PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson

ADs_Agent
9/17/2006, 01:17 PM
Serious question here all,

with the work-load that Adrian Peterson is carrying this year (and doing a mighty fine job of it as well) what will the Sooners offense do next year with a new QB and Allen Patrick running the helm?

Newbomb Turk
9/17/2006, 01:19 PM
I don't like to think about that.

SoonerGM
9/17/2006, 01:20 PM
i am concerned about the QB... very concerned. hopefully we will be able to get a top recruit since there will be little to no competition here.

RB i am not so concerned of. obviously AD will never be replaced, but that doesnt mean we cant find another playmakers. the RB stables are loaded pretty good. on top of that, the oline will be much more experienced by then.

Ike
I imagine they'll go out and play football.

:D

Fraggle145
we will lose.

here comes my negging of the day...

Scotty
9/17/2006, 01:24 PM
No disrespect to Patrick, but I would be surprised if DeMarco Murray isn't the starter next year..this is just based on the potential I have heard about him, though.

ADs_Agent
9/17/2006, 01:27 PM
agreed, Murray is somethign special and would be a decent replacement for Peterson. What about the PC kid as next years QB? He's a good player, could he be the next OU QB? It won't be Halzle and I think either Murray or Patrick will be a solid replacement, and aid in making the offense more balanced.

you can never replace a back like Peterson, he's 1 in a 100000000000000000, but you can build on your strengths and even the offense out. Kelly and Iglesias and Fred Strong all will be ultra-valuable next year, as well as J Gresham (who btw has not been used at all). All in all I think if the defense can show up and tackle, the offense will take care of itself.

KingDavid
9/17/2006, 01:53 PM
agreed, Murray is somethign special and would be a decent replacement for Peterson. What about the PC kid as next years QB? He's a good player, could he be the next OU QB? It won't be Halzle and I think either Murray or Patrick will be a solid replacement, and aid in making the offense more balanced.

you can never replace a back like Peterson, he's 1 in a 100000000000000000, but you can build on your strengths and even the offense out. Kelly and Iglesias and Fred Strong all will be ultra-valuable next year, as well as J Gresham (who btw has not been used at all). All in all I think if the defense can show up and tackle, the offense will take care of itself.

the experience on the line next year will soften the blow of the other losses. everyone underestimates the impact that a great line can have.

remember that Q got over 1800 running behind a solid line. he was a great back, but no better than what we'll see in Patrick, Gute, and Murray next year.

whoever is our QB is going to be walking into a great situation, imo.

ADs_Agent
9/17/2006, 01:57 PM
agreed, great receiving core, and Demarco Murray/Allen Patrick

OUHOMER
9/17/2006, 02:07 PM
But if you dont have a D , it wont matter who you have on O next year

okcusooner
9/17/2006, 02:38 PM
agreed, great receiving core, and Demarco Murray/Allen Patrick

Murray looks pretty special, no doubt. The only question i have is about his durability. At only 189lbs., he's going to have difficulty running 20-30 times a game. That doesn't mean he can't return punts, catch passes and such, but a bruiser he won't be. The other frosh backs look pretty good, too.

Between Patrick, Madu, Murray, and Brown we should be able to field a really good tailback.

StoopTroup
9/17/2006, 02:44 PM
There are a good number of young guys getting enough reps that I feel better about next year than this year.

Jewstin
9/17/2006, 03:09 PM
If we lose another game this season, I wouldn't be surprised to see AD come back. Losing another game will take him out of the Heisman race (if it hasn't already), and that, coupled with a national championship, are two of his biggest goals in life. Well, at least in college.

Maybe this is just wishful thinking. :\

OUHOMER
9/17/2006, 03:11 PM
If we lose another game this season, I wouldn't be surprised to see AD come back. Losing another game will take him out of the Heisman race (if it hasn't already), and that, coupled with a national championship, are two of his biggest goals in life. Well, at least in college.

Maybe this is just wishful thinking. :\

AD will NOT be BACK

KingDavid
9/17/2006, 03:22 PM
If we lose another game this season, I wouldn't be surprised to see AD come back. Maybe this is just wishful thinking. :\

You really shouldn't smoke weed while eating shrooms, dude. It can be really dangerous to combine hallucinogens like that!;) ;) :D

But having said that, I can see why you would!!!

ADs_Agent
9/17/2006, 04:28 PM
AD won't be back, as good as a Heisman looks on the mantle, 100 Million in the bank account looks better

TXBOOMER
9/17/2006, 04:37 PM
AD won't be back, as good as a Heisman looks on the mantle, 100 Million in the bank account looks better

**** an A right on that partner! He is gone! Johnny U could QB this team next year and if the Defense doesn't improve 10 fold it just won"t matter!

Harry Beanbag
9/17/2006, 07:15 PM
There are a good number of young guys getting enough reps that I feel better about next year than this year.

:confused: I hope this is sarcasm.