PDA

View Full Version : ALAN PATRICK RECOVERED THE ONSIDE KICK!!!

BoonesFarmSooner
9/16/2006, 06:54 PM
Just watched it again on TIVO. The ball is in the at the 45 with no possession and a bunch of OU/Oregon players in the pile...

The Officials come running over to unpile everyone and to find out who has the ball, but it had already been recovered by Alan Patrick on the 50 yard line.

The officials were looking at the 45 yard line. If anyone recorded the game, go back and look at it. There weren't any Oregon players who had the ball to begin with.

Jewstin
9/16/2006, 07:05 PM
Yep, I saw this. I was going ballistic because the Oregon player touched it, then I was relieved when Patrick came up with it.

Next thing I know, the ref is signaling that it is Oregon's ball when NOBODY in the pile has it. This is probably the most disturbing thing. He runs up to the ref with a couple other players and says, "uh, I have the ball over here" and the ref just waves him off and ignores him.

This is an absolute travesty. If there were ever an instance where a game's decision could be overturned, this is it. With the clock rules and the fact that Oregon only had one timeout, there is absolutely no way OU loses the game.

I am feeling absolutely crushed. I hate to watch good players get cheated.

BoonesFarmSooner
9/16/2006, 07:12 PM
Does anyone know how to video stream it online???

Sooner_Havok
9/16/2006, 07:14 PM
That idiot Fouts even said, "Um, Allen Patrick has the ball"

BermudaSooner
9/16/2006, 07:20 PM
I'm sure someone will have it on youtube.com soon.

BoonesFarmSooner
9/16/2006, 07:37 PM
Pics of Alan Patrick recovering the onside kick. Notice the officials are clueless as to where the ball is....

http://mb22.scout.com/fouinsiderfrm1.showMessageRange?topicID=136975.top ic&start=1&stop=20

rhombic21
9/16/2006, 07:38 PM
http://www.zshare.net/video/robbed3-wmv.html

BigUgly
9/16/2006, 07:41 PM
PLEASE DON'T EVAR DELETE THAT SERIES OF PICS!

YOU, MY MAN, HAVE FOUND THE MISSING SILVER BULLET!

SelmaBamaFan
9/16/2006, 07:42 PM
Wow, just... wow.

BoonesFarmSooner
9/16/2006, 07:46 PM
GREAT VIDEO!

Also, notice that Malcom Kelly when the ball is kicked steps inside the 45 yard line and the Oregon player is to the LEFT of Malcom Kelly who jumped straight up from INSIDE the 45 yard line. That is where the Oregon player touched the ball.

There is no possible way that ball went 10 yards!

Kimberlyz4OU
We were saying the same thing here at my house, even I saw it.......and I was not in a very good state of mind!

That is complete and utter bull****

OUstud
DAMN I JUST SAW IT ON MY NEW DVR...HOLY **** THIS IS AMAZING. SOMEONE NEEDS TO DIE (I.E. OFFICIATING CREW).

The Maestro
9/16/2006, 07:47 PM
BUMP...

Watch the freaking video, people!!!

WE RECOVERED THE KICK ANYWAY!!! LOOK AT ALLAN PATRICK!!!

CatfishSooner
9/16/2006, 07:50 PM
****in' ridiculous...

SelmaBamaFan
9/16/2006, 07:50 PM
This thread needs to be a sticky, and that video needs to be emailed to ESPN, ABC, NBC, and CBS along with a TON of emails disputing the call on the field.

The WORLD needs to know about this ****.

oufan1
9/16/2006, 07:51 PM
wow! how can they get away with that

BoonesFarmSooner
9/16/2006, 07:53 PM
Maestro....

Damn, I wish I was in the AZ boozing it up with you folks tonight! I'm freaking LIVID!

And F U to all these Sooner fans talking about how we didn't deserve to win based on how our defense played. Yeah, they've been disappointing this year - but take a look at the other side of the ball. AD was a freaking STUD out there today and these officials stripped him and PT of a victory.

No two ways about it...

These guys in the replay booth need to be questioned about this. PUBLICLY

Egeo
9/16/2006, 07:53 PM
urge to kill rising!

BoonesFarmSooner
9/16/2006, 07:55 PM
Post of the Century!

Now I know how those TIjuana prostitutes that are in donkey shows feel like.

Unfortunately I have seen BOTH!

Getem
9/16/2006, 07:57 PM
These pics show the ball clearly under #9 which is where the Oregon player knocked it, and where Patrick picked it up.

http://www.ok-wood.com/p1.jpg
http://www.ok-wood.com/p2.jpg

Soonerus
9/16/2006, 07:57 PM
Now I may actually kill a small dog or something....

ClintonSooner
9/16/2006, 07:58 PM
You know what the sad thing is, That I watched espn news and all the news crap to see what they thought....it never made the highlights...I just have this feeling that its not gonna stir up anything

If only we were a college media calibur like USUC :(

noobalicious
9/16/2006, 07:59 PM
Wow...if there was even a shadow of doubt in my mind before this just erased it. Does anyone have the video of the whole debacle where I don't have to download a plugin my computer won't recognize?

