PDA

View Full Version : Media Reaction- Matthew Zemek (CFN) jumps first

Spray
9/16/2006, 09:03 PM
http://cfn.scout.com/2/569266.html

tbl
9/16/2006, 09:05 PM
I have yet to see a commentator yet that hasn't been crying foul on this deal. It's actually making me feel a little villified that there is such an outcry. I doubt something will officially be done, but you never know....

noobalicious
9/16/2006, 09:06 PM
LOL the ********* who said we would get killed? That's really sweet...it almost takes the pain out of it...almost.

SelmaBamaFan
9/16/2006, 09:30 PM
HOLY ****!!! THAT PAGE HAS LINKS FOR SOONER RING TONES!!!!!

THE QUEST FOR THE ANSWER IS OVER!!!!!

tulsaoilerfan
9/16/2006, 09:41 PM
James, Flutie, and Saunders on ABC also said that the Sooners got screwed

BigUgly
9/16/2006, 09:58 PM
Sickening. Purely, f*cking sickening...

ClintonSooner
9/16/2006, 10:05 PM
You do realize you're debating one call in a 3 hour game of many missed or poorly decided calls. OK could have controlled the results on the field by holding Oregon, or actually converting TDs instead of field goals at 1st and Goal.

Stewarts fumble in the 3rd was just as questionable, and Oregon was in scoring range, too.

If you are gonna complain about A call, you must then discuss ALL calls.

all the calls were legit...except 2 which of coarse were against us...

look duck you know its bs too

TUSooner
9/16/2006, 10:07 PM
You do realize you're debating one call in a 3 hour game of many missed or poorly decided calls. OK could have controlled the results on the field by holding Oregon, or actually converting TDs instead of field goals at 1st and Goal.

Stewarts fumble in the 3rd was just as questionable, and Oregon was in scoring range, too.

No, we don't. That was THE crucial call and was hugely totally obviously wrong, so don't try to dodge it. Savor your your home cooking, then **** off, dip ****. And long may you lose!

Widescreen
9/16/2006, 10:08 PM
Give me a break. Was there indisputable evidence to overturn Stewart's fumble? No. One camera angle appeared to show the ball popping out. Was there indisputable evidence to show that the UO player touched the ball too soon on the on-sides kickoff? Yes. It wasn't even close. The game should've ended there. Then on the "pass interference", I saw the tipped ball live when it happened and I figured that at least one official on the field would reverse the call. I was surprised when it had to go to video review but felt confident the booth official would not be blind and incompetent (again). My confidence was sadly misplaced.

Jewstin
9/16/2006, 10:09 PM
Stewart's fumble wasn't questionable, because the replay showed the ball was out. The first few angles were inconclusive, but they had one that showed the ball coming out and his knee just BARELY off the ground.

How about the biggest joke call in college football, the illegal formation, on PT's touchdown pass to Malcolm Kelly? Or the lack of a penalty on AD with that head tackle that took him out of the game for two snaps on a crucial series? That guy was head hunting and everyone knew it.

Anyways, it's comparing apples and oranges.

This onside kick call was botched from EVERY SINGLE ANGLE. Illegal touching and the recovery. The referees didn't even LOOK at Patrick who had the ball. They blew the whistle when the ball hit the pile, when it was bouncing into the hands of Patrick.

noobalicious
9/16/2006, 10:10 PM

That was clearly a fumble. If you slow it down enough you can see it pop clean before his elbow hits.

Point that you're missing: if that call goes the right way...we win, no question. We deserved to win, we whooped you in the 2nd half. If that would have happened in the opposite fashion, with Oregon getting screwed, I would be telling the Duck fans that they should have won the game and they got the shaft from the refs. No reasonable person can say that if they had made the correct call there that OU would not have won.

KingDavid
9/16/2006, 10:13 PM

What in the world, dude? You're all over our freaking board saying the same shat . . . Every thread I click on, there you are saying the same things, trying to make this out like it was some sort of respectable outcome.

You need to go cozy up with some Oregon newspaper or Duck board, and try to convince yourself that it's OK that your team stole a victory.

We aren't going to help you with your guilt here, man. And even if everyone on this board suddenly conceded to your idiotic arguments, it still wouldn't change the truth.

I'm sure if you go stare at the Autzen scoreboard long enough and hard enough you'll be able to forget how your team won, and you'll probably even be able to convince yourself that your team actually earned the victory. Give it a try.

But trust me, none of us are going to help you with your delusions of legitimacy.

Scurry along, please.

KABOOKIE
9/16/2006, 10:16 PM

Dear AssQuack,
You won the game with a big old fat asteriks to boot. Congrats. Oregon is now 1* & 6 vs. OU. Now kindly **** off. :rolleyes:

PhilTLL
9/16/2006, 10:20 PM

"You do realize you're complaining about one F5 tornado in a 3-hour weather event of many thunderstorms. If you're going to complain about A storm, you must complain about ALL storms..."

"OK could have controlled the results on the field by recovering the (illegally executed) onside kick, and...wait, what?"

SoonerGOP
9/16/2006, 10:29 PM
Can someone forward this article to every SID that votes for their coach and every voting AP sportswriter?

He said it better than anyone else I've ever heard: Oregon got a win they didn't deserve and it's not fair to their valiant efforts. We got a loss we didn't deserve and it's not fair to our valiant efforts.

Both teams played their heart out -- we were clearly the better team. Now if the voters will just preserve our standings in the polls because of the clear difference in the teams, I'll be happy.

letsroll
9/16/2006, 10:33 PM
head back to the duck board, quackie

Texas Golfer
9/16/2006, 10:35 PM

You are not being intellectually honest. But I'm not really sure what your problem is: not being an intellect or not being honest.

85Sooner
9/16/2006, 11:00 PM
And those official should be shot.I got the gun, just tell me who these asswipes were. Hey NCAA officials. Kis my A$$ with tounge you b!tches

Rogue
9/16/2006, 11:14 PM
Quack, you really need to get over your guilt...somewhere else.

Good read. I'm disappointed that so much is being made of the obvious screw job on the onside kick being touched, but so little said about the FACT that OU recovered the damn thing and later got called for a bogus pass interference call that was also reviewed. Apparently to review a play, you can have your head fully in your ***. Must be the same criteria to use the moniker quackattack.

okieballin
9/17/2006, 12:03 AM
i'll be perfectly honest; if the roles had been reversed, i would be happy to have the win. i wouldn't feel good about the way it was obtained, and i sure as hell wouldn't gloat about it. we all know that if OU was given a tainted victory in that manner, we would be crucified by all the networks, and never be allowed to enjoy it. you know thats the Gods honest truth.

RedstickSooner
9/17/2006, 01:09 AM
I understand being frustrated, but we shouldn't talk about the bogus pass interference call -- it's irrelevant. The game was won prior to that call.

Every game has some questionable calls, on both sides.

You almost NEVER see a game where the outcome has been decided -- where the game is over -- and where a questionable call reverses the outcome.

The only call close to this one I can think of was a few years back when someone got an unsportsmanlike after celebrating on making a game-winning play (think it was a national championship game, actually) which caused the extra point to get moved back 15 yards, which caused it to be missed -- and they lost. Anyone remember which game that was?

But even there, it just seemed ticky-tacky. Tonight, officials cheated to change the outcome of the game. When you have the luxury of instant replay, there is no "blown" call -- not with a call as clear as this one.

Every person who saw that replay knew that we won the game. The only exception is some nameless Pac-10 replay official.