PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought ...

Duckwriter
9/17/2006, 03:39 PM
1) If an Oregon player touched the ball before it went 10 yards, that would be an illegal procedure, no? However, reviewing the play cannot result in a penalty being called. In fact, they don't review penalties at all -- they review calls the officials on the field made.

2) If no illegal procedure penalty was called, then the reviewers wouldn't even have been looking at that segment of the replay, but on where the ball wound up in the scrum and who had possession when the whistle blew. Question: do the reviewers have audio in their replay?

3) I've seen two different videos. The first one makes it look like an Oregon player had possession when the whistle blew. The second one makes it look like it squirted out and was picked up by an OU player. Question: did the reviewers have access to both replays?

4) In my judgment, the Sooners got robbed on the onside kick ... but that said, they had plenty of other opportunities to win the ball game, and they didn't capitalize on them. Oregon did. End of story. Have a great season.

Widescreen
9/17/2006, 03:43 PM
Hope you enjoyed the home cooking. I honestly can't remember a time when OU won a game like that. And I hope I never find out because I wouldn't feel too good about it. I want our team to win, not lose but be declared the winner by the officials.

StoopTroup
9/17/2006, 03:44 PM
Bottomline.

NCAA replay isn't working and most of the Fans don't even understand any of it.

mrowl
9/17/2006, 03:45 PM
enjoy your cheating officials.

I hope the Big 12 refuses to EVER schedule another game with the PAC 10. And I hope if we had the unfortunate event of playing a pac 10 team in a bowl game, that we kick your ***.

you forgot about the tipped ball.

birddog
9/17/2006, 03:51 PM
1) If an Oregon player touched the ball before it went 10 yards, that would be an illegal procedure, no? However, reviewing the play cannot result in a penalty being called. In fact, they don't review penalties at all -- they review calls the officials on the field made.

2) If no illegal procedure penalty was called, then the reviewers wouldn't even have been looking at that segment of the replay, but on where the ball wound up in the scrum and who had possession when the whistle blew. Question: do the reviewers have audio in their replay?

3) I've seen two different videos. The first one makes it look like an Oregon player had possession when the whistle blew. The second one makes it look like it squirted out and was picked up by an OU player. Question: did the reviewers have access to both replays?

4) In my judgment, the Sooners got robbed on the onside kick ... but that said, they had plenty of other opportunities to win the ball game, and they didn't capitalize on them. Oregon did. End of story. Have a great season.
uo capitalized on boobery from the refs, not opportunities they created.

StoopTroup
9/17/2006, 03:53 PM
Duckwriter...

Is this your article?

www.sportingnews.com (http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=128763)

If not...do you actually get paid for stuff like that when you write?

birddog
9/17/2006, 03:53 PM

uo capitalized on boobery from the refs, not from opportunities they created.

Jewstin
9/17/2006, 03:54 PM
What replay have you seen that looks like an Oregon player recovered it? Every single angle has shown the same thing ...

EVERY SINGLE ANGLE.

Chung, or whatever his name is, dives in and hits the ball between Iglesias' legs. From behind, you see it plop out like a football shaped turd coming form Iglesias ... from the side, you see Chung hit it and suddenly appear between Iglesias' legs.

I ask you this ... if the video reviews don't review penalties, why did the referee come out and say, "after reviewing the play, the ball struck an OU's player helmet FIRST, hence it is a live ball." Nevermind the fact that it didn't or that Oregon never recovered it.

mrowl
9/17/2006, 03:54 PM
how does a guy with 7 posts start a new thread?

Duckwriter
9/17/2006, 03:55 PM
uo capitalized on boobery from the refs, not opportunities they created.

http://ducks.blogs.oregonlive.com/default.asp?item=183837

OUHOMER
9/17/2006, 03:58 PM
how does a guy with 7 posts start a new thread?

good point and why is he still green

boomrsoonr
9/17/2006, 03:59 PM

Then why did they review the so-called pass interference penalty? Go away until you have something worth while, or at least truthful, to post.

StoopTroup
9/17/2006, 04:01 PM
After the play was reviewed...

Why didn't the Ref say..."The play stands as called."

He obviously couldn't believe they didn't overturn the call.

birddog
9/17/2006, 04:04 PM
so you think the ball went 10 yards do ya? you think the ducks recovered the ball do ya? BOOBERY created opportunites.

Dio
9/17/2006, 04:05 PM
If this is how Oregon wins big games, no wonder Nebraska leap-frogged them into the National Championship game a few years ago.

Jewstin
9/17/2006, 04:06 PM

That's the blanket response all of you worthless Duck fans have thrown out.

