PDA

View Full Version : THA's report from the game...

TheHumanAlphabet
9/16/2006, 09:18 PM
First of all, congrats to Oregon! Class fans and a great venue! Autzen stadium is a great place. Fans were very nice and friendly. Very fun to be with.

Offense was good. 33 points SHOULD win a game. We moved the ball well in the 2nnd half. Peterson had 200 yards, that and 33 points and pass completions should win the game.

Defense, pretty ugly. 33 points SHOULD win the game. Say what you will, we was robbed on to plays. Well, we had some calls go our way as well. The defense should have stopped the Oregon offense and we wouldn't be complaining about 14 points in 1:30. I don't know if it is a personnel or a coach issue, but something needs to change and fast. We could see 3 or 4 losses and Nick would be right... Oregon ran their offense at will, we didn't do anything and they did not respect our D. We blitzed late in the 2nd and they were confused, then no more blitzing...The confusion on the onside kick was very un-Oklahoma like. Clock management was terrible and wasn't a problem earlier. DOn't know if it was the load crowd or what. Poor.

A nice elderly Oregon fan came over to talk to us after the game. Her comment was "This is a big win for UO, we don't beat the Oklahoma's often, you are a big program." I told her we are not used to losing and they had a good team. I'm sorry, we should have won this game, we had the game in the second half and the defense lost it. Those late calls should have not been a factor. We played timid at the end, and it cost us.

Again, Congrats to UO. They played and executed well and deserved to win. This was a great trip with friendly people everywhere...

Spray
9/16/2006, 09:23 PM
Glad you had a good time, THA!

Do yourself a favor and don't watch the replay of the onsides kick. ;)

Soonerus
9/16/2006, 09:23 PM
Wait until you see the videos...your tune might change a little...

Blue
9/16/2006, 09:24 PM
and deserved to win.

BULL ****-ING ****.

westcoast_sooner
9/16/2006, 11:09 PM
THA - you made almost every point I was going to about my experience. The UO fans were great for the most part. One guy was arrested before the game started. I didn't see what he did, but the cops cuffed and took him away. Then another guy was living up to what most of us had been told - they throw things.
More about that in another thread.

noobalicious
9/16/2006, 11:13 PM
BULL ****-ING ****.

ditto

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/16/2006, 11:13 PM
BULL ****-ING ****.

I second that. :mad:

FaninAma
9/16/2006, 11:14 PM
THA, I think you need to save the good sport BS for a while.....especially comments that the Ducks "deserved to win." I don't think many of your fellow Sooner fans are in as gracious of a mood as you are right now. Just a friendly piece of advice.

OUFan22
9/16/2006, 11:22 PM
I second that. :mad:
I third that! I am tired of some people saying "we should have played better defense". I don't care if our guys laid on their backs every play sucking a pacifier. If the referees make the correct calls, we win the game. We all know our defense needs to improve, but we should have won no matter what the defense did to that point. We were winning the game. Enough said!

jrsooner
9/16/2006, 11:41 PM
They played and executed well and deserved to win.I disagree wholeheartedly. They did not "deserve to win". They got the "W" but they did not deserve it. They got it because a ref could not look at a "replay" screen and have the guts to make the correct call.

It's like I tell my son when he goes to TKD tournaments. He can win by turning his back at the last minute, taking a hit and disqualifying the other guy after two hits. Or he can spar honorably and take him out by skill. That if he does the "turn the back" execution of play, he will probably get a medal, but it will eat him alive because he will know he didn't get it honorably. If he can't get the win honorably then lose with honor and practice.

Oregon got the "W" but it was not an honorable win. Now you will see if the ducks have honor or proudly proclaim the win was deserved.

sooneron
9/16/2006, 11:43 PM
There was no honor in Eugene today. Shocker.

Soonerus
9/16/2006, 11:46 PM
It was not true sport....

sooneron
9/16/2006, 11:48 PM
I can't wait until THA watches the game.

bri
9/16/2006, 11:51 PM
I can't wait until THA watches the game.

Yeah, he probably missed that avalanche of botched calls late because he was busy enjoying a fresh-baked pie given to him by gracious Oregon fans. :D

BIG_IKE
9/16/2006, 11:53 PM
OU was screwed by the Officials...but thats not what bother me the most. What bothers me is that despite the Royal Screwing the Ref's gave us...

The DEFENSE allowed Oregon to score 2 touchdowns, and the OFFENSE could not block just one play when the game was on the line. We can cry about stuff we cant control all we want to, but it wont change nothing. We CAN control the way our guys play. And the bottom line is, everytime the refs screwed us we recovered from it, only to fall on our own on the field. Ref screweing or not we should have won this game.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/17/2006, 12:32 AM
everytime the refs screwed us we recovered from it

Really? Tell me, please, how we recovered from the refs giving the ball to Oregon when it was clearly OURS?

Just to name one instance of screwing.

Scotty
9/17/2006, 12:40 AM
We CAN control the way our guys play.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Fraggle145
9/17/2006, 12:44 AM
BULL ****-ING ****.

amen.

BIG_IKE
9/17/2006, 12:51 AM
Really? Tell me, please, how we recovered from the refs giving the ball to Oregon when it was clearly OURS?

Just to name one instance of screwing.

I think you misunderstood me...

I am acknowledging the fact that we were screwed several times by the refs...

but DESPITE the screwing. We still had opportunities to win the game and we didnt.
#1- Our DB's got burnt, creating the turn of events.
#2- We let them score after the jacked up onside call.
#3- We failed to protect our kicker from making the game winning field goal.

Despite the screwing (s), when it was all said and done. If we would have just played defense and BLOCKED FOR HARTLEY....we still would have won. I know we would have had it won sooner but damn, our team can only control themselves. They cant control the blind officials. So despite bad officiating we STILL coulda won this game. Had we played to our potential, and with passion like we NEED to be playing we would have buried Oregon and this would not be an issue. That or maybe our team is not as good as we think they are. I am getting more and more to thwe point of wondering h just how blue some of our alleged blue chips are..:mad:

TheHumanAlphabet
9/17/2006, 11:14 PM
I can't believe these posts here. I don't have blinders on and have not drunk the Eugene kool-aid. We lost and got screwed by the refs. What are you going to do about that and what can you do. You are only ****ing and moaning about things we have no control of. Has the NCAA given us back the TT win? Do you really think the NCAA will do anything? Will Belotti say forfeit the game becuase of the bad calls? That a big NO! What we can do is figure out what the problem on D is and fix it. That is something at least you can do something about. Besides, if we had one more touchdown, this wouldn't have happened. I suspect that this will be another list of people not to officiate against OU. Why the hell Joe didn't have neutral of Big 12 refs on the game contract is mind-boggling...

Zing
9/18/2006, 12:52 AM
Class fans and a great venue! Autzen stadium is a great place. Fans were very nice and friendly. Very fun to be with.

You sure you were at the same Autzen the rest of us were? In Oregon, right? Where the fans wear yellow?

Didn't think so.

MarylandSooner
9/18/2006, 07:07 AM
I would like Joe C. to come out and apologize to the Sooner Faitful considering the issue of not having a Big 12 crew to officiate the game. I do not understand how that played out but would like to get an explanation.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/19/2006, 10:01 PM
You sure you were at the same Autzen the rest of us were? In Oregon, right? Where the fans wear yellow?

Didn't think so.

Sat in the middle of them, row 70 section 36. very friendly and nice. All considered the calls bad, but took the win...Even shared their soda enhancer with us...

FaninAma
9/19/2006, 10:10 PM
Texas gave up almost 600 yards in offense to USC in the Rose Bowl But nobody is saying they should have lost that game. Why is that? What if the refs had given a bad mark on the 4th down play with Lindale White running off-tackle in the 4th quarter and USC was able to run out the clock?

KaiserSooner
9/19/2006, 10:29 PM
Besides, if we had one more touchdown, this wouldn't have happened.

OU didn't need another TD to win, muchless another point. OU's D was, as is par so far this season, frustratingly soft. No doubt about that. However...

...the fact remains that OU played well enough to win, and would have hadn't the officials given possession to Oregon, in spite of the fact that one of there players touched the ball first and within 10 yds. Oh yeah, and the fact that an OU player recovered the ball. Oregon simply never had possession.

You having a good time in Eugene doesn't take away the fact that the game was given to Oregon by the officials.

jrsooner
9/19/2006, 10:44 PM
I would like Joe C. to come out and apologize to the Sooner Faitful considering the issue of not having a Big 12 crew to officiate the game. I do not understand how that played out but would like to get an explanation.It was covered in one of the news articles. PAC-10 has a rule that any game played at the home site of a PAC-10 school, has to use PAC-10 refs. It's in all the contracts that they sign.