PDA

View Full Version : Just got banned from Hornfans!

ouflak
9/17/2006, 07:53 AM
This is actually the first time I've ever been banned from any message board. I figure I'd announce it since it should give me some street cred around these here parts.

OUHOMER
9/17/2006, 10:04 AM
2 questions, 1 comment
1. why were you there
2. Link

GOOD JORB

josh09
9/17/2006, 11:20 AM
ya ive been banned twice lol

afs
9/17/2006, 07:33 PM
This is actually the first time I've ever been banned from any message board. I figure I'd announce it since it should give me some street cred around these here parts.

the street cred will only go as far as the folks who check Smack Central - unfortunetly it's popularity has wained ever since the "Friends" thread was buhleted.

badger
9/17/2006, 10:07 PM
it is a rite of passage to be banned from a rival board.

Snrfn4ever08
9/17/2006, 10:28 PM
I tried hanging around there to get banned for awhile, but got bored after two post or so. Instead, I said some really stupid things here and earned myself some vacation time:(

GDC
9/18/2006, 07:51 AM
I got you beat, I've been banned three times on our own board for ragging on whorns.

ouflak
9/18/2006, 09:06 AM
1. why were you there

I guess you could say I'm a psuedo-regular there (about 700 post over 3+ years).

2. Link

Well my post has actually been deleted from the thread. In fact things are so slow at the moment in that sub-forum that I wonder if several posters haven't been banned. Here's the link (http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=manordowns&Number=4481648&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=) to that thead. Basically, there's some now high-bandwidth spammy ad that's showing up in this sub-forum. The original poster asks what it is. I'll quote here though:

Subject: Stat Shark
__________________________________________________ _______________
What is that?

I then made an admittedly snide reply:

Some other ad that sucks up bandwidth. ...deleted sentence that likely got me banned, because I suppose it could get me into trouble here as well... I would have thought that forum sponsors would be immune to having to deal with that garbage. Don't you guys get the ads turned off?

So I might have accidently, and blithely, implied that there is a method of turning off the ads without having to be a sponsor. Ooops!

AustinTXHorn
9/19/2006, 02:59 AM
That's pretty funny. I restrained myself from bitching about that bigass ad (since I am a sponsor) because I figured it might get me suspended or something.

Sucks that you got banned. You were one of the better OU posters over there.

ouflak
9/19/2006, 05:59 AM
Well hopefully it's not a permanent thing!

daysgoneby
9/19/2006, 09:51 AM
Today you are a man...Just hope that the ignorance of the shorthorns didn't rub off on ya.

Rogue
10/8/2006, 07:04 PM
I've escaped with a few warnings. About 250 posts in 8 years.