PDA

View Full Version : Does Anybody Else Think It Will Be A While Before Joe C.Schedules Other Pac 10 Teams?

FaninAma
9/16/2006, 11:07 PM
To a home and home? If he does I honestly think he should be fired. This rip off has possibly cost the program millions of dollars in the BCS bowl system.Sure we can win the conference and go to a BCS bowl but forget about it if we lose even one more game.

DarrellZero
9/16/2006, 11:18 PM
As I see it, the biggest problem is these !@#$%^ Pac-10 referees.

Remember the phantom holding call which nullified Ingram's interception last year in the UCLA game while it was still close?

sooneron
9/16/2006, 11:20 PM
I predict that we will ask for real refs for the UW game at Seattle, not quack ten refs.

soonercody
9/16/2006, 11:22 PM
At least with Big XII officials, we can probably ban the Lubbock-gate residents from calling any OU games again...ever. Thanks and so-long PAC-10.

GrapevineSooner
9/16/2006, 11:23 PM
Well, I think it'll be awhile before we pay another visit to Autzen Stadium.

ClintonSooner
9/16/2006, 11:30 PM
Well, I think it'll be awhile before we pay another visit to Autzen Stadium.

same, its bad enough looking at there Gawd-awful colors, then when you think its the ugliest thing you have ever seen...you take a glance at their fans...

FaninAma
9/16/2006, 11:38 PM
I think the PAC10 crew did a very admirable. Pac 10 homer job on OU when they played UCLA in the RoseBowllast year.

My point is this. If you're the AD and you make a decion that in all likelihood costs your employer/program millions of dollars in possible lost revenue shouldn't you have to answer for that decision?

I Joe C. continues to allow OU to go out to the west coast and get bent over without the benefit of lubrication every time we play out there then I don't think he truly has OU's best interests at heart. JMHO.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/16/2006, 11:39 PM
I expect to get ref-hosed ad nauseum, like we have in the past, no matter whom we pay, OR WHERE!(yes, at Owen Field, too)

rainiersooner
9/17/2006, 01:44 AM
I think the PAC10 crew did a very admirable. Pac 10 homer job on OU when they played UCLA in the RoseBowllast year.

My point is this. If you're the AD and you make a decion that in all likelihood costs your employer/program millions of dollars in possible lost revenue shouldn't you have to answer for that decision?

I Joe C. continues to allow OU to go out to the west coast and get bent over without the benefit of lubrication every time we play out there then I don't think he truly has OU's best interests at heart. JMHO.

I've said it elsewhere, and I'll say it again: I aspire to having a program that is better than the pathetic officials who ref its games; I aspire to a programe that doesn't let a bad, bad qb zone read it's linebackers and secondary into a TD with a minute left and let a safety be burned for a touchdown with 30 seconds left; I aspire to a program that, with the best running back in college football and a very damn decent receiving corps, can punch it in for 6 in the red zone. Castliogne can't control the officials. But just one more touchdown in the redzone instead of 3 points would have taken the officials out of the game; frankly it bores me to look for other excuses.

bri
9/17/2006, 01:58 AM
Well OF COURSE Joe C. can't control the officials. He's too busy fagging up our program with our walking My Little Pony on the sideline and making sure we don't clap too loudly for our team because it might hurt the other team's feelings when we don't clap as loud for them.

Octavian
9/17/2006, 02:00 AM
Bob said in earlier this week that he and Joe C. were "going to have a talk" about the monstrous non-conf schedule that Castiglione has put together for OU over the next decade.

In the absence of a SOS component in the BCS, Bob also thinks Joe C. is selling us down the river...

Blue
9/17/2006, 02:02 AM
I've said it elsewhere, and I'll say it again: I aspire to having a program that is better than the pathetic officials who ref its games; I aspire to a programe that doesn't let a bad, bad qb zone read it's linebackers and secondary into a TD with a minute left and let a safety be burned for a touchdown with 30 seconds left; I aspire to a program that, with the best running back in college football and a very damn decent receiving corps, can punch it in for 6 in the red zone. Castliogne can't control the officials. But just one more touchdown in the redzone instead of 3 points would have taken the officials out of the game; frankly it bores me to look for other excuses.

And I aspire not read any more of your posts. But that aint gonna happen.

Games are close. They are not all blow-outs. Refs can decide a game.

bri
9/17/2006, 02:05 AM
Bob said in earlier this week that he and Joe C. were "going to have a talk" about the monstrous non-conf schedule that Castiglione has put together for OU over the next decade.

Translation: "I'm gonna punch that little bitch between his beady little eyes until he finally agrees to stop f*cking ruining our program...in a great way."

:D

Octavian
9/17/2006, 02:09 AM
Translation: "I'm gonna punch that little bitch between his beady little eyes until he finally agrees to stop f*cking ruining our program...in a great way."

:D

certainly. :D

Octavian
9/17/2006, 02:13 AM
to me it's a good sign too, because Bob wouldn't be wanting to sit down and talk about the importance of the 2015 scedule if, in the back of his head, he didn't really expect to be here.

OTOH, if Joe doesn't tell him he wants to hear and refuses to see the problem w/ playing LSU, Miami, and Florida St. every year before we get to Dallas...it might be a factor for Stoops also

the scheduling situation is a bigger factor w/ Bob than most people think...he knows that an undefeated Big XII champ gets to go to the big show

Ike
I agree with you....to a point. It doesn't change the fact that we got jobbed here. But I do like that now whenever someone accuses Bob Stoops of running up the score he can always say "2006 Oregon...Just making sure we don't leave ourselves in a position for the refs to take the game away". I aspire to have that happen every game....but thats a damn tall order.

In the meantime, we got jobbed. plain and simple. If that doesn't fire up this team enough to go out and take it out on our future opponents until theres nobody left to hit, then nothing will.

Blue

In the absence of a SOS component in the BCS, Bob also thinks Joe C. is selling us down the river...

It was freakin Oregon. We've got to play somebody OOC.

We should want the marquee games.

bri
9/17/2006, 02:17 AM

That's what bowl games are for. ;)

Octavian
9/17/2006, 02:17 AM
It was freakin Oregon. We've got to play somebody OOC.

I agree. I don't wanna go all-out aggy lite on the scheduling. ATM's schedule this year is embarrassing.

But have you seen our future non-conf slate? It's freaking loaded...like we're an independent.

Simple fact is, we don't need to play a heavyweight OOC every year to get to the national title game....

An undefeated BigXII champion (hell, sometimes a 1-loss) is going to go play for the crystal.

Why play Russian roullette if you don't have to?

edit: strength of schedule is no longer a major factor in the BCS....

Ike
9/17/2006, 02:23 AM

officially. But don't think for a minute it doesn't factor into poll votes or into the computer polls.

Even without SoS officially in the BCS, it's still true that a W against USC > a W against MTSU

Blue
9/17/2006, 02:25 AM

But the opinions of Jack-jobs are. If the Big 12 doesn't get better, we'll be the New Big East. We need those games. For the programs sake.

Octavian
9/17/2006, 02:28 AM
officially. But don't think for a minute it doesn't factor into poll votes or into the computer polls.

Even without SoS officially in the BCS, it's still true that a W against USC > a W against MTSU

sure, but whatever you want to say about the Big XII's poor performance this year...it still the BigXII. We're not the Big East.

If one of the traditional powers (OU, Neb, Texas) goes undefeated, they're almost guaranteed to be in the NCG.

If your main conference rival (Texas) is not loading up on a diet of super heavyweight OOC competition...you shouldn't be either.

Look at the schedules for the next few years...it's not even close.

OU is taking on some major showdowns w/ the some of the best programs in America while Texas is playing Arkansas.

Octavian
9/17/2006, 02:32 AM
But the opinions of Jack-jobs are. If the Big 12 doesn't get better, we'll be the New Big East. We need those games. For the programs sake.

The name "Oklahoma" goes a long ways in the world of college football.

In the very unlikely occurrence that there's a season where 3 teams from major conferences go undefeated, maybe an undefeated OU gets left out...unlikely, but maybe.

Most years, there's going to be 2 or fewer undefeated teams from the major conferences. OU goes 12-0 during almost any year, they're in.

Why put your program at risk of losing your NC shot in September when it's not necessary?

rhombic21
9/17/2006, 02:43 AM
This thread is pathetic. Joe C. has been the best thing to happen to OU's athletic department since Bud Wilkinson. He's the reason that we're renovating facilities, keeping coaches, and restoring the national image tht Wilkinson and Switzer built.

And you guys who want a creampuff schedule are simply being absurd.

Playing Oregon will help make us a better team for conference play. You can't blame Joe C for the bad calls. I want a football program that's not afraid to play marquee intersectional matchups. It's good for the sport, and it's good for the program.

And let's face it. The Big 12 isn't what it used to be. OU and Texas are the only teams in the conference, at this point, that are consistent top 10 teams. The Big 12 has been getting weaker since 2000, when Nebraska, KState, and Colorado started their downhill trends. Our conference is not strong enough to play East Popcorn State 3 times in the non-conference. In 2000 it might have been, but not now.

Octavian
9/17/2006, 02:48 AM
ehh...ok

FaninAma
9/17/2006, 03:27 AM
I'm not saying don't play some marquee teams....just avoid going to the PAC 10 and having the PAC 10 officials ram bend you over like you're Paris Hilton.

Take a team from the Big 10 or the ACC. It doesn't have to be the top program every year. At least the other BCS conference officials don't have the reputation of the PAC 10.

BTW, I don't see any of the other major BCS conferences lining up to play the PAC 10 in home and home series. Even the Big 10 has really been noticeably absent from travelling to he West Coast. I wonder why?:rolleyes: