PDA

View Full Version : Maybe they don't want us there

CrimsonChampion
9/17/2006, 12:18 PM
Maybe the NCAA isn't ready for the Sooners to catch, and eventually pass the Irish as our nation's top college team.

I just think we're gonna have to learn not to depend on refs to make big calls at big times. It's up to us to build an early lead and OWN in the 2nd half. It's unfortunate that we have to DOMINATE or risk getting screwed in the end, oh well, we're Oklahoma so I guess that's just how things go.

SoonerGM
9/17/2006, 12:50 PM
someone deffinatly does not want us there. i dont know why, i dont understand, but there is a clear and present bias against the oklahoma football program.

we can do nothing right in the eyes of the media. when we do well and score big, we are accused of running up scores. buy wait, look at pete carol and his team of street thugs.. they go for it on almost every 4th down, it doesnt matter what team or how big of a lead they have. nothing is said but how great of a coach ol' pete is and they are making a strong statement.

when we win by a small to average margin of points, they say we are not a good football team. we barely survive, we have lots to answer to, we arent what they thought we would be, we drop in the polls like a rock! other major teams barely squeek by a doormat and they survive a big scare, but they also showed great "character" to come back from a "hard fought battle".

we take care of NCAA violations ourselves and prey that we still do not get slapped with sanctions. other teams are littered with scandals, and really the only people that talk about it is us on this board.

questions to stoops at halftime go something like this "why do you feel that your team performed so poorly in the first half?" for other coaches its more like this "what do you think can be improved in the 2nd half?".. do you see how one is an attack?

and need i say it? we get screwed over by the officials more than any other team in the NCAA?! can anyone possibly argue with this? does anyone have more evidence of it than we do?

i hate to promote the whole conspiracy theory idea, but when you add it all up, that is the only possible answer. i am not upset that we never seem to get a break, i am upset because we always get the shaft. there is a difference. in my opinion, someone or some group, somewhere, simply does not want to see oklahoma have dominating success.

Statalyzer
9/17/2006, 01:22 PM
You're right about Southern Cal. OU got ripped for 77-0 and Texas got ripped for 70-3, when we got those totals in the THIRD QUARTER and had our walkons playing the rest of the game. But SoCal gets a pass for going for it on 4th down and throwing 30-40 yard bombs with just a few minutes left in the game.

I just think we're gonna have to learn not to depend on refs to make big calls at big times

Like fumble calls against UAB?

CrimsonChampion
9/17/2006, 04:35 PM
You're right about Southern Cal. OU got ripped for 77-0 and Texas got ripped for 70-3, when we got those totals in the THIRD QUARTER and had our walkons playing the rest of the game. But SoCal gets a pass for going for it on 4th down and throwing 30-40 yard bombs with just a few minutes left in the game.

Like fumble calls against UAB?Anything reviewable in the final deciding moments of a ballgame, as seen against titty-tech and the Ducks.