PDA

View Full Version : I feel sorry for Middle Tennessee State

OUstud
9/16/2006, 07:57 PM
They've got a world of hurt coming to them.

nanimonai
9/16/2006, 07:59 PM
Wrong. NCAA will never let that happen.

TXBOOMER
9/16/2006, 08:01 PM
If they run the spread offense they should be okay.

cs6000
9/17/2006, 08:14 AM
They get to face a team that has a weak defense, can only run the ball in the 4th quarter, settles for field goals 60% of the time, loses a game after getting 4 turnovers, and gives up 14 points in 72 seconds.

Oh yeah, and the first play of the game usually goes pretty well.

jrsooner
9/17/2006, 08:24 AM
They've got a world of hurt coming to them.why? our defense would actually have to work to make them hurt. I'm going to be shocked if we win this one by a wide margin. We'll probably be trailing until the 4th when our team actually decides to wake up and play.

TripleOption14
9/17/2006, 08:24 AM
On the other hand if this doesn't make something snap in the OU team then nothing will and things will remain the same for the rest of the year PERIOD!!!!

Texas Golfer
9/17/2006, 08:29 AM
Although our defense will probably let up another 500+ yards, I see our offense having a field day. AD will run rampant and get another 200+ yards.

And all of the anti-OU media will claim we ran up the score.

Tennesee Tuxudo
9/17/2006, 09:06 AM
Shoot fire, yall. We are ready for this one! We know we ain't gonna win, and were pretty upset at the prospect of comin down there and lookin like the freshman team from Big Shockalocka Creek. Now we're just ready to have some fun, and count the money. How come yall couldn't get this on TV?

Yes we're all happier than a turtle in a tomato patch. After all the misfortune that's befell yall lately, I half expect a whale to come up and swallow your whole team, right on the field.

Anyway, our OC has set up a "you call the play" contest. The first 50 plays mailed in will be used in the game, in the order received. The response has been great, especially from the middle schools. We figure that should get us on the board pretty respectable.

The coaches have promised to have a big catered buffet for the team at halftime. We should be able to burn some clock through the 3rd quarter to let that settle, then: at the start of the 4th quarter, the entire coaching staff is going to fake an embolism due to deep vein thrombosis. (result of some bad moonshine). We should be able to get out of there losing only 24-21 or so, full as a tick, and with tons of media sympathy. This could be the big break we've been waiting on.

Eddie Money
9/17/2006, 09:15 AM
As long as they don't run it up the middle, we should be okay.

And to you, TT Boy (is that nickname taken?), I would like to tell you what an idiot you are, but actually I think you have it all figured out.:D I hope those middle schoolers didn't come up with any plays that expose our deficiencies, like keeping the other team from moving toward the end zone - we have been having trouble with that lately...

stoopified
9/17/2006, 09:25 AM
Yeah we'll be so pi$$ed off we will proably hold them to 24 points.I am still in an angry,irrational state,I hate losing.

Flagstaffsooner
9/17/2006, 09:36 AM
Shoot fire, yall. We are ready for this one! We know we ain't gonna win, and were pretty upset at the prospect of comin down there and lookin like the freshman team from Big Shockalocka Creek. Now we're just ready to have some fun, and count the money. How come yall couldn't get this on TV?

Yes we're all happier than a turtle in a tomato patch. After all the misfortune that's befell yall lately, I half expect a whale to come up and swallow your whole team, right on the field.

Anyway, our OC has set up a "you call the play" contest. The first 50 plays mailed in will be used in the game, in the order received. The response has been great, especially from the middle schools. We figure that should get us on the board pretty respectable.

The coaches have promised to have a big catered buffet for the team at halftime. We should be able to burn some clock through the 3rd quarter to let that settle, then: at the start of the 4th quarter, the entire coaching staff is going to fake an embolism due to deep vein thrombosis. (result of some bad moonshine). We should be able to get out of there losing only 24-21 or so, full as a tick, and with tons of media sympathy. This could be the big break we've been waiting on.

"Looks like a penguin to me."
http://www.fraterslibertas.com/Images/Separated/pythonits.jpg

Tennesee Tuxudo
9/17/2006, 09:38 AM
We tell our boys on offense to "run toward the paint". Doesn't matter if they are a running back or receiver, if they get down to where the field has the most paint, we'll be doing OK. Now, sometimes we have problems until we get past the 50 yard line, but it seems to be working.
Say, if I were to come down there for the game, do any of yall have a place I could hook up my trailer?

DrZaius
9/17/2006, 09:42 AM
If they run the spread offense they should be okay.

or run up the middle, or run to the outside, or throw screen passes, or throw deep balls, or throw 6 yard outs, or run the wishbone, or anything else unless we have a huge transformation next saturday.

Tennesee Tuxudo
9/17/2006, 09:53 AM
You boys better watch out! You probably think I don't know how to use this computer, but I been copying and pasting all these ideas of yours for my own "you call the play" entry! So if some of the stuff shows up in the game don't act surprised, and don't blame me!

TripleOption14
9/17/2006, 10:01 AM
Yeah we'll be so pi$$ed off we will proably hold them to 24 points.I am still in an angry,irrational state,I hate losing.

The loss is not the problem...well yeah it is! But it is the way we lost!! My god just call the damn game fair and square!! How hard is that?

Tennesee Tuxudo
9/17/2006, 10:07 AM
I might add that Mr Eddie Money's posting seems to be concealing some kind of insults toward me. I didn't come here to fuss and feud, but if someones throwin gloves at me, I'll pick em up.
I'm willin to give him the benefit of the doubt this time seein as how he is over in Afghanistan to entertain the troops. Callin me TT boy like I still wet the bed is un-neighborly.
I don't know about yall, but I'm gettin ready for church, so I have to stay in a clean frame of mind. And no, we are not havin possum for lunch, my wife already has a store bought roast in the oven.

oumartin
9/17/2006, 10:18 AM
OU wins 24-17.
Stoops refuses to call out players cuz after all they are just college kids..
did anyone hear that crap he spouted last night

OKC-SLC
9/17/2006, 10:41 AM
OU wins 24-17.
Stoops refuses to call out players cuz after all they are just college kids..
did anyone hear that crap he spouted last night
i didn't hear it; what'd he say?

and by the way, I hope the MTSU players know how to tackle themselves.

cs6000
9/17/2006, 10:42 AM
I didn't hear what he said either. If he stopped short of naming names to the national media, I can't fault him. Publicly burning up some of these guys might help us, but he might get a better result from some private *** chewings.

Flagstaffsooner
9/17/2006, 10:43 AM
http://www.swanshadow.com/images/TennesseeTuxedo.jpg

oumartin
9/17/2006, 10:43 AM
I didn't hear what all he said but he pretty much was talking about how they are just college kids and they need to work on getting better..
Hey Bob, isn't that was spring and fall is for?

BoonesFarmSooner
9/17/2006, 10:47 AM
I feel sorry for the officials at the Texas Tech game in Norman!

***Wait - No I don't***

Seriously, this elevates that game. The OU crowd better be out for blood that night.

GoMTBlue
9/17/2006, 03:32 PM
As a Middle Tennessee fan, I know the OU football team will come out firing at us on Saturday. They got robbed Saturday and they should be mad.

Hopefully we will make the game interesting for those of you in attendance.

I know it's probably hard for you OU fans to get excited about this game. As an MT fan I feel the same way. We used to get pumped up for these games, but now we are really more concerned about how we do in our conference.

If any of you want to visit the Blue Raider message board we can be found at BlueRaiderZone.com (http://www.BlueRaiderZone.com)