Triple hosed: didn't go 10 yards, OU player did not touch it first, we recovered the ball. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it...and thats not just a saying, I probably seriously wouldn't have believed it!! :(

Egeo
9/16/2006, 08:02 PM
i thought they had recovered until i saw that video!

ClintonSooner
9/16/2006, 08:03 PM
and why the hell did he not make a big deal about it and celebrate like he just got the game winning onside kick???

BoonesFarmSooner
9/16/2006, 08:04 PM
The video shows the officials and none of them have any idea where the ball is.

How could they rule Oregon ball when they don't even know where the ball is????

Getem
9/16/2006, 08:10 PM
Xvid video - robbed (http://www.ok-wood.com/robbed2.avi)

tulsaoilerfan
9/16/2006, 08:18 PM
thanks for sharing this guys; i had no idea we even recovered the onside kick, and it makes you wonder what exactly the refs could have seen to give the Ducks the ball; this is the biggest farce since the 84 Texas game

BoonesFarmSooner
9/16/2006, 08:23 PM
I just sent an email to the NCAA, trying to find info on the Pac 10 offices...

www.ncaa.org/cgi-bin/[email protected]&name=Dennis+L.+Poppe

noobalicious
9/16/2006, 08:30 PM
Well on the Clemson - FSU halftime all the guys in the studio groaned and Lou Holtz said "That should have been Oklahoma's ball right there".

So apparently everyone who wasn't officiating that game agrees its OU's ball. How depressing...this will be infinitely worse if we run the table from here on out, so I would at least appreciate a legitimate loss along the way to know that we legitimately lost national title hopes.

Getem
9/16/2006, 08:31 PM
Some more videos
still robbed (http://www.ok-wood.com/robbed1.avi)
f'in robbed (http://www.ok-wood.com/robbed3.avi)

austinsooner80
9/16/2006, 08:32 PM
Screw the NCAA, this was a total farce.....We just got screwed out of a National Championship. I really dont understand, we recovered the ball even though the Oregon player touched it first. What were they looking at, we must be the most hated team in America....Screw ESPN to, so biased, they know what happened and yet spend no time talking about it. And even the longhorn fans on the orangeblood forums are saying that we got robbed so you know something is up with that.

See you all in Dallas so we can take this out on Texasss.

Boomer Sooner

Jewstin
9/16/2006, 08:36 PM
Holy COW.

I, too, didn't think we recovered it ... but this video shows without a shadow of a doubt that:

1.) Oregon committed illegal touching and ...

2.) THEY DIDN'T EVEN RECOVER THE ONSIDE KICK.

The refs had NO IDEA where the football WAS!!! This is LUNACY!

Desert Sapper
9/16/2006, 08:37 PM
ESPN keeps showing it as a game-changing performance, and their clips conveniently make it look like Oregon recovered.

jdsooner
9/16/2006, 08:39 PM
I am sick of referees. :mad:

OUGreg723
9/16/2006, 08:42 PM
I dont even know what to say right now..I want to go to Sonic...MMMMM...

oufan1
9/16/2006, 08:46 PM
ESPN keeps showing it as a game-changing performance, and their clips conveniently make it look like Oregon recovered.
No surprise

Desert Sapper
9/16/2006, 08:47 PM
The ABC guys, Flutie and Craig James came on and said the onside kick call and the interference call were both BS. They were both reviewed. James says replay is BS. Still nothing regarding the recovery by Patrick.

BoonesFarmSooner
9/16/2006, 08:52 PM
That's the crazy thing, nobody is talking about Alan Patrick recovering the fumble because everyone is wound up about Oregon touching it before it goes 10 yards.

It doesn't matter... We recovered the F'ing ball !!!!!!!!!!

noobalicious
9/16/2006, 09:00 PM
I counted the seconds between when the ball hit the ground and when Alan Patrick started to react and it was roughly 2 to 2.5 seconds. Factoring in the delay between seeing the ball and reacting to it...that ball was in the pile less than 2 seconds...and it traveled at least 3 yards...good enough that nobody probably had any possession until WE recovered it.

Unbelievable.

rhombic21
9/16/2006, 09:04 PM
If you watch this clip, which was posted earlier, you can clearly see that Oregon never possessed the ball.

http://www.ok-wood.com/robbed3.avi

The ball hits the Oregon player and then rolls between Iglesias' legs, where Allen Patrick recovers it.

KingDavid
9/16/2006, 09:07 PM
I dont even know what to say right now..I want to go to Sonic...MMMMM...

Gosh. I had no idea that Sonic was serving hard liquor these days.

I just decided to go to 7-11 and try my hand at multiple Colt 45's in a paper bag. If you decide to join me, please check to make sure I am not passed out in your parking space before you pull in.

OUTromBoNado
9/16/2006, 09:34 PM
I hope those refs each some spinach and get E. coli.

Soonerus
9/16/2006, 09:47 PM
PLEASE make this a sticky thread...it is so conclusive...

Tulsa_Fireman
9/16/2006, 09:58 PM
Jesus have mercy.

It's like watching the Zapruder film!

Cash money says they find the pristine stack of hundreds on the ref's hospital gurney. And in that vein...

Who's responsible? The PACyourfudge-10 Mafia? Lyndon Belotti Johnson?

GDC
9/16/2006, 10:03 PM
It doesn't matter if Patrick recovered it, because after the replay the ref says an OU player touched it first before it went ten yards. Is that correct?

Jewstin
9/16/2006, 10:10 PM
That's what the referee and review booth said. Not sure what ****ing replay THEY were looking at. The reason it hit Kelly's helmet was because the Oregon player tipped it into him.

rhombic21
9/16/2006, 10:11 PM
Another look:

http://www.zshare.net/video/jobbed2-wmv.html

GDC
9/16/2006, 10:16 PM
That's what the referee and review booth said. Not sure what ****ing replay THEY were looking at. The reason it hit Kelly's helmet was because the Oregon player tipped it into him.

Right, I'm not agreeing with them, but is that the rule, that if the receiving team touches the ball before it goes ten yards, it goes to the kicking team?

rhombic21
9/16/2006, 10:20 PM
Right, I'm not agreeing with them, but is that the rule, that if the receiving team touches the ball before it goes ten yards, it goes to the kicking team?
No, the rule is that the ball has to go 10 yards, OR the receiving team has to touch it, before the kicking team can recover it. If the receiving team touches it before 10 yards, it simply means that it's a live ball which anybody can recover at that point. If the receiving team doesn't touch it before it travels 10 yards, and the kicking team does, and the kicking team then recovers the ball, that recovery is null and void, and they have to re-kick.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/16/2006, 10:20 PM
Another look:

I appreciate the fact that the Flutie, Holtz, Fouts, etc are agreeing that the Duck touched the ball before 10 yards, but for CrapSakes, why are they not showing this! Unreal!

Tulsa_Fireman
9/16/2006, 10:22 PM
It doesn't matter if Patrick recovered it, because after the replay the ref says an OU player touched it first before it went ten yards. Is that correct?

It's correct that he said it, it's incorrect that it means jack friggin' squat, though.

On a kickoff, the only time it matters that a receiving team player touches the football is when the ball has yet to travel ten yards. Within that ten yards, if a receiving team player touches it, it's live. Until then, the ball MUST travel ten yards before a defensive player touches the football. Which is Getting Jobbed Part 1, because it is obvious that an Oregon player touched the ball BEFORE reaching the ten yard mark, which should result in an illegal touching penalty, resulting in OU's ball at the spot of the foul. Getting Jobbed Part Deux is that the ball was still loose. At this juncture, removing all thoughts of the original touch out of our mind, it's beyond obvious that the ball was still loose, past ten yards, therefore an OU player touching the ball is a moot point. It went ten yards(and then some) before an OU player touched it. That don't matter. At ten yards, it's a live ball. Which leads us to Getting Jobbed Part Tre', the following complete ignoring of Patrick coming up with the football and the simple fact that it wasn't in the pile in the first place, never was controlled, therefore there's no football for Oregon to have, no evidence as to where to spot the football, and no reason to even consider this was UO possession, first down Buttducks.

All on one play, three things of which the on-field officials should've caught, and for SURE the replay officials should've. Hence why it's not just a regular 20 dollar swappin' on top of the table dance. It's a downright concerted effort, because there's too many aspects of that one single play that should've fallen in the Sooners' favor. Too many. Three to be exact. And only one that could lead to it being Duck football, and that's all three things NOT happening.

You CAN'T screw up that call. There's too much there.

Hence why I'm starting to think conspiracy here. Idiocy doesn't even explain it.

GDC
9/16/2006, 10:24 PM
OKay, so if the play had been called correctly (Oregon touched it before it went ten yards) it's Sooner ball, not to mention that Oregon didn't actually recover it anyway.

rhombic21
9/16/2006, 10:28 PM
OKay, so if the play had been called correctly (Oregon touched it before it went ten yards) it's Sooner ball, not to mention that Oregon didn't actually recover it anyway.
Correct. There is no interpretation of the rules that results in Oregon getting the ball, based on what happened, and what the video evidence shows.

Texas Golfer
9/16/2006, 10:28 PM
OU needs to protest the call and, at a minimum, have the replay official fired. This was even worse than the Tech call!

Tulsa_Fireman
9/16/2006, 10:29 PM
Exactly. Considering the closest player to the football was AT the ten yard mark, and was bodied off the ball by the Duck that touched the ball, the touching thing the refs called was...

Well, I don't know WHAT the hell that was. It had jack to do with the play, I know that.

