PDA

View Full Version : Stoops seems to be more likely to defend bad play than criticize

gnostic19
9/16/2006, 04:17 PM
Anyone notice that, at least during halftime interviews ,Stoops doesn't call out bad play by his team like he used to. He always used to tell it like it is. He has, at least the last 3 weeks, made a point to explain away poor performances. He just said the defense had 2 bad plays the whole half.
I think this is a bad sign...this trend. It may say that he is incapable of correcting the bad play(for whatever reason). Why else would he be so protective of poor performances?

GottaHavePride
9/16/2006, 04:21 PM
I think I'd be more ****ed if he sat there calling out players at halftime of a game we're still capable of winning. Whatever he's thinking probably isn't polite enough to be said on TV, and if he just blew off the question everyone would jump on him for being an *** to the media. WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT FROM HIM???

;)

oupride
9/16/2006, 04:26 PM
I think I'd be more ****ed if he sat there calling out players at halftime of a game we're still capable of winning. Whatever he's thinking probably isn't polite enough to be said on TV, and if he just blew off the question everyone would jump on him for being an *** to the media. WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT FROM HIM???

;)
Agree. These sideline reporters think its their right to jump into the face of the coaches at halftime. I personally feel Stoops is disappointed but was polite giving the interview. Is he required to do so? I would not think so. Does anybody know if he is required to answer questions?

gnostic19
9/16/2006, 04:35 PM

;)

He's always given halftime interviews but he hasn't always diverted from reality when assessing the team's play.

sooner-n-ga
9/16/2006, 05:07 PM
They always interview the losing coach before half and the winning coach after halftime, don't know what they do when the teams are tied.