PDA

View Full Version : To whom do we voice our opinion on refs and instant replays?

SwooshOU
9/16/2006, 06:39 PM
Name and number please.

And I'm very serious.

afs
9/16/2006, 06:42 PM
nobody. that's the beauty of the NCAA.

Kimberlyz4OU
9/16/2006, 06:42 PM
Oh, I hear ya Swoosh........I am right there with you!

dmac75287
9/16/2006, 06:47 PM
Contact the NCAA National Office
The National Collegiate Athletic Association
700 W. Washington Street
P.O. Box 6222
Indianapolis, Indiana 46206-6222

BoomerSooner79
9/16/2006, 06:49 PM
Let the letters fly.... No question about it, we got rooked.

dmac75287
9/16/2006, 07:03 PM
Oregon's contact information:

http://web1.ncaa.org/ssLists/orgInfo.do?orgID=529

BoonesFarmSooner
9/16/2006, 07:07 PM
Probably better to contact the NIKE office....

jdh0f0
9/16/2006, 07:14 PM
I sent a message to the NCAA College Football Issues Committee here:

http://www.ncaa.org/cgi-bin/[email protected]&name=Dennis+L.+Poppe

Dio
9/16/2006, 07:16 PM
I want addresses.

The refs addresses.

Kimberlyz4OU
9/16/2006, 07:22 PM
I sent one too........dammit.........I'm still ****ed off!!

GAH!!

tbl
9/16/2006, 07:29 PM
Here's what I sent....

http://www.ncaa.org/cgi-bin/[email protected]&name=NCAA+Public+Relations

I am in awe of what transpired this afternoon in the closing minutes of the Oklahoma/Oregon game at Autzen Field in Oregon. As your rules clearly state, the ball must travel ten yards before the kicking team can touch the ball. In front of the entire country, what was obvious to everybody watching the game (including the ABC commentator who is an Oregon alumni), was apparently not so clear to the dope in the review booth. Aside from that, an Oklahoma player actually recovered the ball after it bounced out of the pile.

Again, the same crew blew a pass interference call, claiming the ball was not tipped by the Oklahoma defense before reaching the receiver that was "interfered" with. Apparently the laws of physics no longer apply in the review booth, as the ball obviously changed it's trajectory after the Oklahoma lineman touched it.

Some course of action should be made and there should be harsh repurcussions for this officiating crew, in particular the review official. At the least, an official apology should be issued to Bob Stoops and the entire Oklahoma organization. I don't foresee the NCAA overruling the final outcome of the game, as that is unprecedented, however that would truly be the proper thing to do.

Cam
9/16/2006, 07:30 PM
PACIFIC-10 CONFERENCE
1350 Treat Blvd., Suite 500
Walnut Creek, CA 94597-8853

Phone: (925) 932-4411 Fax: (925) 932-4601

Coordinator of Football Officiating: Verle Sorgen

Duke o Brewery
9/16/2006, 08:43 PM
Here is what I emailed to Oregon's President and Athletics Director:

Sir, as you are no doubt aware, the University of Oregon football team played today against the Sooners of the University of Oklahoma. My compliments to the Ducks on their excellent performance today. However, you are undoubtedly also aware of the blatant, failure of the game officiating crew during the closing minutes of that game.

Allow me to preface my comments by saying that I have been a fan of all levels of football for decades, and I have seen countless officiating mistakes and successes. This incident at Autzen stadium is, beyond a doubt, the single worst display of incorrect officiating directly deciding the final outcome of a football game, that I have ever seen at any level of the sport. Todays game officals displayed an unprecidented and outrageous level of incompetence and their conclusively incorrect calls on the Ducks' late onside kick and the subsequent pass intereference penalty against Oklahoma are what made the Ducks' 'game winning' touchdown possible. Ethical integrity demands that these officials be held accountable for their inexusable actions.