SoonerGOP
9/16/2006, 10:45 PM
OK -- just saw the replays on News9.

Allen recovered the ball. The refs ****ed up by calling the ball down and first down Oregon when it is absolutely clear they didn't even have possession -- they blew their load to quick.

KingDavid
9/16/2006, 10:50 PM
Another look:

Oh my gosh. I cannot believe what I just saw when I watched that.

Please tell me that film was doctored or something. Please tell me it's not that obvious.

Jewstin
9/16/2006, 10:52 PM

That video that got posted is the straw that broke the camel's back. That is proof positive that Oregon never recovered the ball in that pile.

Yowza.

noobalicious
9/16/2006, 10:57 PM
Ummm...wow. :mad:

BoonesFarmSooner
9/16/2006, 10:59 PM
Another look:

OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS!!!!

Is this the Chanel 9 replay that everyone is talking about? How in the FREAK did the officials call that Oregon ball??? They didn't have anyone close to it?????

These officials need to come forth and tell us who from Oregon recovered the onside kick!!!

the_ouskull
9/16/2006, 10:59 PM
Does anybody have a clip of the "incident" that isn't a wmv file...? I can't view those on my computer for some reason...

the_ouskull

AlabamaSooner
9/16/2006, 11:04 PM
As big as the onside kick play was, that pass interference call was just as bad. That play won't get any mention at all, but it deserves to be recognized just as much as the other.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/16/2006, 11:08 PM
Oh my gosh. I cannot believe what I just saw when I watched that.

Please tell me that film was doctored or something. Please tell me it's not that obvious.

Yeah, I threw up after I watched that.:mad:

ClintonSooner
9/16/2006, 11:12 PM
As big as the onside kick play was, that pass interference call was just as bad. That play won't get any mention at all, but it deserves to be recognized just as much as the other.

I would say it had a big impact myself...

KingDavid
9/16/2006, 11:14 PM
Yeah, I threw up after I watched that.:mad:

I have now drunk myself half way to a good puke. I'm looking forward to it, but not quite there yet. I think it will be like therapy and I will sleep in it.

zeke
9/16/2006, 11:17 PM
Oh my gosh, I just watched these replays and I am pi$$ed all over again.

AlbqSooner
9/16/2006, 11:26 PM
Those of you who tivo'd the game can see that as the official is coming up from the pile thinking he knows how to make the call, DJ Wolfe is standing right in front of him pointing to Allen Patrick and the ball. The official just ignored him.

r5TPsooner
9/16/2006, 11:26 PM
Tornado sirens... gotta run!

rhombic21
9/16/2006, 11:36 PM
Another look:

http://russellarch.com/blah/OREGON.mov

KingDavid
9/16/2006, 11:43 PM
Another look:

unbelievable. un-freaking believable.

are you sure this isn't doctored up or something? this is crazy. aren't these officials actually PAID to do this work, professionally? are they not trained to see these things?

why in the world do we have replay if this is what it's going to create: more controversy?

un-freaking-believable.

i need to drink harder and faster.

OSUBeaverFan
9/17/2006, 12:11 AM
WOW! I was focusing so much on the early touch that I totally missed the recovery. That was robbery. How in the hell could the zebras say the Ducks recovered that ball. Sooner fans have every reason to feel robbed without being called sour grapes and crybabies. Unbelievable....

Intentionally Left Blank
9/17/2006, 12:20 AM
Let's ****** the Pac-10 Offices.

http://www.pac-10.org/school-bio/staff-dir.html

noobalicious
9/17/2006, 12:21 AM
WOW! I was focusing so much on the early touch that I totally missed the recovery. That was robbery. How in the hell could the zebras say the Ducks recovered that ball. Sooner fans have every reason to feel robbed without being called sour grapes and crybabies. Unbelievable....

Thanks Beaverfan...I hope you guys can pull off the upset on Nov 25!

Rocker
9/17/2006, 12:23 AM

look at this one!

ClintonSooner
9/17/2006, 12:24 AM
I just love how they keep showing the replay on tv and cut it off and say uo has it...I can even see the ball still moving....GRRRR

Jewstin
9/17/2006, 12:36 AM

look at this one!

Yeah, this video is by far the best I've seen concerning the issue of who has possession. It also has the best angle for the illegal touching.

Damn shame. :\

westcoast_sooner
9/17/2006, 12:46 AM
I was just going to post that last link. I was at the game, and didn't get to see all that. They showed one replay, but couldn't tell much from that. AP was standing there while they unpiling holding the ball. I kept thinking they were going to give us the ball, certainly with replay - after all, replay is supposed to correct mistakes made by the officials on the field, right?

Wouldn't this make our last two "losses" the direct result of blown calls?

F*** the Pac-10.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/17/2006, 12:48 AM
F*** the Pac-10.

Hard. :mad:

Jewstin
9/17/2006, 12:52 AM
So, something interesting ... (I wish I could start my own thread w/ a link to that OREGON.mov file, coupled w/ this):

Now, granted, this is a secondary source and I have no way to back it up, but it comes from a guy on the ESPN forums that I think is a fairly reputable poster that I have had discussions with for quite some time.

No the ref that made the call was PAC10 as well as the replay booth guys. I have also heard that the guy in the replay booth just so happenes to be an employee of Nike as well. I wont leak my source but im sure it will come out soon enough. BTW I am not making it up.

Wouldn't THAT put an interesting twist on things?

An addendum:

I have been informed by a legit source that the replay official as well as another ref on the field are both employees of Nike and have semi direct contact with Phil Knight on a regular basis.

OooOooo, the plot THICKENS. I'm sure this may just be unbridled internet conspiracy talk, but hey ... you never know, eh?

Scotty
9/17/2006, 12:56 AM
Funny. On ESPN radio, they had Dan Fouts (as we all know, a UO alum) give his input on the onside kick. He agreed that the ball was touched before it went 10 yards, but he also said that Patrick got the ball only after one of the UO players had already recovered it. He seemed pretty sure of it, too, but after seeing these videos, I don't know how that's possible.

jdsooner
9/17/2006, 01:16 AM
I just watched it again and there is no way that Oregon recovered the kick. The ball comes squirting out of the pile and lays on the ground before Patrick casually picked it up. No one had any idea where the ball was! It was behind the pile, not in it.

Texas Golfer
9/17/2006, 01:23 AM
Another look:

Someone should send this to ESPN. Or, better yet, FoxSportsNet which broadcasts Big XII games to show the bias of the Pac-10 officiating crews.

sooner518
9/17/2006, 01:57 AM
I was at the game and I thought Patrick had just taken it from an ORegon player on the ground because everyone lost sight of it for so long, so when he did come up with it, it seemed like that. this is absolutely ridiculous. im all ****ed off again.

noobalicious
9/17/2006, 02:13 AM
Pac-10 commissioner Tom Hansen said Saturday night that both the onside kick and pass interference call will be reviewed by the league.

from ESPN. Hopefully those guys aren't as retarded as the guys in the booth were.

Ike
9/17/2006, 02:25 AM
from ESPN. Hopefully those guys aren't as retarded as the guys in the booth were.

Still, what good will it do. They'll review it, say privately "yup, it was a horse**** call" and then publicly state "The officials did the best job they could with the information available"

Jewstin
9/17/2006, 02:26 AM
I have a feeling we're going to get a blanket response about how the officials made their "best effort" considering the environment/intensity, and that they support their attempts at officiating the best possible way ...

Yada yada yada.

Honestly, I'd rather have that. Nothing short of overturning the result of this game will make me feel any different. Adds fuel to the fire for this team the rest of the season. As if this game wasn't enough to begin with.

SoonerGM
9/17/2006, 02:42 AM
So, something interesting ... (I wish I could start my own thread w/ a link to that OREGON.mov file, coupled w/ this):

Now, granted, this is a secondary source and I have no way to back it up, but it comes from a guy on the ESPN forums that I think is a fairly reputable poster that I have had discussions with for quite some time.

No the ref that made the call was PAC10 as well as the replay booth guys. I have also heard that the guy in the replay booth just so happenes to be an employee of Nike as well. I wont leak my source but im sure it will come out soon enough. BTW I am not making it up.

Wouldn't THAT put an interesting twist on things?

An addendum:

I have been informed by a legit source that the replay official as well as another ref on the field are both employees of Nike and have semi direct contact with Phil Knight on a regular basis.

OooOooo, the plot THICKENS. I'm sure this may just be unbridled internet conspiracy talk, but hey ... you never know, eh?

after seeing the play, and i was jumping up and down screaming like a wild gorilla, i was yelling to my family that nike may have paid the refs. now that i have calmed down some... its not really all that far fetched.

SoonerGM
9/17/2006, 02:47 AM
Still, what good will it do. They'll review it, say privately "yup, it was a horse**** call" and then publicly state "The officials did the best job they could with the information available"

thats fine, they can defend the refs all they want. but i still want a W. or how about the game just gets left out of our BCS equation entirely? i mean, why not? if the ncaa can take away a national title from usc for the currently alleged bush scandal, then they should be able to take a loss from our record. the evidence is clear and "undisputable".

Jewstin
9/17/2006, 02:55 AM
after seeing the play, and i was jumping up and down screaming like a wild gorilla, i was yelling to my family that nike may have paid the refs. now that i have calmed down some... its not really all that far fetched.

You know, honestly, the way things shaped up ... and all the solid evidence pouring out of this ball game ...

I really begin to wonder what the heck was going on up there.

I've always hated the fact that we never get to see or hear anything from these people in the review booths. They are like this presence that hovers over the game and has the ability to control its outcome, but to us, they are invisible. Who the heck polices them? Who holds them directly accountable?

