PDA

View Full Version : It is actually sickening now to see the clear television replays...

Soonerus
9/16/2006, 11:14 PM
...of Patrick recovering the damn ball...what a house of Pac-10 official buffoons reviewing these plays....

sooneron
9/16/2006, 11:15 PM
Give me a break! They are now busting on the OU D. Bull****!

RacerX
9/16/2006, 11:15 PM
and Oregon was offsides on the kick.

Soonerus
9/16/2006, 11:18 PM
Maybe Patrick should have started jumping around like he was on hot coals....

noobalicious
9/16/2006, 11:21 PM
and Oregon was offsides on the kick.

Making this reason #4 the Sooners got screwed more than any other team in recent memory on one play.

Blue
9/16/2006, 11:21 PM
We just got hosed by Gameday. Mark May had a smirk the whole time. He's due for a car-bomb.

We're supposed to listen to these knob-jobs?

RacerX
9/16/2006, 11:23 PM
Making this reason #4 the Sooners got screwed more than any other team in recent memory on one play.

I think it's the 3rd duck from the top of the screen. I'll look for stills tomorrow.

Soonerus
9/16/2006, 11:26 PM
Who cares about offsides, who cares about the Ducks clearly touching the ball at at least nine yards from the kickoff, ALLEN PATRICK recovered the ball CLEARLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noobalicious
9/16/2006, 11:27 PM
We just got hosed by Gameday. Mark May had a smirk the whole time. He's due for a car-bomb.

We're supposed to listen to these knob-jobs?

Mark May is a tool...he's probably just happy because he picked Oregon before the game.

Jewstin
9/16/2006, 11:57 PM
Mark May spent the majority of his time giving AD a reacharound during the '04 season. When we blew it in the Orange Bowl, I think he lost some credibility for hanging on our nuts.

Kind of like Trev Alberts.

Ah, well.

Stoop Dawg
9/17/2006, 12:09 AM
Maybe Patrick should have started jumping around like he was on hot coals....

Not bagging on Patrick, but a little excitement or immediately delivering the ball to an official might have made a difference. He just kinda jogged off with the ball under his arm like it was no biggie.

TUSooner
9/17/2006, 12:10 AM
May is a pompous dweeb. He gives me the creeps even when he says good stuff about OU.

GrapevineSooner
9/17/2006, 12:24 AM
Not bagging on Patrick, but a little excitement or immediately delivering the ball to an official might have made a difference. He just kinda jogged off with the ball under his arm like it was no biggie.

Well, one of our players tried to point out to one of the refs that he had the ball...and they still gave it to Oregon.

So I don't know that that would have made much of a difference.

Blue
9/17/2006, 12:35 AM
Sometimes I think the guys on Espn have a fantasy college football team. they only pimp the guys they have. But that's not true.

It's recently come to my attention a friend of a friend (a hot chick) got a job up in Bristol. I went to Auburn and so did she. When OU was in the three way battle of undefeated teams in 04', Scott Van Pelt always seemed to be pimping Auburn. Auburn this, Auburn that. I was like, "wow, he must really think AU is good, cause he graduated from Maryland."

Nope. He was banging my friend of a friend AU grad. Well, I wouldn't say banging. She said she always bought lingerie for him but all he wanted to do was play playstation. Scott Van Fagg and the Bristol Unbiased Sports Media.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/17/2006, 12:38 AM
I used to live in Connecticut. Bristol is an effing hole in the road. It doesn't surprise me that people go crazy there.

soonerhubs
9/17/2006, 12:52 AM
Would it be so bad to have a "Waterboy" like goon go full speed at one of the officials after such ugly calls?

Yes it would, but am I the only would that would smile about it?

bri
9/17/2006, 12:56 AM
I've gotta say, the novelty of being the team that always gets to point out that the foolproof instant replay system is ANYTHING but has seriously worn off...

King Crimson
9/17/2006, 01:05 AM
I'm still ****ed. Mark May is a turd slurper.

bri
9/17/2006, 01:07 AM
Every time I see Mark May, I can't help but wonder...why is there never a stingray around when you need one?

Blue
9/17/2006, 01:17 AM
Every time I see Mark May, I can't help but wonder...why is there never a stingray around when you need one?

I always wonder, "Why can't I have a personal moment with this scum of a human and choke him to death, and run him over with my car, and chop him up, and serve him for dinner?"

I mean, he deserves it, right?

bri
9/17/2006, 01:20 AM
I always wonder, "Why can't I have a personal moment with this scum of a human and choke him to death, and run him over with my car, and chop him up, and serve him for dinner?"

[Sam Eliott]*********...it's what's for dinner.[/Sam Eliott]

Blue
9/17/2006, 01:23 AM
[Sam Eliott]*********...it's what's for dinner.[/Sam Eliott]

[McD's Sam Elliot] Have it your way, Dude...[/Mc D's Sam Elliot] :D

Texas Golfer
9/17/2006, 01:26 AM

What Patrick should have done is run into the end zone and sat down with the ball. When the officials separated everyone after declaring it Oregon's ball, I would like to have seen the officials' faces when nobody had the ball and Patrick waving it in the air in the end zone. OU then wins 40-27.

bri
9/17/2006, 01:32 AM
Or, Patrick is penalized for illegal touching, offsides, unsportsmanlike conduct, and being a big meany. He is ejected from the game, but not before he has to walk over to the Oregon sideline and give them back their football. Then, he is sent to the locker room without dinner to think about what he did and then has to write a letter of apology to the University of Oregon, the Pacific-10 Conference, and Santa Claus saying that he is very sorry for taking the ball away from those poor Oregon players and that he'll never use Hamster Style again.

Meanwhile, the ball is awarded to Oregon on our one-yard-line after the penalty walkoff. Dixon takes the snap on first and goal and retreats to the three before taking a knee. He is promptly awarded a touchdown and the game is declared over and the Oregon players get to have orange wedges and juice boxes while our players have to pick up all the trash in the stadium before piling into AD's mom's minivan and going to Tastee Freeze.

Scotty
9/17/2006, 01:36 AM
http://russellarch.com/blah/OREGON.mov

When I look at this, you can tell that the ref does not know that AP has the ball..he doesn't even look at him! The dude thinks it is still in the pile...WTF. My question to this is, HOW DO THEY KNOW WHERE TO SPOT THE BALL?!

9/17/2006, 01:46 AM
You say Oregon cheated...but don't forget OU was caught red handed

bri
9/17/2006, 01:50 AM
Yes, if only the replay official had sold coke to an FBI agent.

Or, if only you weren't a complete and total troll *********.

Scotty
9/17/2006, 01:52 AM

First of all, I don't think anyone is implying Oregon is cheating. "*** raped by the joke of a ref crew" seems like a more appropriate phrase.

Second of all, **** off.

9/17/2006, 01:52 AM
and caught again

gnostic19
9/17/2006, 02:52 AM
Well, one of our players tried to point out to one of the refs that he had the ball...and they still gave it to Oregon.

So I don't know that that would have made much of a difference.

it would have.

RainyDayGame
9/17/2006, 03:01 AM
I know.

I just saw the damn replays too.

First and Goal from the 2: fieldgoal
First and Goal from the 3: fieldgoal
First and Goal from the 7: fieldgoal

We was robbed!
Damn refs should'a never made us have to punch it in like that. Like our O line is supposed to be good or something.

I'm still crying in my diapers. Well, I'll try not to wet the bed tonight - night guys...be sure to go potty before bed like me, OK?

bri
9/17/2006, 03:01 AM
Well, if YOU say so, then okay.

You hear that, guys? We need to stop complaining about the refs and blame the players for not trying harder to stop the refs from sucking.

Egeo
9/17/2006, 03:09 AM
I know.

I just saw the damn replays too.

First and Goal from the 2: fieldgoal
First and Goal from the 3: fieldgoal
First and Goal from the 7: fieldgoal

We was robbed!
Damn refs should'a never made us have to punch it in like that. Like our O line is supposed to be good or something.

I'm still crying in my diapers. Well, I'll try not to wet the bed tonight - night guys...be sure to go potty before bed like me, OK?
im not even gonna bother responding to this (with an argument) because i know you'll be long banned by the time i wake up today

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/17/2006, 08:43 AM
okie blah = west texas a&m troll :confused:

rainydaygame = duck (i know we are all surprised by their classyness)

Texas Golfer
9/17/2006, 08:45 AM

When I look at this, you can tell that the ref does not know that AP has the ball..he doesn't even look at him! The dude thinks it is still in the pile...WTF. My question to this is, HOW DO THEY KNOW WHERE TO SPOT THE BALL?!

More importantly, how do they know to give possession to Oregon when Patrick is holding the ball before the officials even get to the pile?

Texas Golfer
9/17/2006, 08:46 AM

What does ancient history have to do with the price of eggs today?

Go away until you have something useful to add to the discussion.

