PDA

View Full Version : Maybe...

LoyalFan
9/16/2006, 07:18 PM
Maybe if AD didn't waste half a game before "hitting stride".
Maybe if touchdowns weren't wasted due to some Sooner committing a dumba$$ penalty.
Maybe if an openly dishonest and/or incompetent official hadn't made a criminally bad call on the on-side kick.
Maybe, just maybe...

We got hosed again by dishonest officials. I suspect it will happen again before the season is out. I also suspect that dumba$$ maneuvers such as the penalty that cost us a TD will be repeated.

This is a team of immeasurable talent. This is a team that, as in the past, will be remembered more for games lost than games won.
This is a team that was not inspired, at least in a great part of the game, by their coaches or from within themselves.

I am a loyal Sooner fan, let there be no doubt, but I believe we are due for succession of 8 or 9 win seasons.

Excuses? NONE! Facts? IMHO, yes.

LF
AKA Lancer6 on "another" board.

soonernation
9/16/2006, 07:21 PM

Are you kidding me? That is possibly the dumbest **** I have ever heard!!

Jewstin
9/16/2006, 07:26 PM
The pass interference wasn't even PI. From the look of the play, the linebacker saw the ball get tipped and knew he could hit the receiver as much as he wanted. He could've tripped him or taken him down. Once that ball is tipped, you can do whatever you want.

But, of course, that's all moot because Oregon never should have had the ball to begin with.

Sigh. I am crushed.

Soonerus
9/16/2006, 07:29 PM
Maybe if touchdowns weren't wasted due to some Sooner committing a dumba$$ penalty.
Maybe if an openly dishonest and/or incompetent official hadn't made a criminally bad call on the on-side kick.
Maybe, just maybe...

We got hosed again by dishonest officials. I suspect it will happen again before the season is out. I also suspect that dumba$$ maneuvers such as the penalty that cost us a TD will be repeated.

This is a team of immeasurable talent. This is a team that, as in the past, will be remembered more for games lost than games won.
This is a team that was not inspired, at least in a great part of the game, by their coaches or from within themselves.

I am a loyal Sooner fan, let there be no doubt, but I believe we are due for succession of 8 or 9 win seasons.

LF

My response to your post...**** off....

sanantoniosooner
9/16/2006, 07:34 PM
Maybe, just maybe...

LF

AGREE.

Way more thought out than the immediate responses.

sanantoniosooner
9/16/2006, 07:35 PM
Are you kidding me? That is possibly the dumbest **** I have ever heard!!
there are many factors that go into it.......but you can't deny that he plays better at the end of the game than the beginning.

CatfishSooner
9/16/2006, 07:38 PM
I agree w/ Soonerus.

Spray
9/16/2006, 07:38 PM
Simple wearing down of the opposing D. RBs need blocking to make plays. I think we just try to wear the opponent out.

KABOOKIE
9/16/2006, 07:42 PM
I dunno. Maybe.....just maybe if someone would coach AD not to go out of bounds late in the game it might help? Maybe.....just maybe if the defense played the entire game and stopped giving up garbarge points late in the first and second halfs it might help. Maybe.....just maybe if they ran AD away from the 11 defenders in the middle of the field on 1st and 2 it might help......But, what do I know? I know for a fact that if you allow the geeks to decide the game they will always decide it against OU!

sanantoniosooner
9/16/2006, 07:43 PM
Simple wearing down of the opposing D. RBs need blocking to make plays. I think we just try to wear the opponent out.
The defense get tired, and our linemen are better conditioned.

But I also believe that AD takes a mentality on that changes him as the game moves along.

BigUgly
9/16/2006, 07:47 PM
Maybe, just maybe...

LF

... And if frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their azz's hoppin...

LoyalFan
9/16/2006, 07:47 PM
AGREE.

Way more thought out than the immediate responses.

Thanks, SAS, I knew cooler and more mature heads would surface.

LF

monty
9/16/2006, 07:49 PM

winner winner, chicken dinner. i believe you hit the nail on the head.

soonernation
9/16/2006, 07:51 PM

LF

Congratulations!! You agree with one of the bigger fools on the board.

Spray
9/16/2006, 07:52 PM
The defense get tired, and our linemen are better conditioned.

But I also believe that AD takes a mentality on that changes him as the game moves along.

My post + your post = correct evaluation.

I bet we could cure cancer if we tried. :D

sanantoniosooner
9/16/2006, 07:54 PM
Pretty accurate conclusion considering your limited mental capacity.

Blue
9/16/2006, 07:55 PM

LF

Would you ladies go out back and give each other head while real fans disect the loss?

sanantoniosooner
9/16/2006, 07:57 PM
Would you ladies go out back and give each other head while real fans disect the loss?
Calling eachother a-hole is dissecting the game?

Boo Blue.

Blue
9/16/2006, 08:00 PM
Boo Blue.

Hooray Beer! right about now.

Just saying cooler heads aint prevailing right now. Every man, woman, and child for themselves.

That was some **** that is uncompareable to anything ever witnessed by me. Even the talking ****heads won't touch it.

Good news is, AD gets the heisman, due to the ****job he got in Eugene.

sanantoniosooner
9/16/2006, 08:05 PM
Hooray Beer! right about now.

Just saying cooler heads aint prevailing right now. Every man, woman, and child for themselves.

That was some **** that is uncompareable to anything ever witnessed by me. Even the talking ****heads won't touch it.

Good news is, AD gets the heisman, due to the ****job he got in Eugene.
interesting way you chose to say it.

soonernation
9/16/2006, 08:08 PM
Pretty accurate conclusion considering your limited mental capacity.

That's it? Surely you can do better than that. If you EVER played organized football of any kind you will KNOW why AD gets better as the game goes on. I'm guessing by your limited knowledge of the game you never made it past the pee-wee leagues.

sanantoniosooner
9/16/2006, 08:12 PM
That's it? Surely you can do better than that. If you EVER played organized football of any kind you will KNOW why AD gets better as the game goes on. I'm guessing by your limited knowledge of the game you never made it past the pee-wee leagues.
I already stated some of those factors.

I can type it again if you have trouble with internet technology.

turkey123
9/16/2006, 08:16 PM
I'm having a hard time figuring out what you guys are arguing about. If you can't see that this game was bull**** you are a piece of crap.

soonernation
9/16/2006, 08:17 PM
I already stated some of those factors.

I can type it again if you have trouble with internet technology.

I have no problem with internet technology. I do have a problem with foolish people who have no knowledge of football speaking on the subject. If you don't know what you are talking about then STFU!!!

sanantoniosooner
9/16/2006, 08:29 PM
I have no problem with internet technology. I do have a problem with foolish people who have no knowledge of football speaking on the subject. If you don't know what you are talking about then STFU!!!
I've contributed more positive discussion than you have little missy.

soonernation
9/16/2006, 08:48 PM
I've contributed more positive discussion than you have little missy.

You have contributed ZERO positive discussion the last hour. I'm done dealing with ignorant people tonight.

sanantoniosooner
9/16/2006, 08:53 PM
You have contributed ZERO positive discussion the last hour. I'm done dealing with ignorant people tonight.
You sleep good now.

I really do believe that you are smarter than your posts suggest.

Europasooner
9/16/2006, 09:07 PM

First your signature in Italian does not make sense. It translates, "The Fan(likes a ceiling fan or box fan) of the horn can bite my donkey." You cannot litterally translate the words.

Secondly, the originator of this thread is right. Poor cooaching, preparation, and game plan is what cost them the game. The refs didn't help, but they did not give up the two scores.

Also, the kicking game cost the Sooners the game. The kick out of bounds right after they went up by 13 gave the Ducks the short field and getting the field goal blocked cost the victory.

The offense is not any better than the Chuck Long era and the defense hasn't been the same since Mike Stoops left.

Also for all those that said that UAB would be the TCU of this season, when I said the Sooners looked horrible against a mid-major team (UAB). I was right, UAB is 1-2 with their win a 17-14 win over that power East Carolina and they got drilled by a real #10 ranked Georgia team.

Again a 3 loss season is just about guaranteed. The Sooners have slipped into mediocrity and Stoops and Co get outcoached on a regular basis ever since he became a million dollar coach and his staff one of the highest paid in college football. Can you say UNDERACHIEVERS!

Spray
9/16/2006, 09:14 PM
First your signature in Italian does not make sense. It translates, "The Fan(likes a ceiling fan or box fan) of the horn can bite my donkey." You cannot litterally translate the words.

Secondly, the originator of this thread is right. Poor cooaching, preparation, and game plan is what cost them the game. The refs didn't help, but they did not give up the two scores.

Also, the kicking game cost the Sooners the game. The kick out of bounds right after they went up by 13 gave the Ducks the short field and getting the field goal blocked cost the victory.

The offense is not any better than the Chuck Long era and the defense hasn't been the same since Mike Stoops left.

Also for all those that said that UAB would be the TCU of this season, when I said the Sooners looked horrible against a mid-major team (UAB). I was right, UAB is 1-2 with their win a 17-14 win over that power East Carolina and they got drilled by a real #10 ranked Georgia team.

