PDA

View Full Version : Dear Allen Patrick and Coach Stoops

Grimey
9/17/2006, 01:19 PM
Allen-

The next time you are in the same position with the football in your hands and the refs are insistent that the other team has possession, you act like they just broke in your house, took all your stuff, and nailed your girlfriend. GO BALLISTIC! Put the ball right in their face, and make them tell you that the other team has it. If that doesnt do it, then punt it into the stands. Make them acknowledge that you have the damn ball.

Coach Stoops-

If what Allen does still does not work, you walk out onto the field, interrupting play, and shove the football up their ***! Make them know that they completely f*cked up. Mike would’ve.

oufan1
9/17/2006, 01:23 PM
The whole team should have just left the field after being robbed on the replay. We still would have lost but then the media would have to explain why we left.

freshchris05
9/17/2006, 01:23 PM
bob teaches his players to take the high route which sucks at times but is damn respectable.. oregon moved up on my hate list.. they are now with the likes of whorns, the irish, and the SUC condoms...

im proud to be a sooner and i know u all are too so let me hear it...

BOOMER!!!

soonersweetie
9/17/2006, 01:27 PM
Sooner!! Proud to be a Sooner!!!

a little sad today, but still love my Sooners

CtheB
9/17/2006, 01:28 PM
In hindsight, probably so. But I felt like our players were doing all they could to notify the preferee that AP had the ball. Couldn't risk a 15 yard penalty in that situation.

KingDavid
9/17/2006, 01:28 PM
Allen-

The next time you are in the same position with the football in your hands and the refs are insistent that the other team has possession, you act like they just broke in your house, took all your stuff, and nailed your girlfriend. GO BALLISTIC! Put the ball right in their face, and make them tell you that the other team has it. If that doesnt do it, then punt it into the stands. Make them acknowledge that you have the damn ball.

Coach Stoops-

If what Allen does still does not work, you walk out onto the field, interrupting play, and shove the football up their ***! Make them know that they completely f*cked up. Mike would’ve.

It is true - one of the first things I was taught as a defender is that when the ball is on the ground and there's a pile, you start pointing your first down sign like crazy, jumping up and down like a mad man, etc. If you look at the film, we're standing around like we lost the football.

I wish I could say otherwise, but part of that is coaching. And part of it is youth in a hostile stadium.

But it wouldn't have mattered because the officials were paid off by Phil Knight.;)

leavingthezoo
9/17/2006, 01:30 PM
Allen-

better yet, take off running towards the endzone... because i'm pretty sure someone will notice that. eventually.

SoonerMajic
9/17/2006, 02:19 PM
Under the circumstances, I doubt it would have mattered much, but Patrick should have ran with the ball directly toward the official with his face to the camera who was blowing the play dead.

The fact that he initially ran away from the action may have contributed to the confusion as to where the ball was, and created the perception in the officials' minds that the ball was some how stripped from Oregon after the play was over.

It's kind of like making a shoe string catch in baseball; the first thing you do is show the ump the ball to sell the legitimacy of the catch.

Of couse, all of the various problems should have been corrected by the re-play.

Grimey
9/18/2006, 10:11 AM
Ironic that Coach had gotten on him last year about his showboating. We sure could have used some of it Saturday...