PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who thinks this is holding?

rhombic21
9/16/2006, 10:41 PM
http://media.putfile.com/Holding

I'm not even sure that Oregon should have scored a TD to close it to 6 points!!

Jewstin
9/16/2006, 10:56 PM
On number 97? Absolutely. Check out his jersey being stretched. I don't think he would've gotten him.

So, now we have some fodder to add to all the Ducks coming in and talking about a blown call on our touchdown pass.

soonercody
9/16/2006, 11:27 PM

Statalyzer
9/17/2006, 01:14 AM
On almost every TD scored this year by OU, or it's opponents, chances are that you could point out that holding should have been called.

Stick to the onside kick and PI, those were clear enough.

poke4christ
9/17/2006, 12:39 PM
There was nothing extreme enough on that call to be called holding. Stick with the other gripes, those are legit.

Zach

arizwebfoot
9/17/2006, 01:01 PM
Remember the push off that gave the Sooners their second TD?

Tit for tat.

However, I can't and I won'd defend the refs who forgot their contacts on the onside kick. The PI, well it did kinda look like it was touched, but from a gazillion angles, I could be sure.

Of course, had the Sooners made the FG, this would all be moot.

Statalyzer
9/17/2006, 01:20 PM
You know, after seeing it again, the PI could have been legitimately called holding instead, which is not dependent on the ball being tipped or not. But the game should never have gotten to that point anyway since OU recoverd the onside kick.

SoonerGM
9/17/2006, 01:27 PM
there is another picture of holding in the tulsa world's sports section. of course its not labled as such but it is clear as day. hard to complain about lack of holding calls though, simply because it probably happens on almost every down.

tulsaoilerfan
9/17/2006, 03:05 PM
there is another picture of holding in the tulsa world's sports section. of course its not labled as such but it is clear as day. hard to complain about lack of holding calls though, simply because it probably happens on almost every down.
Yeah, everyone holds, but i only remember 1 called on Messner during the whole game; that's the most ignored rule in the book because if they called it like they should, it would make the games about 5 hours long