BoonesFarmSooner
9/17/2006, 10:29 AM

Yeah, the ball is at the 50 yard line and the officials are running up to the 45 trying to uncover the pile... How did a back judge NOT see all of this? How are there that many officials on the field and NONE of them see WHO RECOVERS THE F'ING BALL?

OKC-SLC
9/17/2006, 10:36 AM
why the overt assumption that Oregon recovered the ball is absolutely proof positive in my mind that something fishy was going on in Eugene.

And I'm not talking about the tree huggers' snatch.

FaninAma
9/17/2006, 10:40 AM
okie blah = west texas a&m troll :confused:

rainydaygame = duck (i know we are all surprised by their classyness)

So did you run their asses or did you uphold the "tolerant" tradition of the board administrators on this site and allow them to continue to jack with us? Just askin'.

SoonerShark
9/17/2006, 10:43 AM

For once, if a player had been a hot dog like many are today who are not Sooners, we might have won the game. Mr. Patrick behaved like a gentleman. And as stated above, what if he would have picked up the ball and ran to the Duck's endzone? We would have had a TD had the whistle not prematurely blown.

OKC-SLC
9/17/2006, 10:45 AM
So did you run their asses or did you uphold the "tolerant" tradition of the board administrators on this site and allow them to continue to jack with us? Just askin'.
heh.

GrapevineSooner
9/17/2006, 10:59 AM
For once, if a player had been a hot dog like many are today who are not Sooners, we might have won the game. Mr. Patrick behaved like a gentleman. And as stated above, what if he would have picked up the ball and ran to the Duck's endzone? We would have had a TD had the whistle not prematurely blown.

Actually, no. Allen was down when he recovered the kick and then got up.

josh09
9/17/2006, 11:18 AM
...of Patrick recovering the damn ball...what a house of Pac-10 official buffoons reviewing these plays....

SERIOUSLY

i saw the game on ESPN classic again this morning and i noticed that besides the oregon guy touching the ball before it went 10 yards, they never even RECOVERED the ball!

and i thought i was ****ed off before.

NormanOU
9/17/2006, 11:23 AM
I cant figure how we actually recover the onside and dont recieve the ball. Plus they touched it before the 10 yrds and is reviewed and we dont get the ball. Im confussed

josh09
9/17/2006, 11:27 AM
I cant figure how we actually recover the onside and dont recieve the ball. Plus they touched it before the 10 yrds and is reviewed and we dont get the ball. Im confussed

dont worry, so is everyone else who isnt a duck fan.

fadada1
9/17/2006, 11:52 AM
one of our members - a husker fan, and another (villanova grad) both said the same thing, "OU got screwed."

i'm still sick.

i still almost want to cry.

i stood in disbelief yesterday watching the end of the game.

85sooners
1/10/2011, 03:55 PM
Cheaters

primetime43
1/10/2011, 04:04 PM
Picture don't lie.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8812/ouducked.jpg

yermom
1/10/2011, 04:12 PM
Oregon ball!

being at the game, we had no idea how bad this was. all we really saw was the tipped ball on the BS PI call

i'd still take Duck fans over Allbarn/SEC fans.

85sooners
1/10/2011, 04:20 PM
Not me fuk oregon

Mad Dog Madsen
1/10/2011, 04:23 PM
Get the f*ck over it already!!!

sooner518
1/10/2011, 04:26 PM
at the game, we had no idea how bad it was. only once we got back to our hotel did we realize the magnutude of the screwup.... still pissed off

NormanPride
1/10/2011, 04:27 PM
No.

cccasooner2
1/10/2011, 04:33 PM
WE WILL NEVER FORGET!!

yermom
1/10/2011, 04:33 PM
at the game, we had no idea how bad it was. only once we got back to our hotel did we realize the magnutude of the screwup.... still pissed off

yeah, it still hurts.

AD and Nic Harris did all they could to win us that game :(

bmjlr
1/10/2011, 04:48 PM
I just threw up again...

Aldebaran
1/10/2011, 04:56 PM
Gordon Riese! You still suck, you worthless bastard!

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/10/2011, 05:15 PM
Get the f*ck over it already!!!

No. They're cheaters.

Mad Dog Madsen
1/10/2011, 05:21 PM
No. They're cheaters.

You realize the refs made the call right? Not the Oregon football team...

texaspokieokie
1/10/2011, 05:25 PM

i think the whole state of oregon was involved.:D

BoulderSooner79
1/10/2011, 05:28 PM

You expect rational thought on a football forum? HAHAHAHAHAHA, you a funny man.

OUthunder
1/10/2011, 05:29 PM
I broke a TV remote that day and then the wife sent me to anger management classes.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/10/2011, 05:32 PM

Yes I do. And I remember that Oregon fans weren't even embarrassed. They thought they had won. They thought they had earned it.

BoulderSooner79
1/10/2011, 05:35 PM
Yes I do. And I remember that Oregon fans weren't even embarrassed. They thought they had won. They thought they had earned it.

And had the situation been reversed, all of Sooner nation would have risen up and demanded that we forfeit. I'm sure of it.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/10/2011, 05:37 PM
And had the situation been reversed, all of Sooner nation would have risen up and demanded that we forfeit. I'm sure of it.

No we wouldn't have. However, we would have been terribly embarrassed. And we would have come out and said it. None of which Oregon fans did. They thought it was funny.

Mad Dog Madsen
1/10/2011, 05:39 PM

I remember being up by 13 with about 3 mins to go. We also had a last second FG blocked. One play does not determine a whole game.

BoulderSooner79
1/10/2011, 05:40 PM
No we wouldn't have. However, we would have been terribly embarrassed. And we would have come out and said it. None of which Oregon fans did. They thought it was funny.

If you we're not an OU fan, it was sort of funny - in a keystone cops way.

Mad Dog Madsen
1/10/2011, 05:42 PM

Heh. :D

OUEngr1990
1/10/2011, 05:47 PM
I remember being up by 13 with about 3 mins to go. We also had a last second FG blocked. One play does not determine a whole game.

That is true. But you also have to admit that the refs did all they could to give the W to Oregon that day. It wasn't just one play. But oh well, I am over it.

OUNASH
1/10/2011, 05:55 PM
I was in Oregon in Sept 2008 for the Oregon/Boise St game and some Oregon fan was bragging about how they had beaten the mighty Sooners just like Boise St. I turned around and told the guy that Boise had earned their vcitory unlike the Ducks. Needlees to say he shut up after that. I hope Oregon wins tonight sinced I live in SEC country and am sick of all the SEC hype. Go Ducks, just this once. I rooted for Boise that day.

Salt City Sooner
1/10/2011, 07:23 PM
I was in Oregon in Sept 2008 for the Oregon/Boise St game and some Oregon fan was bragging about how they had beaten the mighty Sooners just like Boise St. I turned around and told the guy that Boise had earned their vcitory unlike the Ducks. Needlees to say he shut up after that. I hope Oregon wins tonight sinced I live in SEC country and am sick of all the SEC hype. Go Ducks, just this once. I rooted for Boise that day.
x2. With each passing day, that game gets further & further in the rear view mirror. With same each passing day, another heaping helping of SEC love gets jammed down our collective throats & I am BEYOND tired of it.

I am TOTALLY holding my nose saying this, but for tonight, GO DUCKS.

stoopified
1/10/2011, 08:01 PM
x2. With each passing day, that game gets further & further in the rear view mirror. With same each passing day, another heaping helping of SEC love gets jammed down our collective throats & I am BEYOND tired of it.

I am TOTALLY holding my nose saying this, but for tonight, GO DUCKS.Not me,I hold a grudge.I'm sill pissed off about the ND 7-0 win in 1957 that ended OUr 47 game winning streaK AND THAT WAS 3 YEARS BEFORE I WAS BORN. I want the Ducks to lose.....on the other hand I hate the SEC and hope Auburn loses.

MyT Oklahoma
1/10/2011, 10:08 PM
**** the ducks.

ouduckhunter
1/10/2011, 10:42 PM
War Eagle!!

85sooners
1/11/2011, 12:17 AM
[QUOTE=Mad Dog Madsen; One play does not determine a whole game.[/QUOTE]

I think it did!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

soonercastor
1/11/2011, 01:09 AM
who bumped this sheet??? lol

We could have had a shot at tOSU that year.

Spray
1/11/2011, 09:53 AM

Actually.... in this case I think it did...

btb916
1/11/2011, 10:18 AM
Eh. That game happened on my birthday when I was out with my family at Indian Hills Steakhouse. The game was on and everyone was happy, and then all of a sudden...WTF?

But like I've said elsewhere, the only Ducks fan I ever met apologized to me about that game. So I have no grudge against the Ducks. Sometimes you just get hosed, I guess.

PhiDeltBeers
1/11/2011, 10:31 AM
This game was on my wedding day. I was driving to Dallas to catch a plane to Mexico and heard it on the radio. Didn't say a word to my new spouse for 3 hours.