PDA

View Full Version : No mention of bad calls in Oregon paper

BermudaSooner
9/17/2006, 08:04 AM
http://www.registerguard.com/rgn/index.php/rgs/more/no_18_ducks_score_twice_in_final_112_before_blocki ng_field_goal_to_shock_no/

"The Ducks recovered the ensuing onside kick, and Dixon found Jonathan Stewart for a 25-yard gain. After a pass interference penalty on Oklahoma put the ball at the 23, Dixon found Paysinger for the score and Paul Martinez made the extra point to provide the winning margin."

TUSooner
9/17/2006, 08:10 AM
Glad to see you made it through the storm, Bermuda. Hope you're OK

I'm not exactly shocked that the Oregon papers don't see it our way.

jrsooner
9/17/2006, 08:17 AM
Yep, I read that too this morning. Doesn't surprise me though. Why would a sportswriter write the truth up there, when his bread and butter is basically from Oregon fans. :)

westcoast_sooner
9/17/2006, 08:23 AM
I didn't see any mention of even "controversial" calls on the Portland TV station I was watching last night. Not surprised at that. Somewhat surprisingly, ESPN did show the replay of the on-side kick and how the officials blew the call.

Texas Golfer
9/17/2006, 08:27 AM
It isn't just the local Oregon papers not giving us respect but the national media, too.

Although they mention the controversial call, they punctuate that by saying "but it wasn't the officials who gave up over 500 yards and 2 TDs in the last 72 second".

BermudaSooner
9/17/2006, 10:36 AM
Glad to see you made it through the storm, Bermuda. Hope you're OK

I'm not exactly shocked that the Oregon papers don't see it our way.

Thanks TU. Storm wasn't too bad, windy and lost power for a couple of days. Unfortunately we've got another that could be headed our way. This storm stuff is getting old.

Some video shot during the storm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBW3BQe3-SA

dolemitesooner
9/17/2006, 11:33 AM
Yeah I think I am going to go and buy a Portland news papper right now. I ****ing hate this liberal granola cheating ****ing state.

booomer
9/17/2006, 11:43 AM
I'm surprised that the Oregon papers don't mention it....but I really do think that had that happened in Norman in favor of the Sooners that some writer would sac up and tell the truth.

And, the thing most shocking to me about the review was that they stated that there WAS CONCLUSIVE VIDEO EVIDENCE that the receiving team first touched the ball. :eek:

tbl
9/17/2006, 11:44 AM
It isn't just the local Oregon papers not giving us respect but the national media, too.

Although they mention the controversial call, they punctuate that by saying "but it wasn't the officials who gave up over 500 yards and 2 TDs in the last 72 second".

Is that not a true statement??? I mean, I'm just as mad as anybody about the calls, but the latter statement is true as well. Ultimately I'm more upset about the calls b/c our weak D shouldn't have been put in that situation... but they were, and they couldn't stop them from scoring.