Certainly we should all be conscious of life's priorities and keep the game of football in perspecive; this I cannot argue with. I also feel that the University of Oregon and the University of Oklahoma have always exemplifed the utmost sportsmanship, respect, dignity, and ethical integrity. Nonetheless, I implore you, sir, to take action to rectify the two officiating failures by today's game officials. I feel that a situation of such blatant injustice on the part of the game officials, which has been witnessed by the entire national television audience, cannot be accepted without being set right or seriously discussed by those in positions of authority. I honestly believe that the integrity and sportsmanship of the Pacific-Ten and the Big Twelve conferences is at stake, and that the officials' conduct in this game warrents extraordinary actions and measures.

Division 1 College Football is a huge business in our day and age, as you well know, and it's an even more passionate pastime in our nation. Games, especially ones between non-conference competitors dictate the flow of millions of dollars and the passions of millions more fans. The officials in this game made two calls that were blatanly incorrect and those calls directly affected the outcome of this very important athletic contest. With all due respect to the University of Oregon Ducks and the Oklahoma Sooners, it was the officiating crew, not the student athlets and coaches on the field, who dictated the final score of this game.Please understand that I hold your university and athletic department in the utmost respect.

I respectfully request, sir, that you direct your energies into attempting to rectify this situation in whatever way available to you. I will be sending this same request to other OU, UO, Big XII, and Pac-10 officials and coaches. Thank you for your time and your efforts in this unpleasant matter.

Respectfully,

aero
9/16/2006, 08:48 PM
I sent one, also. I'm still in disbelief. I wish Congress would open investigations into the NCAA. What happened today reeks of gambling. How else can it be explained? I mentioned in my email that I would no longer be purchasing NCAA merchandise nor products of advertisers. As much as it may hurt, I will no longer be watching NCAA televised events (other than commercials to find out advertisers). What's the point? College football used to be the best but actually look at what it has become. MONEY, MONEY, MONEY. I can't believe something actually was worse than last years TT game. Something tells me the bookies don't want OU around the top. Nothing can ever change my love for the SOONERS and I will cheer for them till they put me under and I'm instilling the faith in my kids but I'm done with college football.

Desert Sapper
9/16/2006, 09:32 PM
My letter to the NCAA:

Mr. Poppe,
I am outraged at the failure of PAC-10 Conference officials in the game between Oklahoma and Oregon in Eugene this past Saturday. This game was not decided on the field of play, and has been mentioned nationally on ESPN and ABC sports for its erroneous decision following a review of a questionable call during an onside kick.

During the game, the announcers (one of which is an Oregon alumnus) and fans recognized that the kick was touched by an Oregon player before the 10 yard requirement. The official, despite clear video evidence, ruled that the play stood as called. In addition to this, an Oregon player did not even recover the ball. Reviewing the game recording, it is clearly evident that Oklahoma Running Back Allen Patrick (#23) had recovered the ball prior to the whistle being blown. This missed call allowed Oregon to have additional plays that they would not otherwise have had and ultimately decided the final outcome of the game.

Were this not enough, the following play was reviewed (a broken up Oregon pass ruled as interference despite a tipped ball at the line of scrimmage). Again, the booth official ruled with the call on the field, despite clear evidence to the contrary. In my opinion, something needs to be done about this unfortunate series of events. The NCAA should make a decision regarding this failure and issue a statement. It is, without a doubt, the single worst incident of blatantly wrong decision-making by officials I have ever seen in nearly 3 decades of football. I appreciate your time.

AimForCenterMass
9/16/2006, 10:02 PM
I have to post this. It just makes me feel better. The following is what I wrote to the NCAA, via the link provided from a post earlier.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message. I'm sure the NCAA has already received thousands of emails within the past few hours regarding the Oklahoma/Oregon game. Really, I'm probably just beating a dead horse by repeating what has already been brought by Sooner fans across the nation, but I feel compelled to write because I believe the integrity of NCAA football is at stake.