I suspect that, often times, referees will make calls on the field KNOWING that if they make that specific call, there is a really good chance there won't be any "indisputable video evidence" crap to overturn it. This is a big reason I believe the officials were so quick to rule a recovery for Oregon. If they get that ruling in, it immediately becomes an uphill battle. I STILL have no idea how the heck they missed Patrick recovering the ball, or how they made ANY kind of decision about who had the ball in the pile when it was squirted out of it almost immediately. Either they were befuddled and saw something that looked like a football (not likely), or they put on one HELLUVA act to pretend as if they did.

It sucks that the call on the field takes such a strong precedence over anything that can be concluded upstairs.

Argh, well, I'm not going to engage in anymore conspiracy theory crap ... but I can't help but smell fish on this one.

nanimonai
9/17/2006, 03:00 AM
I'm sure the Oregon coaches told their players to just go after it and not pay attention to where the ball was (or who recovered it)....they knew a little something that we didn't.

They need to forfeit this game if they have an ounce of integrity.

Ike
9/17/2006, 03:02 AM
thats fine, they can defend the refs all they want. but i still want a W. or how about the game just gets left out of our BCS equation entirely? i mean, why not? if the ncaa can take away a national title from usc for the currently alleged bush scandal, then they should be able to take a loss from our record. the evidence is clear and "undisputable".

actually, the ncaa can't take the national title from usc. the BCS would have to, which is an entirely seperate entity. Also, due to the fact that the BCS is a seperate entity to the ncaa to whom the ncaa has ceeded control of the decision making process as far as national titles are concerned, the BCS would have to make a decision on whether or not they would use the results of this game, as you propose. I seriously doubt they would, just as I seriously doubt the reggie bush scandal will result in USC being stripped of the title.

It sucks, but really, I have a feeling that we won't have any recourse on this one other than to take it up the pooper and come out ripping everyone elses heads off.

Ike
9/17/2006, 03:05 AM
... but I can't help but smell fish on this one.

thats just the replay officials crotchal region...

bri
9/17/2006, 03:08 AM
I think we should start using a new drill in practice this week that involves players picking up a football, walking up to an equipment manager wearing a black and white striped shirt and saying, "Hey, look, I have a football."

Might come in handy down the line. Or, you know, nine hours ago. :D

Wishboned
9/17/2006, 03:58 AM
Jesus have mercy.

It's like watching the Zapruder film!

Cash money says they find the pristine stack of hundreds on the ref's hospital gurney. And in that vein...

Who's responsible? The PACyourfudge-10 Mafia? Lyndon Belotti Johnson?

Well that's the real question, isn't it? Why? The how and the who is just scenery for the public. Oswald, Ruby, Cuba, the Mafia, Mack, Corso. Keeps 'em guessing like some kind of parlor game, prevents 'em from asking the most important question, why? Why was OU screwed? Who benefited? Who has the power to cover it up? Who?

Forward and to the right...forward and to the right...

Jewstin
9/17/2006, 04:01 AM
Well that's the real question, isn't it? Why? The how and the who is just scenery for the public. Oswald, Ruby, Cuba, the Mafia, Mack, Corso. Keeps 'em guessing like some kind of parlor game, prevents 'em from asking the most important question, why? Why was OU screwed? Who benefited? Who has the power to cover it up? Who?

Fundamentally, people are suckers for the truth. And the truth is on your side, Bubba.

nanimonai
9/17/2006, 04:04 AM
I think we should start using a new drill in practice this week that involves players picking up a football, walking up to an equipment manager wearing a black and white striped shirt and saying, "Hey, look, I have a football."

Working on tackilng in practice has proven to be useless so they might as well.

Flagstaffsooner
9/17/2006, 04:08 AM
http://bacaninha.cidadeinternet.com.br/home/secoes/piadas/2004/10/os_espertinhos/referee_blind_lg_nwm.gif

nanimonai
9/17/2006, 04:11 AM
http://bacaninha.cidadeinternet.com.br/home/secoes/piadas/2004/10/os_espertinhos/referee_blind_lg_nwm.gif

I'd almost feel better if it was as simple as them just not seing it.

I have yet to hear of one person in America who saw that and didn't agree it was our ball.

The rabbit hole goes pretty ****ing deep....

SoonerDad
9/17/2006, 06:30 AM
I watched Channel 8 Sports out of Tulsa last night and they plainly show in slow motion advance that NO Oregon player ever had possession of the kick, that the ball squirted between an Oklahoma player's legs and that Patrick Allen recovered the ball. Yet, the officials signaled Oregon's ball without actually seeing anyone from their team WITH the ball. F**king morons! Incompetent boobs! There was no need for replay since no recovery of the kick should have ever been in question. But when given a chance to redeem themselves the officials were evidently discussing an exit strategy from the stadium and decided that it was safer to just give the game to Oregon.

zeke
9/17/2006, 07:35 AM
Someone should send this to ESPN. Or, better yet, FoxSportsNet which broadcasts Big XII games to show the bias of the Pac-10 officiating crews.

