PDA

View Full Version : It will be very interesting to hear this one explained by the NCAA....

jthomasou78
9/16/2006, 07:49 PM
I can buy no conclusive evidence on the Pass Interference call. I could even buy no conclusive evidence that the ball was touched by an Oregon player before the 10 yard marker. There is no way on any planet that I buy any replay showed CONCLUSIVELY no less that an OU player touched that ball first.

boomrsoonr
9/16/2006, 08:00 PM
They don't have to explain it. Because to explain it would mean they'd have to admit that an officiating crew screwed the pooch and got it completely wrong. Then what? They certainly won't change the decision so why put forth the effort to do anything about it.

Nope, there won't be any suspensions, sanctions, *** chewings, or anything else. In fact, the OU hating media will probably bury it so far into the archives that we never hear anything about it after today. Except on this board.

TUSooner
9/16/2006, 08:00 PM
Do I understand the ruling right?
The replay guy saw that the D#ck touched the ball before it went 10, but he said it didn't matter because one of our guys touched it after. That can NOT be the rule. If they touch it before it goes 10, it's a penalty for illegal touching, or at least not a valid recovery. Even Dan Fouts thought so. The replay guy either didn't know the rule or he deliberately misapplied it; he should never be allowed in the booth again. Another sure thing: 99% of the country will only see the score, and won't know or care about the ignorant replay guy. And NO OU guy touched the ball first. No NO No

Spray
9/16/2006, 08:04 PM
Let's make sure we have this straight everyone, because it is important what the replay officials call was.

The official call was that there was conclusive evidence that the receiving team (us) touched the ball first, making it a live ball that was recovered by Oregon.

Therefore, our esteemed replay official is telling us that he has no doubt in his mind that he saw Malcolm Kelly touch the ball first.

He is without a doubt the biggest dumbass of the new century. (Only slightly ahead of Kevin Federline.)

jthomasou78
9/16/2006, 08:05 PM
He is without a doubt the biggest dumbass of the new century. (Only slightly ahead of Kevin Federline.)

They both got paid because they screwed someone.

jthomasou78
9/16/2006, 08:07 PM
After the Texas Tech game they did issue a statement basically saying the call was right on the field. I can't see them doing that again.

crawfish
9/16/2006, 08:10 PM
The refs association polices itself. They'll come out like they always do and say "we feel the refs made the right call on the field" and not have to prove a thing.

Kimberlyz4OU
9/16/2006, 08:13 PM
The refs association polices itself. They'll come out like they always do and say "we feel the refs made the right call on the field" and not have to prove a thing.

That is CRAZY, just who the hell do they think they are? There has to be someone that they answer to. **** the NCAA ---

Cam
9/16/2006, 08:13 PM
They won't say a word.

http://www.aspencountry.com/aspen/assets/product_images/product_lib/31000-31999/31655.jpg

OUswagger
9/16/2006, 08:14 PM
Good call, I've never seen a zebra review their own call so many times!! Pathetic!!!

OKC-SLC
9/16/2006, 08:14 PM
i have watched it several times.

i would bet my life on my opinion that it was touched by an Oregon player before it went ten yds and before an OU player ever touched it.

this was an egregious failure on the part of the officiating crew. Unfortunately, nothing will come of this.

sooner4life
9/16/2006, 08:48 PM
It doesn't matter who touched it first, if it was the ducks, penalty. If the Ducks come up with the ball, re-kick, backed up 5 yards, if the Ducks touched it first, and Oklahoma recovers, decline penalty, Oklahoma ball first down. Now as we have all seen the video, Oklahoma came up with the football, who cares who touched it first, it is clear on the video, no one had control in the pile, and AP came up with the ball. How did the officials even know where to spot the ball for the Ducks even after the replay?

Dio
9/16/2006, 09:17 PM
"We really never liked OU, so we've decided to help them lose as many games as possible."

Spray
9/16/2006, 09:19 PM
Actually, it does matter. If we touched it first, then live ball no matter how far it traveled. Also, if Oregon touched it first, its not a penalty, per se. We get the ball automatically at the spot they touched it.

Scott D
9/16/2006, 09:29 PM
After the Texas Tech game they did issue a statement basically saying the call was right on the field. I can't see them doing that again.

the NCAA doesn't have to explain anything. The referees were employed by the Pac-10. The ones in Lubbock were employed by the Big-12.

Widescreen
9/16/2006, 10:27 PM
The call was bad enough but the fact that Oregon didn't even recover the ball makes this unforgiveable.