valid.

I hope you enjoy the victory that wasn't.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/17/2006, 11:53 PM
i'm probably going to get banned for that one...

Zing
9/18/2006, 09:48 AM
It is sad that our own fans are complaining about "classless losers" by displaying their own lack of class. Having class means not coming here and ****ting on people no matter how mad you are at the time.

Although I'm sure it affected some, my frustration at the calls didn't make those in yellow and green any less tolerable. I approve of your way to lump me in here, though, using my quote n' all. Apparently, relating a story exactly as how it happens isn't "classy" anymore.

Well, I'm sorry for telling things like they are. Ah, here we go:

Upon further review, the Oregon fans were all class acts. :rolleyes: