PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Getting over it" thread.

TUSooner
9/17/2006, 08:30 AM
Given: We got royally screwed. The Call was what it was, but, unfortunately, so was our defense.

As wise "jerk" once said, "Life ain't fair." Face it, even Average Fan in the USA can acknowledge that we got hosed, but AF in the USA also thinks we should get over it, and eventually we must.
There's nothing anybody can do about the injustice of the game. The score won't change. Boobish and dishonest refs will steal another game from someone else, probably even before our sting wears away. But somebody (us) can do something about how we deal with it, and somebody else (the coaches & players, I hope) can start fixing our own team's problems.

To start my personal recovery, I'm going to cut the grass and drink a bunch of beer. Then I'm going to look for cars with Oregon license plates and vandalize them. (Noooooooo, I'm not.) :rolleyes:

OUHOMER
9/17/2006, 08:35 AM
I agree, We got hosed, The D should have done a better job. Dont let the ref's decide the game for us.

DrZaius
9/17/2006, 08:37 AM
I agree completely....

I have been absolutley affronted, annoyed, antagonized, bitter, chafed, choleric, convulsed, cross, displeased, enraged, exacerbated, exasperated, ferocious, fierce, fiery, fuming, furious, galled, hateful, heated, hot, huffy, ill-tempered, impassioned, incensed, indignant, inflamed, infuriated, irascible, irate, ireful, irritable, irritated, maddened, nettled, offended, outraged, passionate, piqued, provoked, raging, resentful, riled, sore, splenetic, storming, sulky, sullen, tumultuous, turbulent, uptight, vexed, wrathful,

with everyone on this board, with myself, with refs, with Oregon in general, with the PAC10 with life...........................

I would like to offer a complete apology to ALL THE SOONERS, ALL THE POSTERS ON THIS BOARD for my actions and posts for the last day.

The SOONER NATION is the BEST, The SOONERS ARE THE BEST, and OKLAHOMA IS THE BEST.

Man I feel better............................................ ........................Well Sorta

Flagstaffsooner
9/17/2006, 08:39 AM
Time to nut up and kick some whorn a$$.

Texas Golfer
9/17/2006, 08:42 AM
Regardless of the ineptness of our defense, this game was ours and it was stolen.

Our last two losses have come at the hands of biased officials and that is inexcusable! In Lubbock, the call that beat us came from a Lubbock business owner and it was cofirmed in the booth by a Lubbock businessman. THAT should never be allowed to happen!

Yesterday in Pac-10 Land, the call that beats us is made by a Pac-10 official and confirmed in the booth by another Pac-10 official.

The NCAA needs to insure "good" people are not in a position to be compromised.

I'm sorry but I'm not yet ready to "move on".

Blues1
9/17/2006, 08:50 AM
Regardless of the ineptness of our defense, this game was ours and it was stolen.

Our last two losses have come at the hands of biased officials and that is inexcusable! In Lubbock, the call that beat us came from a Lubbock business owner and it was cofirmed in the booth by a Lubbock businessman. THAT should never be allowed to happen!

Yesterday in Pac-10 Land, the call that beats us is made by a Pac-10 official and confirmed in the booth by another Pac-10 official.

The NCAA needs to insure "good" people are not in a position to be compromised.

I'm sorry but I'm not yet ready to "move on".

AMEN --- MOVE ON - BULLSH!% -- IF WE as FANS Lie DOWN and take this just expect a lot more of the same - Oregon couldn't beat us FAIR & SQUARE so they went to the CHEAT MODE.....

cherokeebrewer
9/17/2006, 08:57 AM
I've been a Sooner much longer than most of you. It's in my blood and I never get over these kind of games (not completely). It's been happening much too long and far too often. I have the right to be sick of it for as long as it takes.

crawfish
9/17/2006, 09:02 AM
:les: I'LL MOVE ON WHEN I'M READY FOR IT, BUSTER!!!

Flagstaffsooner
9/17/2006, 09:04 AM
:les: I'LL MOVE ON WHEN I'M READY FOR IT, BUSTER!!!spek:D

usmc-sooner
9/17/2006, 09:05 AM
I don't get over it until Monday

and then I go over to the SO and bitch about the libz. :D

Eddie Money
9/17/2006, 09:07 AM
I was going to make an ironic comment about how I was not yet ready to get over it and still replying to the "Get over it thread", but looks like that would be beating a dead horse.

It sucks a**, and we got screwed, but I am in the "Our D never should let it get to that point" camp.

What really pi**es me off is that after all of the scrutiny ENA took before the season started, he is the one pulling his weight and then some. We should all be talking about how great he is progressing and what a storybook season this is shaping up to be for a dedicated Sooner, but our D's inability to tackle or cover is overshadowing that.

Soonerus
9/17/2006, 09:08 AM
I am pretty laid-back but I am not over this travesty yet...

Texas Golfer
9/17/2006, 09:41 AM
ESPN said, with Notre Dame's loss, Quinn lost his chance for the Heisman and with OU's loss, so did Peterson.

I'd really hate to think that AD gets over 200 yards and loses his Heisman chance because of bad officiating.

I refuse to believe that his chances are over. One travesty happened yesterday, I sure hate to see another one occur because of the officiating morons.

stoopified
9/17/2006, 09:49 AM
I HATE LOSING.

oumartin
9/17/2006, 10:00 AM
Who in the hell has had a better start than peterson? there is no way he is out of the heisman race. I will tel you that troy smith is probably the front runner now but AD is far from out of it..

Texas Golfer
9/17/2006, 10:02 AM
Who in the hell has had a better start than peterson? there is no way he is out of the heisman race. I will tel you that troy smith is probably the front runner now but AD is far from out of it..

ESPN is touting Smith and Ginn from Ohio St., Leaks from Florida and Stanton from West Virginia.

Bourbon St Sooner
9/17/2006, 10:03 AM
I don't care about the refs. How many times did we get inside the 10 and score only 3? I think I counted 4. This game should have been a blow out.

And why don't we just let Reggie have his side of the field and put 5 guys on the other side? Is John Blake teaching this D to tackle?

Now I'm over it.

jdsooner
9/17/2006, 10:07 AM
As I said, the refs, the NCAA, and Oregon fans, coaches and players can all go to Hell. We need to take the hurt of this loss and play angry the rest of the year. I hope we don't get over it.

oumartin
9/17/2006, 10:07 AM
how many db's were on the field the last two Oregon posssessions? looked like none but seriously.

OKC-SLC
9/17/2006, 10:14 AM
I still like AD's chances. The boy is on pace for over 2000 yards, and the WV kid is going to come back to earth.

However, with all the talk about 'questionable' calls, monumental victories for Oregon, etc., what's been lost is how AD absolutely brought pain in the second half of that game.

He'll get a monster game next week against MTSU patsies, then OU will have a week off to prepare for TX. If AD has a monster game against UT, he will be considered a frontrunner by the voters in the lower midwest and likely mountain- and far-west.

oumartin
9/17/2006, 10:15 AM
he may get 500 yards next week..

Since71ASooner4Life
9/17/2006, 10:24 AM
Part of getting over it is also the acknowledgement that Oregon could make their case about the very questionable offensive pass interference no-call on Kelly's TD, and the Q4 fumble recovery we converted to 3-points. With all that we did poorly in this game, there is no sence to focus on one turnover (albeit critical) that preceeded a winning 50 yard / one minute drive.

OU-HSV
9/21/2006, 09:34 PM
I still like AD's chances. The man freak is on pace for over 2000 yards, and the WV kid is going to come back to earth......
Fixed

Soonerdaddy
9/21/2006, 10:19 PM
I like Stoops take that we all make mistakes, and wish we could fix them and can't, but these guys had the chance to fix it and didn't

Blues1
9/21/2006, 10:21 PM
I like Stoops take that we all make mistakes, and wish we could fix them and can't, but these guys had the chance to fix it and didn't

Amen my Friend - Amen...!!

StoopTroup
9/21/2006, 10:50 PM
Dear Bobby Knight...

Kiss my A$$.