PDA

View Full Version : Video Review...

Sooner Eclipse
9/16/2006, 06:57 PM
...should be eliminated from the game. I didn't think that initially but after 2 seasons, it is ruining this game. Lazy officials and biased replay officials have affected the game negatively in too many ways.

For the most part, refs are deferring to replay instead of calling what they see, especially when it is contrary to what the home crowd wants.

End it NOW............:mad:

Sonner magic923
9/16/2006, 07:08 PM
ya it takes to long and they still cant get it right anyway

boomrsoonr
9/16/2006, 07:22 PM
It's not the reviews that cost us the game, it's the ref reviewing it. The refs on the field got it wrong to begin with. Had there been someone in the booth that didn't need a seeing eye dog to walk to the restroom, the calls on the field would have been overturned and we'd have won the game. The only review that hurt us, was the touchdown run where he stepped out of bounds. But that was a legit call there.

OUBookbabe
9/16/2006, 07:30 PM
Instant replay is supposed to correct calls when they are missed on the field. If they can't or won't, get rid of it. I can take getting beat, not getting screwed over and over and over again by these people.

Egeo
9/16/2006, 08:14 PM
i disagree. we wont always get screwed over. someday, someone will make the right call.

9/16/2006, 08:18 PM
The refs MUST realize that this crap haunts them in some way.

I guess Joe Message Board is there to save the day.

WTF is the point of having a review option?

jk the sooner fan
9/16/2006, 08:23 PM
i dont think it should be done away with, i just think there should be more than ONE official in the booth

Sooner Eclipse
9/16/2006, 08:30 PM
i disagree. we wont always get screwed over. someday, someone will make the right call.

That the problem. I have seen replay used as an excuse to not call a game properly more than I've seen it used to correct an injustice.

And its not just OU games. Before, an official would call a fumble or not, right or wrong. Now they call everything a fumble and think that replay will fix it if its not right. Thats BS. Thats lazy and no excuse for making the right call.

I have yet to see OU get a favorable call in review. I'm sure there is one or two, but I cant remember them. However i can remember several reviews that had clear evidence showing the call should be in OUs favor only to be absolutely phucked by the replay official.:mad:

jk the sooner fan
9/16/2006, 08:34 PM
I have yet to see OU get a favorable call in review.

did you watch the Kansas game last year?

tigepilot
9/16/2006, 08:35 PM
I came here to same the same thing. I felt this way last year after the Tech game. In that game we were screwed by two calls that were easy to see on the review as well as an earlier pass interference call where it couldn't be found on film and the ref couldn't even name the offender but pass interference wasn't reviewable. In fact, refering to the latter, that happened in each of OUs losses last year, each one negating an interception.

This year, we now have the UO game to look at. Before instant replay I was all for it but then I could also understand the missed calles... there's no way an official relying entirely one shot at live action can see everything. Now, I get so mad I don't even really enjoy the game... I'm still steaming. Instant replay in college football is pathetic.

Sooner Eclipse
9/16/2006, 08:50 PM
did you watch the Kansas game last year?

JK, refresh my memory please. Plus, I did say Im sure there are some, just dont remember.

Fraggle145
9/16/2006, 08:53 PM

I guess your ****ing glass is half full...

boomrsoonr
9/16/2006, 09:04 PM
I guess your ****ing glass is half full...

Let's not start fighting each other. Everyone is ****ed off right now, but keep the perspective.

StoopTroup
9/16/2006, 09:07 PM
Replay isn't working.

KABOOKIE
9/16/2006, 09:58 PM
OK. So Replay didn't work........IN THIS GAME and people want to get rid of it? JHC people! If we didn't have replay the call would have been Oregon ball anyway. The replays on the tube would have showed it was a bad call and people would bitch that the refs suck and college football needed Replay Rulings.

All we learned today is that refs are stupid even in reviewing a play slow-motion. :mad:

StoopTroup
9/16/2006, 10:03 PM
I think someone had a gun to their head when they made the call.

85sooners
1/10/2011, 03:53 PM
Fuk the ducks

OU_Sooners75
1/10/2011, 03:53 PM
Stop bumping these old threads...you ****ing tool!

Sooner_Bob
1/10/2011, 03:56 PM
:D

bmjlr
1/10/2011, 06:01 PM
Can't we all just get along? :D