PDA

View Full Version : THE BIG 12 IS AT AN ALL-TIME LOW

footballfanatic
9/17/2006, 12:10 AM
What a terrible performance. Even including the injustice in Eugene (and even the ESPN announcers are saying it was a travesty) the conference was hoorible. Colorado, Nebraska, OU, Tech, Kansas (Holy Toledo!), Iowa State, A&TM needed a bad choice by the Army coaching staff, and UT got smoked the previous week.

Is this our worst year ever? Quite possibly.

King Crimson
9/17/2006, 12:23 AM
i count 4 of those teams who were underdogs to ranked teams in their games. i'm not saying you are wrong, but i'm not going to take the mark may party line about the conference, either.

Statalyzer
9/17/2006, 01:06 AM
About 90% of the media was talking like USC would win by 30-40 points, so Nebraska losing 10-28 to a top 5 team on the road isn't that big of a problem. Tech scoring 3 is a problem. A&M barely beating a bottom 25 team is a problem. Colorado losing to Montanta State 2 weeks ago is still a problem.

bri
9/17/2006, 01:10 AM
Weren't we at an all time low last year? Or the year before?

I just don't get the hubub over conference pride. "The geographically convergent confederation of colleges in my area are far superior to the geographically convergent confederation of colleges in YOUR area! Ha!" just doesn't really do anything for me. ;)

Statalyzer
9/17/2006, 01:13 AM
Last year we had the best bowl record. Last year, Tech would have beaten TCU. Last year, Texas beat OSU on the road. Last year, ISU destroyed Iowa. We are worse this year.

bri
9/17/2006, 01:27 AM
I can appreciate the drop-off in the overall ability of our conference to compete in a great way against conferences that aren't ours. But I'm just saying that the other 11 teams can be as horrible as they want to be, as long as the one that I actually care about is good. :D

Egeo
9/17/2006, 01:34 AM
at least the acc and nd suck too