PDA

View Full Version : Some Positives out of a Travesty

Readyfor8
9/16/2006, 08:11 PM
First of all, Oregon played a great game and they are going to have a great season. Jonathan Stewart is good, to be sure. I honestly don't see Heisman written all over him, but he is a solid back who could deffinatly play on the next level. Dixon was average I thought, but he played a good game and he should have a great season.

Secondly, Oklahoma is the real deal this year. I don't think there is anything that anyone can say about this except to say that our offense is better than advertised and is top 10 caliber. Our defense is playing better but must be given time to gel, and while our defense is giving up more yards than I would like to see, we are still playing solid defense but giving up big plays (although we are giving them up to big time players like Stewart.) I can honestly see us playing out our schedule and winning the BigXII, and going to a BCS game. I think we all thought an NC was a longshot this year but to have it taken away by Pac10 Referee's was not what I was prepared for.

Next, I must point out that the BigXII is a hair away from greatness this year, but it's not quite there yet. While this isn't a positive yet, by the end of the season we should see some great things out of the BigXII conference and sets up next year for another great set of conference games.

Finally, in this dark time I am hard pressed to ever think of replay giving a team back a big win. Sure calls have been turned over and called correctly but never have I seen a call that has been reviewed correctly and given a team back a big win. Because this is what replay is designed to do, I would look to new changes next year, along with the new play clock rules being revoked, and that is in mind a positive.

Keep your chins up Sooners, and good game Ducks. If you will all agree that we got hosed I will be sure to say Go ducks whenever I get the chance. Be classy ducks and you won't lose any respect here.

BOOMER SOONER!!!

boomrsoonr
9/16/2006, 08:14 PM
All I know is I feel like I did after USC won the Orange Bowl and put up 55 on us.

Readyfor8
9/16/2006, 08:24 PM
You know what boomrsoonr. Lets put this in perspective. Last year the last game we lost was a tough game on the road and it was lost because the refs called a bad game.

By that logic we have about 7 games ahead of last year. I honestly don't think I can see someone on our schedule we can't beat.

Sooners78
9/16/2006, 08:42 PM
Marcus Walker proved today that he needs to be starting. He and Smith may be the best CB combination in the B12. Did you notice that after Lendy got burned on that TD, Our corners didn't get burned again? If Marcus had been in instead of Holmes on that play, they would not have scored. The last TD was scored on Harris.

boomrsoonr
9/16/2006, 08:44 PM
I honestly don't think I can see someone on our schedule we can't beat.

As long as they don't have any PAC10 officials.

FlatheadSooner
9/16/2006, 09:19 PM
Offense good

Defense bad.

This board busy and slow....like our D.

westcoast_sooner
9/16/2006, 11:02 PM
Positives - OK
1. PT is playing much better than anyone thought. He still has a ways to go, but overall he's making good decisions and playing well.
2. AD is AD. He is one guy on this team that looks like he is capable of putting the entire team on his shoulders and carrying us. At halftime today, he only had around 50 yards, and by the end of the day, he was over 200. That's a man. Plus, he returned kickoffs, lined up as a receiver. Maybe he could play defense for us :)
3. Our O-Line seems to be serviceable. Not making much yardage in the first half usually, but has been getting better in the 2nd.
4. The "noise" of Autzen didn't seem to be much of a factor in today's game. Although it may have been louder on the field than where I was, I've been in much louder football stadiums than this. The thing to take away, I think, is that we should be able to win on the road, if we don't get screwed.

Readyfor8
9/16/2006, 11:02 PM
Where is "Quack Attack" on this thread? I said some nice things and you want to run your mouth? What about you "RainyDayGame", where are you at on this?

You have no class I retract my praise of your team. Have fun playing in the worst BCS conference in the NCAA and winning because you won't play a bowl team for the rest of the season outside of USC.

By the way how does it feel to be out classed by Washington fans? That's sad that you lived in thier shadow for 70+ years. Have fun at not winning Rose Bowls like you always do.

Jello Biafra
9/16/2006, 11:11 PM
First of all, Oregon played a great game and they are going to have a great season. !!!

f*ck a duck.......they got smoked and i feel miserable that they were even in the game after the first quarter. we got 14 points taken off of the board on (i felt) phantom calls and of the plays we all know too well.

if it makes them feel any better, congrats on your 1-6 record. it took the help of referees to do it but you FINALLY did it. outside of the 1st quarter you guys were beat down and had no business being in that game that deep in the game. sour grapes? possibly but i know one thing, if we were ranked 18 and we had the help of big xii refs beat a number 15 in the nation, i doubt our entire fan base would rush the feild and look for every camera in the stadium to proclaim oregon the number 1 team in the nation.

SoonerGOP
9/17/2006, 12:41 AM
All I know is I feel like I did after USC won the Orange Bowl and put up 55 on us.

No way. This wasn't even close. That was embarassing. Disgusting. Revolting. Repulsive.

This was simply wrong. I'm not sad, I'm ****ed off.

TheGodfather889
9/17/2006, 01:02 AM
I'm happy that Adrian ran for 216 yards. But at the same time he's the one who I felt the worst for. He shouldn't be ashamed for his performance.

MarylandSooner
9/17/2006, 05:47 AM
Okay, we got screwed big time and now for the positive:

1. Lets go kill Middle T. 56-0

2. Put a beating on Texas sorry butt

4. And then proceed to go 11-0 from here on out.

5. 13-1 Big Twelve South Champs, Big Twelve Champs, BCS Bowl Champs,

Top Five Ranking

6. BOOOOMER - SOOOONER

Since71ASooner4Life
9/17/2006, 07:29 AM
I wish it weren't true, but I'm not seeing the overwhelming positives here. We can scream all we what about that bad call on the onside kick, but the truth is that the game outcome wasn't decided on the one play. Had we won, what would they be talking about today in Oregon - perhaps the non call on Kelly pushing off in the endzone before his catch? Or what about the questionable fumble that we recovered? Aside from the refs part, our preformance wasn't great. AD was awsome, but other than not making any big mistakes, PT didn't do all that great throwing the ball. He hit some passes, but he missed a few wide open targets and only completed about 50% overall. Our defense gave up over 500 yards, about 130 of them in the last few minutes! For much of the game Oregon controlled both lines of scrimage. Lendy Holmes is getting very close to being given a nickname like "toast".

Sorry guys I was screaming at the TV yesterday when that call was made against us, but now that I've had time to sleep on it, I have to make an honest accessment of what happened yesterday and what I honestly see as our potential this year. After 2 medioce victories and now this game, lower top 20 ranking is who we are. That may change, but I dont expect it. We have the single best player in the game, but we still are young at many positions, and like it or not the upside for our QB is that he plays somewhere between OK and decent. We might be a little better than last year, but this wont be a one loss season. After 35 years of this I've learned to look in the mirror early in the season and save the heartbreak later.

budbarrybob
9/17/2006, 08:01 AM
I think putting AD on kickoffs isn't such a good idea... he isn't a "scat" back that can make cuts quickly. Keep Iglesias (sp?) and Smith for returns. Otherwise i'm not too dissappointed or suprised by the play today. Setting the "getting hosed" factor aside. (I had already downgraded our defense to a "B" before this game therefore their performance yesterday wasn't far off)