Again a 3 loss season is just about guaranteed. The Sooners have slipped into mediocrity and Stoops and Co get outcoached on a regular basis ever since he became a million dollar coach and his staff one of the highest paid in college football. Can you say UNDERACHIEVERS!

Sorry man, but I ain't buying what you're selling. You're right that STs and questionable coaching made it close, but there is NO DENYING that the blown call DIRECTLY cost the Sooners this game.

No denying it.

However, I am impressed with your grasp of the Italian language. :D

Soonerus
9/16/2006, 09:21 PM
You psychos trying to blame the Sooners for a game that was CLEARLY stolen from them are boorish fools....

tbl
9/16/2006, 09:29 PM
Dude.... we all know the refs screwed us, but to say there aren't serious problems within the program is EXTREMELY naive.

sanantoniosooner
9/16/2006, 09:58 PM
You psychos that fall back on the victim mentality to ignore our own issues are boorish fools.

Soonerus
9/16/2006, 10:03 PM
SAS , you are a big dissappointment...someone would probably shoot a family member of yours and you would be worried about the early childhood experiences of the shooter...frankly, your types make me sick sick to my stomach...you never know when it is time to make a stand for yourself...sometimes refered to as spinless....

9/16/2006, 10:04 PM
Hey, fellow Sooners... ease up.

9/16/2006, 10:05 PM
Well, If I couldn't spin, I don't know what...

ADs_Agent
9/16/2006, 10:08 PM
AD is what we like to call a Game Breaker, which means he performs the best when the games on the line and his yards are gotten towards the end of the game becaues he spends the beginning punishing those standing in his way. See you can do that when you are the best back in College Football

KABOOKIE
9/16/2006, 10:08 PM
The Sooners have slipped into mediocrity and Stoops and Co get outcoached on a regular basis ever since he became a million dollar coach and his staff one of the highest paid in college football. Can you say UNDERACHIEVERS!

Yeah, I guess if you say 3 conference championships, played in 2 National Championships, a Rose Bowl victory, and countless horn whoopings is slipping into mediocrity and UNDERACHIEVING then, count me in. :rolleyes:

9/16/2006, 10:14 PM
We have the best back there is in college football RIGHT NOW!!

That's just the way it is.

Bitch.

sanantoniosooner
9/16/2006, 10:15 PM
SAS , you are a big dissappointment...someone would probably shoot a family member of yours and you would be worried about the early childhood experiences of the shooter...frankly, your types make me sick sick to my stomach...you never know when it is time to make a stand for yourself...sometimes refered to as spinless....
Take some pepto and KMA.

Soonerus
9/16/2006, 10:18 PM
Take some pepto and KMA.

OK, and you take some mydol....

sanantoniosooner
9/16/2006, 10:21 PM
OK, and you take some mydol....
OK, and you stop sniffing wart remover.

Blue
9/16/2006, 10:26 PM

As much as I enjoy SAS, I agree. This isn't the time to REFLECT ON OURSELVES. Save it for Monday. Now's the time to Kick some ***. If you can't deal with that, take it to the sponsors forum or the South Oval.

Soonerus
9/16/2006, 10:29 PM

OK, after you stop gargling with hemorrhoid meds...

Soonerus
9/16/2006, 10:32 PM
As much as I enjoy SAS, I agree. This isn't the time to REFLECT ON OURSELVES. Save it for Monday. Now's the time to Kick some ***. If you can't deal with that, take it to the sponsors forum or the South Oval.

I agree with Blue, we got screwed as bad as I can remember in 40 years...we deserve at least a day or two to vent without annoying pontifications from self-promoted "know-it alls"...

sanantoniosooner
9/16/2006, 10:32 PM
OK, after you stop gargling with hemorrhoid meds...
OK, after you stop using Blue Star ointment to bleach your teeth.

sanantoniosooner
9/16/2006, 10:33 PM
Don't worry.

I got two cheeks. You can snuggle up to soonerus and pucker up.

Soonerus
9/16/2006, 10:35 PM
OK, after you stop using Blue Star ointment to bleach your teeth.

immediately after you stop experimenting with kitty litter for your personal purposes...

sanantoniosooner
9/16/2006, 10:35 PM
I agree with Blue, we got screwed as bad as I can remember in 40 years...we deserve at least a day or two to vent without annoying pontifications from self-promoted "know-it alls"...
hey, it was you that started attacking people with differing views.

If there is any coexistence to happen, it's on your part to make it happen.

Nobody said a thing to you until you attacked other posters.

sanantoniosooner
9/16/2006, 10:38 PM
immediately after you stop experimenting with kitty litter for your personal purposes...
As soon as you quit cupping farts and immediately smelling them

GrapevineSooner
9/16/2006, 10:39 PM
Maybe, just maybe...

LF

I disagree with the stance that AD wasted a half before hitting his stride. I think Oregon's defense had a lot to do with that.

Otherwise, very salient points.

As I remarked in another thread, we had three possessions in the red zone where we had to settle for field goals. That includes one where we had first and goal from the two and went backwards thanks to some dumbass penalties.

That all being said, the refs and the Pac-10 deserve every bit of criticism coming their way. This isn't necessarily about one team getting screwed out of a win.

This is about simple competency of officials to use a replay system to get the damn call right. And in the last few minutes of the game, they completely screwed the pooch. Which begs the question, why even have a replay system if it's not going to be used to get the damn call right?

Blue
9/16/2006, 10:39 PM
Don't worry.

I got two cheeks. You can snuggle up to soonerus and pucker up.

Quit being a self righteous prick.

ADs_Agent
9/16/2006, 10:41 PM
seriously SAS you're being a hard core suck

sanantoniosooner
9/16/2006, 10:43 PM
My A55 isn't huge, but I can try and make room for you too.

sanantoniosooner
9/16/2006, 10:45 PM
Quit being a self righteous prick.
Give me a break.

People can attack other Sooners because they don't like thier opinion, but if you call them on it, you're a prick.

I don't need validation from tards that don't apply the same rules to themselves that they expect everyone else to live by.

Soonerus
9/16/2006, 10:46 PM
hey, it was you that started attacking people with differing views.

If there is any coexistence to happen, it's on your part to make it happen.

Nobody said a thing to you until you attacked other posters.

Hey, I am ****ed off about the SCREW-JOB today...you can bull****, belittle it or go build fajitas with your neighbors...I will not change my feelings about this game... WE GOT SCREWED AND I CARE....This is not a normal loss that we should just blow off...we was jobbed...and btw, quit using this old style aspirin you sniff instead of swallow....

Blue
9/16/2006, 10:48 PM
Give me a break.

People can attack other Sooners because they don't like thier opinion, but if you call them on it, you're a prick.

I don't need validation from tards that don't apply the same rules to themselves that they expect everyone else to live by.

It just seems you're in here looking for a fight. You know emotions are high and you're being "The Voice of Reason." ....When you know most of these people will punch the Voice of Reason straight in the mouth right now.

sanantoniosooner
9/16/2006, 10:49 PM
Hey, I am ****ed off about the SCREW-JOB today...you can bull****, belittle it or go build fajitas with your neighbors...I will not change my feelings about this game... WE GOT SCREWED AND I CARE....This is not a normal loss that we should just blow off...we was jobbed...and btw, quit using this old style aspirin you sniff instead of swallow....
everything you just said is cool.

Calling other Sooner and A55hole because his opinion is different is BS.

And it's womanly to blame it on mood.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/16/2006, 10:52 PM
I just have to wonder if some of y'all watched the same game I did.

Did our defense suck? Hell yeah.

Did we get stupid penalties that cost us a TD? Hell yeah.

Did we look like warmed-over dog caca the first half? Hell yeah.

But guess what?

WE CAME BACK.

We scored 13 unanswered points in the 3rd quarter. So what if Oregon turned the ball over to us, with no effort on our part :rolleyes: ,on their own dumb mistakes. We still CONVERTED 13 points out of those mistakes.

So to say that we lost because of our own crappy playing, and that we should have put it away earlier is just wrong. We came back, and that win was stripped from us because of the officiating. It doesn't matter how much we sucked anywhere else in the game. We came back, and we won it 33-27 in spite of ourselves. No matter what the refs said.

And anyone that disagrees can just go gargle with Preparation H, or something.

sanantoniosooner
9/16/2006, 10:52 PM
It just seems you're in here looking for a fight. You know emotions are high and you're being "The Voice of Reason." ....When you know most of these people will punch the Voice of Reason straight in the mouth right now.
Why don't you go review the beginning of this thread.

If somebody doesn't agree, they can disagree without being sphyncter.

sanantoniosooner
9/16/2006, 10:54 PM
And anyone that disagrees can just have their own opinion.
what's wrong with that?

Soonerus
9/16/2006, 10:56 PM
If the shoe fits wear it... This is not a normal situation, we were undefeated and the sky is the limit for this team, we do not deserve to be cheated and I do not take it lightly...and I have no respect for those who do take such a clear debacle lightly...

sanantoniosooner
9/16/2006, 10:58 PM
If the shoe fits wear it... This is not a normal situation, we were undefeated and the sky is the limit for this team, we do not deserve to be cheated and I do not take it lightly...and I have no respect for those who do take such a clear debacle lightly...
Who's taking it lightly? I'm mad as hell.

I'm not using it as an excuse to attack fellow Sooners though.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/16/2006, 10:59 PM
what's wrong with that?

That last line was a feeble attempt at humor, for crying out loud.

Soonerus
9/16/2006, 11:05 PM
Who's taking it lightly? I'm mad as hell.

I'm not using it as an excuse to attack fellow Sooners though.

Why don't you lose that inane theme it is as old...well...probably about as old as you are...

sanantoniosooner
9/16/2006, 11:07 PM
Why don't you lose that inane theme it us as old...well...probably about as old as you are...
I guess it cramps your style to show some class.

Soonerus
9/16/2006, 11:10 PM
Class has it time and place and is always preferred but not after just getting horse-****ed...

sanantoniosooner
9/16/2006, 11:13 PM
Class has it time and place and is always preferred but not after just getting horse-****ed...
I agree.

I just wish it was directed at the enemy........ie. refs, opponents

Soonerus
9/16/2006, 11:16 PM
It can be directed at Sooners or even self-inflicted if necessary, I adhere to no artificial rules....

sanantoniosooner
9/16/2006, 11:17 PM
But you hold other fans to them.

sooneron
9/16/2006, 11:18 PM
Guys, the enemy is the ncaa and the glorified officials and the piece of **** ducks that think they won today.

Soonerus
9/16/2006, 11:19 PM
Bull ****...you are a last word freak....

sanantoniosooner
9/16/2006, 11:20 PM
Bull ****...you are a last word freak....
Just to show you how nice I am........here's your chance at the last word.

Soonerus
9/16/2006, 11:23 PM
Thanks, and go check your spek....

sanantoniosooner
9/16/2006, 11:25 PM
Thanks, and go check your spek....
:D

sanantoniosooner
9/17/2006, 07:32 AM
soonerus.........this was my favorite from last night.

Which was yours?

soonernation
9/17/2006, 09:14 AM

Why bring this up? Try using your imagination smart guy.

Secondly, the originator of this thread is right. Poor coaching, preparation, and game plan is what cost them the game. The refs didn't help, but they did not give up the two scores.

My main problem with the originator of this thread was the AD waiting to hit his stride until the 2nd half.

How did the kicking game cost us this game . GH was 4 for 4 with field goals of 41, 20, 20 and 22 yards before the block. Because GH is the kicker he is we stayed in this game. To say the kicking game cost OU this game is about as wrong as you can be.

What did the offense have to do with this loss? The O put up 33 points and 381 total yards including 174 yards passing and 207 rushing. I can agree with the defense problem .If you want to look at a coordinator to blame go after BV. The D gave up 501 total yard including 343 passing and 158 rushing.

Who gives a **** about UAB? We played Oregon yesterday. The team has gotten better since UAB. If they hadn't we would have gotten beat by 30 yesterday.

I disagree with the 3 loss season as a guarantee. Give me another game on the schedule this team could/should lose besides Texass. This team still has a chance to have a very successful season.

On a side note. Barry Switzer went 7-4-1, 8-4, 8-4 and 9-2-1 from 81 through 1984. A ton of people were calling for his head and saying he and his staff were being outcoached on a regular basis. They were also saying that same bull**** about underachieving. Switzer came back in 85 and won the National Title. I'm glad that people like Joe C don't listen to people like you. If they did Switzer would have been gone before the 85 season and Stoops would be fired on the spot. Get a grip people this is the cycle of things. We have the best coach in the country and he WILL bring this team around to his expectations. We will never win 11-12 game every year. I still think that this is a 10 win team though. Hell if we beat Texass we could realistically win 11-12 THIS year. Look at the schedule it could happen.

Sat, Sep 23 Middle Tennessee Norman 6 PM PPV

Sat, Oct 07 Texas at Dallas, Texas TBA

Sat, Oct 14 Iowa State Norman TBA

Sat, Oct 21 Colorado (Homecoming) Norman TBA

Sat, Oct 28 Missouri at Columbia, Mo. TBA

Sat, Nov 04 Texas A&M at College Station, Texas TBA

Sat, Nov 11 Texas Tech (Family Weekend) Norman TBA

Sat, Nov 18 Baylor at Waco, Texas TBA

Sat, Nov 25 Oklahoma State at Stillwater, Okla. 1:30 PM

Spray
12/2/2006, 10:03 AM

Hmmm....

And, yes, I'm a jerkwad for dragging this back up to the top.

Of course, a 3 loss season could still happen, but I'd consider it a successful one.

BTW, we'll whup the Corn tonight!