You can't defend anything about the blown call in any, way, shape or form, so you start talking about statistics. Sure, we gave up a lot of yardage, but we AT LEAST forced turnovers and held you to 26 points.

Your last touchdown doesn't count. Nobody who matters in this country will ever see the result of this game in any other fashion, as is evidenced by your team's inability to crack the top 10.

Oregon ... still just another mediocre Pac-10 program.

Duckwriter
9/17/2006, 04:14 PM
so you think the ball went 10 yards do ya? you think the ducks recovered the ball do ya? BOOBERY created opportunites.

No, I'm saying I don't know if it went 10 yards or not.

I'm also saying that it was a bad call, besides. The second video I saw pretty clearly shows that Chung didn't have the ball long enough for the whistle to have blown. If it did blow while Chung had it, then the officials on the field screwed up. If it didn't blow while Chung had it, then both sets of officials screwed up.

Good lord, guys ... listen to yourselves.

Duckwriter
9/17/2006, 04:15 PM
That's the blanket response all of you worthless Duck fans have thrown out.

You can't defend anything about the blown call in any, way, shape or form, so you start talking about statistics. Sure, we gave up a lot of yardage, but we AT LEAST forced turnovers and held you to 26 points.

Your last touchdown doesn't count. Nobody who matters in this country will ever see the result of this game in any other fashion, as is evidenced by your team's inability to crack the top 10.

Oregon ... still just another mediocre Pac-10 program.

Why would Oregon have cracked the top 10? They didn't beat a top ten team, did they? You guys were only ranked three spots ahead of the Ducks anyway.

Dio
9/17/2006, 04:15 PM
Here's some prospective from an Oregoninian who isn't drinking the neon kool-aid, dickbiter:

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf?/base/sports/1158467115174120.xml&coll=7

Jewstin
9/17/2006, 04:17 PM
Why would Oregon have cracked the top 10? They didn't beat a top ten team, did they? You guys were only ranked three spots ahead of the Ducks anyway.

Why would Oregon ever crack the top 10?

Your fans are the ones raising hell about being left out of it. Go ask them.

birddog
9/17/2006, 04:19 PM

I'm also saying that it was a bad call, besides. The second video I saw pretty clearly shows that Chung didn't have the ball long enough for the whistle to have blown. If it did blow while Chung had it, then the officials on the field screwed up. If it didn't blow while Chung had it, then both sets of officials screwed up.

i guess i just don't see the correlation between the calls on the field and global warming. what was the intention of that link?

Duckwriter
9/17/2006, 04:20 PM
Here's some prospective from an Oregoninian who isn't drinking the neon kool-aid, dickbiter:

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf?/base/sports/1158467115174120.xml&coll=7

Canzano's right -- the Ducks got lucky.

Still doesn't change the facts, Dio -- 500 yards of offense doesn't happen in a vacuum. Refs are like the weather. You can't do anything about them, so you deal with it and you take care of business. Both teams played their hearts out, and one team came out on top. That's the way it goes, dude ... it's football. There is always going to be human error, but this pathetic attempt to create some kind of conspiracy around this reminds me of nothing so much as 2000 election season. Get a grip, guys.

TXBOOMER
9/17/2006, 04:21 PM
Your mama dickwing! http://www.zshare.net/video/jobbed2-wmv.html

DarrellZero
9/17/2006, 04:21 PM
Why is it so important to you dickweeds that we agree with you?

You won the game, the refs said so. But don't try to come over here and convince us that we didn't deserve it. We did.

Jewstin
9/17/2006, 04:28 PM

Still doesn't change the facts, Dio -- 500 yards of offense doesn't happen in a vacuum. Refs are like the weather. You can't do anything about them, so you deal with it and you take care of business. Both teams played their hearts out, and one team came out on top. That's the way it goes, dude ... it's football. There is always going to be human error, but this pathetic attempt to create some kind of conspiracy around this reminds me of nothing so much as 2000 election season. Get a grip, guys.

Sure, there will be human error, but what happened on that single play goes well beyond human error.

You have a team of professionals making a grossly incorrect call on the field, with another team of professionals looking at televisions and replays upholding it. Everyone in the country has seen that the replays show exactly the opposite of what was ruled. Even casual observers, completely disconnected from the game and the scenario, witnessed an Oregon player committing illegal touching and OU successfully recovering the onside kick.

Even my friggin' mother, who knows virtually nothing about football, could see the ball bouncing between Iglesias' legs.

