PDA

View Full Version : Pac-10 commissioner Tom Hansen

Rocker
9/17/2006, 09:09 AM
said Saturday night that both the onside kick and pass interference call will be reviewed by the league.

the link

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/gamecenter/recap/NCAAF_20060916_OK@OR

Eddie Money
9/17/2006, 09:19 AM
...I know absolutely nothing will come of this, but I am shocked that they are even mentioning it. I guess our hatemail worked! (kinda)

tulsaoilerfan
9/17/2006, 09:20 AM
And i'm sure nothing will come of it; Phil Knight will pony up several million dollars to the Pac 10 and not a damn thing will be done about it; the scary thing is could this same thing happen at Boone State University?

Rocker
9/17/2006, 09:21 AM
I would agree.

Rogue
9/17/2006, 09:26 AM
This guy was pretty confident, considering the position his team was in...
I noticed some people leaving," Bellotti said. "I saw 10-15 fans walking out and I thought, `They're going to be really made when we come back and win

And while they're at it, I hope they take a look at the clock stoppage. Suddenly, with <3 minutes to go, they switched back to 2005 clock rules b/c they weren't working out for the Dux.

Texas Golfer
9/17/2006, 09:29 AM
This guy was pretty confident, considering the position his team was in...

And while they're at it, I hope they take a look at the clock stoppage. Suddenly, with <3 minutes to go, they switched back to 2005 clock rules b/c they weren't working out for the Dux.

I noticed that, too. When the Ducks would run out of bounds, the clock-keeper stopped the clock and didn't start it again until the ball was snapped rather than when it was in place ready to go.

Rogue
9/17/2006, 09:31 AM
What I thought I saw was the clock not starting until the snap after 1st downs.

OKC-SLC
9/17/2006, 09:59 AM
So the Pac-10 is going to review the information. Whoopty freakin' doo.

The absolute most I can imagine they would do--"We would like to formally apologize to OU for the calls which were apparently wrong. However, we stand behind our idiot officials, who did the best they could given the circumstances."

OKC-SLC
9/17/2006, 10:00 AM
They're not going to overrule after the fact, they're not going to award us the win that we earned, and they're not going to make the game null.

OKC-SLC
9/17/2006, 10:02 AM
And one more thing--why do I recall that the visiting team's conference is to supply the officials for these interconference matchups?

Texas Golfer
9/17/2006, 10:07 AM
It's determined by the contract between the two schools. Apparently, Joe C. agreed to allowing Pac-10 officials.

I hope he's not that stupid in the future, particularly with the Pac-10 who now have shown their aptness for biases.

stoopified
9/17/2006, 10:18 AM
Being handicapped I am all for hiring the handicapped but the visually impaired(blind) should not be hired as replay officials.

tulsaoilerfan
9/17/2006, 11:01 AM
I noticed that, too. When the Ducks would run out of bounds, the clock-keeper stopped the clock and didn't start it again until the ball was snapped rather than when it was in place ready to go.
I think going out of bounds still stops the clock to where it doesn't start until the ball is snapped, not when it's reset; however, the thing i don't understand is when Reggie Smith was knocked out of bounds on the kick return, the clock started then when the ball was snapped; i'm so confused on this one:confused:

Harry Beanbag
9/17/2006, 11:04 AM
I think going out of bounds still stops the clock to where it doesn't start until the ball is snapped, not when it's reset; however, the thing i don't understand is when Reggie Smith was knocked out of bounds on the kick return, the clock started then when the ball was snapped; i'm so confused on this one:confused:

No, actually the clock was running before our offense even got to the ball. We were totally ****ed. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

SOONER44EVER
9/17/2006, 11:06 AM
Being handicapped I am all for hiring the handicapped but the visually impaired(blind) should not be hired as replay officials.
Spek!

sooner4life
9/17/2006, 11:13 AM
I am tired of hearing about OU saying the ball was touched before 10 yards, but Oregon recovered. OU recovered the kick not the Ducks, bottom line. Show me a replay where any Duck had control of the ball and was down.

leavingthezoo
9/17/2006, 11:15 AM
Show me a replay where any Duck had control of the ball and was down.

well, that's impossible silly.

sooneron
9/17/2006, 11:17 AM
well, that's impossible silly.
heh!

Nothing will come of this.

Newbomb Turk
9/17/2006, 11:29 AM
No, actually the clock was running before our offense even got to the ball. We were totally ****ed. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I think the new rule is after a change of possession, the clock starts when the ball is ready for play.

MichelleDawn
9/17/2006, 11:30 AM
It's irrelevant to the outcome of the game whatever their decision or outcome. Although, a formal national apology, a reprimand and or dismissal of the booth officials, and in general, a black eye would help with my deep, empty, cannot believe this really happened frustration.

But the best we can expect is something like this, We were not able to find conclusive evidence to cause the reversal of the on-field call. We strive to field the best possible officials for a demanding and difficult job...

....ya ya ya, :pop:

Stitch Face
9/17/2006, 11:35 AM
Agreed. Just like with TT, the official findings will be: "Upon long and arduous review, it has been determined that we did everything right; your team sucks and deserved to lose. Complain some more and we'll fine you. Have a nice day!"