I would do that if I was computer literate. someone needs to get these tapes to espn & fox.
At the very least there should be some discussion aboutholding game officials accountable. What if this had been the #1 & #2 ranked teams in the country and the game ended like it did.
What if this costs us a bowl bid that equals losing a couple of million bucks?
Someone please get these replays to Mike & Mike, Cowherd, Dan Patrick ect. get the discussion started about holding game officals accountable.

BoonesFarmSooner
9/17/2006, 07:39 AM
I want the Pac10 to put those officials in a public press conference and have them tell us WHO for Oregon recovered that kick.

Give them 30 replays with all the different angles and see what they can come up with. There is absolutely NO excuse for this.

After sleeping on it, I'm more ****ed off now than I was last night. It's a good thing that I don't live in Walnut Creek, CA - or else the Pac10 would be looking for a new office today!

OKC-SLC
9/17/2006, 08:55 AM

bri, i didn't know you much during your previous tour. and not to inflate your ego too much, but you're fairly humorous at times. well struck.

OKC-SLC
9/17/2006, 09:04 AM
Does anybody have a clip of the "incident" that isn't a wmv file...? I can't view those on my computer for some reason...

the_ouskull
well, i can tell you what is on the video.

the collective alumni and fan bases of OU, the University, Boren, Castiglione, Stoops, the players, and a collection of adorable puppies all lined up on the 45 yard line and promptly took instrumental rape. that's pretty much it.

Oh, and Allen recovered the **** out of the ball.

OKC-SLC
9/17/2006, 09:10 AM
Fundamentally, people are suckers for the truth. And the truth is on your side, Bubba.
I just hope you get a break.

tulsaoilerfan
9/17/2006, 09:18 AM
The officials actually blew the whistle while the ball was on the ground and no one was in possesion of it; listen to the audio and tell me what you think

Texas Golfer
9/17/2006, 09:22 AM
I'm sure the Oregon coaches told their players to just go after it and not pay attention to where the ball was (or who recovered it)....they knew a little something that we didn't.

They need to forfeit this game if they have an ounce of integrity.

Bwahahahaha!!! Oh, I'm sorry. Are you serious? They're out celebrating their "victory".

Texas Golfer
9/17/2006, 09:26 AM
I want the Pac10 to put those officials in a public press conference and have them tell us WHO for Oregon recovered that kick.

Give them 30 replays with all the different angles and see what they can come up with. There is absolutely NO excuse for this.

After sleeping on it, I'm more ****ed off now than I was last night. It's a good thing that I don't live in Walnut Creek, CA - or else the Pac10 would be looking for a new office today!

You actually got to sleep. I couldn't. I'm drunk and am still drinking!

BoonesFarmSooner
9/17/2006, 10:24 AM
You actually got to sleep. I couldn't. I'm drunk and am still drinking!

I was exhausted from kicking the crap outta my dog!!!

Was wearing my OU stuff out last night in Houston - just WAITING for someone to say something to me about it....

stoopified
9/17/2006, 10:34 AM
Like Yogi says deja vu all over again.

BoonesFarmSooner
9/17/2006, 11:29 AM
Since this thread has all the video evidence, I just forwarded it to the Pac 10 conference.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Does anyone have email addresses to Ivan Maisel or some of the other college football analysts?

josh09
9/17/2006, 11:30 AM
Just watched it again on TIVO. The ball is in the at the 45 with no possession and a bunch of OU/Oregon players in the pile...

The Officials come running over to unpile everyone and to find out who has the ball, but it had already been recovered by Alan Patrick on the 50 yard line.

The officials were looking at the 45 yard line. If anyone recorded the game, go back and look at it. There weren't any Oregon players who had the ball to begin with.

ya im pretty sure ive watched it on my tivo about 63 times, hoping that the outcome will change.....

OKC-SLC
9/17/2006, 12:14 PM
Another look:

could someone re-link to this video? the current site is down, and I want to make sure i have the image clear in my mind before I arrange jihad against the west coast.

TIA.

BoonesFarmSooner
9/17/2006, 12:31 PM
Joe C. needs to fly to the Pac 10 offices, kick some *** and then take the contract we have for the home and home with Washington (and any other agreements with Pac10 schools) and rip them up.

I would have loved to go to the game against Washington in '08, but after this - we need to wash our hands of the Pac 10!

Sooner Stew
9/17/2006, 12:35 PM
What I don't understand is how did the booth review mfer not see that...my grandpa is legally blind and he could've seen that..its in plain view!! what a video shot...this will be shown all year...especially if we run the table

BoonesFarmSooner
9/17/2006, 12:39 PM
Great Video on Newsok.com:

http://www.newsok.com/video/39145

This from Chanel 9

freshchris05
9/17/2006, 12:39 PM
well u cant say u cant blame oregon their players where celebrating like they had it... chong whatever his f*ckin name is(f*ckin bastard i hope he gets malaria) comes up out of the pile celebrating and everyones on his nuts, it confused the dumb *ss officials... im suprised no one handed him a ball on the sidelines and said hey he gots it... ive been watching this thing over and over like the kennedy assassination and bother still smell like bull sh*t

bri
9/17/2006, 12:54 PM
Joe C. needs to fly to the Pac 10 offices, kick some *** and then take the contract we have for the home and home with Washington (and any other agreements with Pac10 schools) and rip them up.

