PDA

View Full Version : The reality is...

Spray
9/16/2006, 07:11 PM
that Kelly was in the position to make the play and the call cost us the game. If the call is correct, we have the ball, Oregon calls their last time out, and we kneel 3 straight for the win, even with an up-and-down defensive game and settling for FGs instead of TDs.

Our players did all that was necessary to pull out a game in a hostile environment against a very good Oregon team.

There is no gnashing of teeth about Venables, poor defense in the last two minutes, FGs instead of TDs. The players deserve more than for the fans to tear down this performance. They won the game. They got robbed. No matter how ****ed you are, I'll bet they feel a thousand times worse right now.

Lets save the critiques of the coaches and players for a few days on this one.

That said, I am really ticked off about "instant replay". What a joke.

Katy's Most Wanted
9/16/2006, 07:34 PM
Good post.
I will wait until Monday.
The PLAYERS and THE FANS certainly deserved the win today.

swardboy
9/16/2006, 07:34 PM
Kelly was exactly on the yard line the ball had to pass before the covering team could touch it....it was indisputably touched by Oregon before it got to Kelly. The kicker is, it was ruled touched first by Oklahoma, therefore a recoverable ball by the coverage team. It's like the subject of how far the ball had traveled wasn't even on the review team's radar! Let alone that Oregon touched it first.....:eek:

BigUgly
9/16/2006, 07:37 PM
that Kelly was in the position to make the play and the call cost us the game. If the call is correct, we have the ball, Oregon calls their last time out, and we kneel 3 straight for the win, even with an up-and-down defensive game and settling for FGs instead of TDs.

Our players did all that was necessary to pull out a game in a hostile environment against a very good Oregon team.

There is no gnashing of teeth about Venables, poor defense in the last two minutes, FGs instead of TDs. The players deserve more than for the fans to tear down this performance. They won the game. They got robbed. No matter how ****ed you are, I'll bet they feel a thousand times worse right now.

Lets save the critiques of the coaches and players for a few days on this one.

That said, I am really ticked off about "instant replay". What a joke.

AMEN. Well said.

Harris County Sooner
9/16/2006, 07:42 PM
Why do they waste everyone's time with a replay system when they are unwilling to use it to correct a call on the field?