PDA

View Full Version : If we go undefeated the rest of the year..

jccouger
9/17/2006, 02:17 PM
Who else is gonna go Bama and claim a national championship?

I am.

mightysooner
9/17/2006, 02:20 PM
I don't see any chance of us going undefeated the rest of the year.

All_Day_28
9/17/2006, 02:26 PM
why not? we should be undefeated right now

Sooner_Havok
9/17/2006, 02:29 PM
Why, IF we win out, and we get left out of the NC game because of our one loss, wouldn't that be grounds to sue the NCAA or the PAC-10. Their incompetence and or corruption would have cost us a large sum of money.

TrophyCollector
9/17/2006, 02:32 PM

Because our defense is ranked 97th in D-1.

soonerx7
9/17/2006, 02:34 PM
You're right OUr D is RANK.

mightysooner
9/17/2006, 02:34 PM
why not? we should be undefeated right now

You've seen our defense right?

KingDavid
9/17/2006, 02:37 PM
it's a fair if, even if its iffy. but right now, we should only be talking about F's. F's in the arse, that is.

StoopTroup
9/17/2006, 02:38 PM
Come on now folks...

If the guys on our teams took your attitude, Bob would have to forfeit the rest of the season.

This is a darn good team and considering what they have overcome to play that tough on the road against a decent ranked team who was tired of losing to us...

I give em props and a lOUd...

Boomer Sooner ! ! !

Stoop Dawg
9/17/2006, 02:52 PM

Texas will be a challenge. Who else is gonna beat us?

StoopTroup
9/17/2006, 02:55 PM
I got nuthin'...

SPEK

mightysooner
9/17/2006, 02:57 PM

Missouri (on the road)
Texas A&M (on the road)
*gulp* Okie State (on the road)
Texas Tech (at home but with our secondary?)

All possibilities. Not saying it will happen, but it could!

We can't stop the run OR the pass from what I've seen thus far. How are we going to stop anybody?

Ike
9/17/2006, 02:57 PM
don't worry. The only way we run the table from here on out is if we can sneak Dan Cody, Rocky Calmus, Derrick Strait, Dusty Dvoracek, Tommie Harris, Brandon Everage, Andre Woolfolk, Torrance Marshall, and a few others back into Sooner uniforms.

GreenSooner
9/17/2006, 02:59 PM
Honestly, who knows what will happen for the rest of the season?

I agree that, on paper, Texas is the only real challenge. But our defense will have to take it up a notch or some of the other games could get distressingly close. And you never want to entirely count out aTm in their own house, no matter how much they suck in any given year.

But it's also not clear that there will be two unbeaten D-1 teams at the end of the season. A lot can happen between now and then. Let's go about our business and make the case for OU's consideration on the field of play (assuming that the officials let us do so!).

oumartin
9/17/2006, 03:01 PM
our secondary is not the problem. we got no rush on the dude and he had all day to throw

Stoop Dawg
9/17/2006, 03:05 PM
Missouri (on the road)
Texas A&M (on the road)
*gulp* Okie State (on the road)
Texas Tech (at home but with our secondary?)

All possibilities. Not saying it will happen, but it could!

Actually, you said "no chance of going undefeated". So, we *have* to lose to at least one of those. Which one?

Let's face it, we've got a very good chance of winning all of them except Texas. And we've got a fair chance in that one.

Yes, our D has been spotty. But it's only game 3 and everyone's jumping off the bandwagon.

mightysooner
9/17/2006, 03:11 PM
Actually, you said "no chance of going undefeated". So, we *have* to lose to at least one of those. Which one?

Let's face it, we've got a very good chance of winning all of them except Texas. And we've got a fair chance in that one.

Yes, our D has been spotty. But it's only game 3 and everyone's jumping off the bandwagon.

Well if I have to pick one, I'd actualy pick two. Texas is an easy pick. Their defense is really good and I've seen nothing that would lead me to believe that Mccoy couldn't throw all over our defense. I'd also pick A&M because every time we go down there our defense doesn't show up. They haven't shown up this year period. How are they gonna do in College Station? Not trying to be Mr. Doom and Gloom here, I'm just objectively evaluating based on what I've seen so far. Our defense isn't getting better. They just aren't. I think they have all the talent in the world to be what they were billed to be but I just can't wrap my head around the breakdowns they seem to have game in/game out. Under Venables, our defensive MO has been to either let the player make the catch and focus on tackling, or let them get behind you all alone for the easy TD. Venable's defenses play scared of being burned. That's their attitude and I think he's a deer in the headlights right now and that's what is showing up on the field. I just have to be honest with what I see.

freshchris05
9/17/2006, 03:14 PM

not me im still ridin shotgun... but i know what u mean.. but remember conference play hasnt start yet.. we've gotten beat all over the field but sucked it up when it counted we should be 3-0 but we all read that book... i know we can do alot better than alot of peoples expectations