Why couldn't these professionals do the same? Either they're incompetent or they were up to no good. Considering the simplicity of the call, and the fact that I like to give even the stupidest ****tards the benefit of the doubt, I truly believe they intentionally disregarded what they saw in order to give Oregon the OPPORTUNITY to win the game. Without that call, the game is over. End of story.

birddog
9/17/2006, 04:34 PM

what do you want? you won the game, move on. i liked the ducks until yesterday. it's people like you that take that away. leave. no one cares what you have to say.

Dio
9/17/2006, 04:35 PM
This fiasco is a lot of things; human error is not one of them.

Howzit
Here's the Deal Duckwriter, we went through this already last year with the TexasTech hose job.

Then we went through it with the onsides kick non-call.

Then we went through it with the onsides kick being given to uo when it was recovered by OU.

Then we went through it with the pass interference tip non-call.

I am highly skeptical that Duck fans would not be upset under the same circumstances.

Octavian

I read that this morning leaving the Portland airport and I have to say I really take issue w/ the Mr. Magoo analogy.

Magoo couldn't help what he couldn't see.

The Pac10 replay officials knew exactly what they were looking at.

Jewstin
9/17/2006, 04:38 PM
Magoo couldn't help what he couldn't see.

Priceless. :) Love it.

Octavian
9/17/2006, 04:38 PM

Why are you here? You're trying to validate a win to yourself that wouldn't have happened if the game would've been called correctly...

I don't care if we gave 1500 yards, if that call isn't blown, reviewed, and blown again....we kneel the ball and win the game.

The 1972 Soviet basketball team "won" a gold medal...doesn't mean they earned it.

OUHOMER
9/17/2006, 04:42 PM

he does not have to have the ball. all he has to do is touch it.

All_Day_28

damn, you guys had 500 yards of offense and still couldn't win the game? Oregon sucks worse than I thought. Thanks for putting that into perspective for me.

usmc-sooner
The 1972 Soviet basketball team "won" a gold medal...doesn't mean they earned it.

best damn analagy I've seen so far.

tigepilot
9/17/2006, 04:47 PM
You can talk about OU giving up 500 yards of offense or whatever else you want. The point is this:

It is very clear for everyone outside of Oregon to see that in a fairly administered game, OU played well enough to win and UO did not.

OUHOMER
9/17/2006, 04:48 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Duckwriter again.

I guess i will have Neg somebody else..

Why does he still have green. You won go away

OUHOMER
9/17/2006, 04:50 PM
never mind :D

Spike
9/17/2006, 05:47 PM
Dude, if it makes you feel better to rationalize the fact that you guys are cowardly cheaters with no hair on your a$$e$ then by all means rationalize away. There will be a next time and the Sooners don't forget. **** you and die.

Sooner Schemer
9/17/2006, 05:55 PM
If an Oregon player touched the ball before it went 10 yards, that would be an illegal procedure, no?NO. It's Illegal Touching, and OU has the option to take the ball at the spot of the infraction.

Ike
9/17/2006, 05:57 PM
The Pac10 replay officials knew exactly what they were looking at.

yep...it was the Michigan-Domer game

rhombic21
9/17/2006, 06:00 PM
Have a good season.

By "good season" I mean to say that I hope you guys are 1 minute away from beating USC, Cal, UCLA, or Arizona State, and then the refs make a series of ridiculous calls that results in you losing the game.

FaninAma
9/17/2006, 06:06 PM

Please subtract the last 50 or so yards from the last drive and remember you had about 200 yards after one quarter.

Go enjoy your tainted win. You're not convincing anyone here it is legitimate and I don't understand why you're over here. You might plead your case to the rest f the college football world but as more and more evidence is coming out I think convincing anyone outside of Eugene that you earned a legitimate victory is futile.

Enjoy it. I suspect we haven't heard the last of this and if nothing else I think it makes it even harder for a second tier programs like Oregon in the PAC10 to get any elite program in another BCS conference to schedule a home and home with you bastages.

huskyfan
9/17/2006, 06:07 PM
As a Husky fan and a visitor to Oklahoma last week I would have to say you guys got robbed. I feel the misery and disgust we felt up here after the Super Bowl. I think the onside kick was debatable but the PI call was a bad call. how could you not see the ball move up at the line of scrimmage.

I was a the Husky game watching the end of your game. We were also the ones that were quoted in your paper saying that you would be our second favorite team yesterday. We hate Oregon. They are arrogant and treat visitors like garbage. I hope all your fans got out of town without being spit on of having beer spilled on you.

Good luck for the rest of the season and we will see if we can get Oregon back for you.

Go Dawgs