Please, take the time to watch the last few minutes of the game. First of all, Oklahoma's Allen Patrick recovered the ball. The officials, looking as if they were bought out, immediately ran to a pile and signalled that Oregon had the ball. However, the ball wasn't in the pile. Allen Patrick had the ball the whole time. Even if AP didn't recover the ball, an Oregon player touched the ball before it passed ten yards making the play illegal. Either way, Oklahoma should have had possession of the football. Watch it. The video evidence is CONCLUSIVE. Now, listen to what the official said. He claimed there was CONCLUSIVE video evidence indicating Oklahoma touched the ball first!

Now, let's not forget the pass interference call which was again, blown by the officiating crew. There is CONCLUSIVE video evidence indicating the ball WAS tipped at the line of scrimmage. The ball started as a spiral and then wobbled after being touched by an OU defensive player. This was another blown call.

In conclusion, I feel that Oklahoma was cheated out of a hard fought victory. Allen Patrick recovered the kick. Even if he didn't recover the kick, the fact Oregon touched the ball BEFORE it passed ten yards makes the play illegal. Regardless of whether or not AP recovered the ball, it should have been Oklahoma's possession. What happened tonight was not a mistake. It was intentional. The officials, or whoever else was involved with tonight's travesty, tainted the integrity of NCAA football. It is your obligation to do something about it. If the NCAA has ANY integrity at all, you will at least publicly acknowledge the cheating involved in tonights game. You invistigate players and schools for everything. It's time you investigate officials for cheating the game.

Dio
9/16/2006, 10:06 PM
I'd still rather just burn the *******s houses down.

Dio
9/16/2006, 10:09 PM
...or at least slip them some of that e-coli spinach

AimForCenterMass
9/16/2006, 10:12 PM
Sorry for posting this. It just makes me feel better. The following is what I wrote to the NCAA, via the link provided earlier in the thread. You, as an Oklahoma fan, have an obligation to write and inspire others to write the NCAA and everyone else associated with college football. Terrorists blow themselves up to get media attention. I thought, at first, that might be a channel we could take to bring some attention to this matter; then I came to my senses. Note: I do not condone humans blowing themselves to a red mist. Even if I did, I know I wouldn't be standing in the volunteer line. However, I think we could stir up a storm by writing everyone, including the media.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message. I'm sure the NCAA has already received thousands of emails within the past few hours regarding the Oklahoma/Oregon game. Really, I'm probably just beating a dead horse by repeating what has already been brought by Sooner fans across the nation, but I feel compelled to write because I believe the integrity of NCAA football is at stake.

Please, take the time to watch the last few minutes of the game. First of all, Oklahoma's Allen Patrick recovered the ball. The officials, looking as if they were bought out, immediately ran to a pile and signalled that Oregon had the ball. However, the ball wasn't in the pile. Allen Patrick had the ball the whole time. Even if AP didn't recover the ball, an Oregon player touched the ball before it passed ten yards making the play illegal. Either way, Oklahoma should have had possession of the football. Watch it. The video evidence is CONCLUSIVE. Now, listen to what the official said. He claimed there was CONCLUSIVE video evidence indicating Oklahoma touched the ball first!

Now, let's not forget the pass interference call which was again, blown by the officiating crew. There is CONCLUSIVE video evidence indicating the ball WAS tipped at the line of scrimmage. The ball started as a spiral and then wobbled after being touched by an OU defensive player. This was another blown call.

In conclusion, I feel that Oklahoma was cheated out of a hard fought victory. Allen Patrick recovered the kick. Even if he didn't recover the kick, the fact Oregon touched the ball BEFORE it passed ten yards makes the play illegal. Regardless of whether or not AP recovered the ball, it should have been Oklahoma's possession. What happened tonight was not a mistake. It was intentional. The officials, or whoever else was involved with tonight's travesty, tainted the integrity of NCAA football. It is your obligation to do something about it. If the NCAA has ANY integrity at all, you will at least publicly acknowledge the cheating involved in tonights game. You invistigate players and schools for everything. It's time you investigate cheating by officials.

85sooners
1/10/2011, 03:52 PM
Fuk Oregon