PDA

View Full Version : After this - How do you stay a Fan of College Football..??

Blues1
9/17/2006, 11:32 AM
When we Won 47 straight Games - There was NO ESPN - NO talking heads of College Football - No game day on Campus - No Replays - No Video - No Nike Uniforms - NO ABC Regional Coverage - No internet - NO Football Message Boards - NO BCS - NO SoS - and NO or very little BullSh!%.......!!!

For the most part it was - Just Hard working men trying to teach young men sportsmanship and values....Team Spirit and playing with Honor.

I'm not saying everything was perfect in the "good old days" or that nobody ever didn't break the rules, but for the most part it was at least a game where in the end - when the clock said 0:00 you knew who was the BETTER Team.....or maybe you might have a tie...

Right Now from what I saw I Believe OU was the Better team yesterday, and they won the game -- but the sad thing is someone besides the players on the field decided the out come of this game.....

I find it very sad day for all College Sports.....especially College Football...!

Not Rockin' on Sunday....

boomrsoonr
9/17/2006, 11:35 AM
You stay a fan of college football because of....

1) You're a Sooner
2) Your team is the Sooners
3) There's the rest of the season to look forward to
4) You can now watch more closely and try to pick out the ref's mistakes.

GrapevineSooner
9/17/2006, 11:39 AM
I'm sure there were blown calls in the 50's, too. ;)

Blues1
9/17/2006, 11:49 AM
I'm sure there were blown calls in the 50's, too. ;)

Yep - lots of Blown calls in the 50's -- I just don't remember a game with that many in the last 2 minutes - As my Daddy use to say "There's a skunk in the wood pile " -- This was more than just Blown calls ---- Somebody made sure a lot $$$$$$ were made yesterday .....JMHO....!

Stitch Face
9/17/2006, 12:20 PM
I know what you mean. You can say that we should have played better so situations like this don't happen, but what happens when the teams are evenly matched? When the outcome is truly "up for grabs?" It's nice to think that fair will be fair when your team outplays the other and claws they're way back to the lead. Not long ago we had a lot of trouble coming back from a deficit. It's great that we now have players who aren't giving up despite spotty play early on. It's awesome that some will keep going "all day" to wear down the opposition and help us secure a win. But It's hard to watch when you don't know if close games from now on will be decided instead by some act of random ineptitude, or worse, willfull misinterpretation to make the game more exciting or help out the home team when they're down.