Yeah, that hair-lipped nancy boy won't let us boo the other team...I somehow don't see him possessing the set to pull something like that.

Remember, kids...standing up for yourself is for losers.

KingDavid
9/17/2006, 02:30 PM
Moderator/Admin request - is there a chance we can make this a sticky post and/or consolidate the videos in one place? This thread has all the best video.

KingDavid
9/17/2006, 02:47 PM

look at this one!

Rocker, where did it go? I can't access it anymore. Will you please repost the new location. This was the best video yet.

KingDavid
9/17/2006, 03:01 PM
To a new reader: if you have any doubts about the bufu we received, please review this post paying close attention to the videos. I'm doing my best to keep it live!

Jewstin
9/17/2006, 03:07 PM
I have a copy of the OREGON.mov saved to my computer, but I don't have anywhere I can upload it w/ enough bandwidth. My OU account is severely limited.

I can e-mail to anyone who has somewhere they can put it up.

Jpete3030
9/17/2006, 03:11 PM
What is sad is that Oregon didn't even recover the kick off.
* not 10 yards
* interfering before 10 yards
* The don't even recover the kick off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IhHPggLpSY

Through the legs P. Allen # 23 recovers the kick off. Enough said Pac-10 officials help thier team get a win. Plus make the call the pass was tipped. after you have already screwed a team you do it again. WOW.

daMentor
9/17/2006, 04:38 PM
I didn't even realize during the game that we had recovered it. What exactly are these officials good for if they blow HUGE calls like that. Unreal. They wouldn't be able to give us the game now (I don't think), but the Pac 10 officials need to come forward and and admit they blew that call.. etc..

StoopTroup
9/17/2006, 04:52 PM
I was paying so much attention to the 10 yard thing that you forget about the possession thing.

The "jobbed" video is pretty fast and hard to see the ball.

Until I saw this "robbed" video...I was unsure about Allen Patrick having possession.

Spek to BoonesFarmSooner for this thread.

Here's the video...watch the ball...not the 10 yard fiasco.

Robbed (http://www.zshare.net/video/robbed3-wmv.html)

handcrafted
9/17/2006, 07:43 PM
Well now...the OREGON.mov video is gone. When you try to download it, you get 'OREGON2.mov' which is somebody's idea of a joke.

The Maestro
9/17/2006, 07:51 PM
I'm still in disbelief that ANYONE from Oregon is talking about it. I read a quote from The Oregonian newspaper where Chung says he recovered the kickoff but was afraid the refs would overturn it.

I'm still miserable...and quit bashing our defense. Oregon's pretty good and if we had not gone to the prevent defense the numbers wouldn't be so impressive.

mfosterftw
9/17/2006, 08:09 PM
Well now...the OREGON.mov video is gone. When you try to download it, you get 'OREGON2.mov' which is somebody's idea of a joke.

I managed to save it late last night and threw it on YouTube...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AMX_17icIHg

Marc

gooklahoma
9/17/2006, 08:12 PM
It is the worst calls in college football history.

BoonesFarmSooner
9/18/2006, 11:07 AM
Let's ****** the Pac-10 Offices.

http://www.pac-10.org/school-bio/staff-dir.html

Just sent Berry Tramel's article from today to these guys. Also sent it to the NCAA.

Veritas
9/18/2006, 01:37 PM
Hey guys, I don't have time to read through the entire thread (busy at work), so I apologize if this version of the video has already been posted. I just got it forwarded to me and immediately wanted to post it here.

It's a nicely edited version of the game tape slowing down the scene.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o82YHoHhgyI

I didn't think it could get worse than the Henderson call last year. Turns out it can. Three times worse.

melbitoast
9/18/2006, 01:46 PM
For those of you with the capability, please condense all these replay videos onto a tape or dvd or something, and walk it straight into Castiglione's and Boren's offices. If they're going to protest this, these videos are vital. I'm sure they've already got some video, but the more evidence the better.

OhYouSooner
9/18/2006, 02:45 PM
This is almost identical to how Oregon beat Fresno State last year! After the game and amidst a fury of protest, the officiating was reviewed by Verle Sorgen. After reviewing a tape of the game: "There were at least five decisions that were incorrect....That won't happen again."
The PAC 10 loves there home-cookin' and refuses to allow anyone else to officiate there home game, at the same time they want to whine about not getting any respect. What a crock!!!
Bottom Line...This display of total bias and disregard for justice will only serve to push Oregon and the PAC 10 further from national legitamacy.

OklahomaRed
9/18/2006, 03:14 PM
TTT :D