PDA

View Full Version : Taco Bell in Norman

SicEmBaylor
9/15/2006, 11:26 PM
So, to make a long story short, I had to run home this weekend just to pick up my damned grandmother at the airport. I love my grandmother, but I didn't want to come back this weekend. She's a very old woman and couldn't find her way out of a 10x10 one room building.

Anywhoo, after picking her up at the airport tonight I was driving her back and we decided to stop at Taco Bell in Norman. I get in there and the OSU women's soccer team is in there (apparently they beat OU tonight). The guy is taking my order when he says to me, quitely, "omg I left my broom and dust pan over there" then he looks up at the chaos of the OSU women's team and says, "my god I'll never get it back..."

critical_phil
9/15/2006, 11:30 PM
wow, did i ever waste a perfectly good neal page/del griffith quote and pic.

sorry norm.

BajaOklahoma
9/15/2006, 11:54 PM
SicEm, your grandkids are going to hate you too one of these days.

SicEmBaylor
9/15/2006, 11:57 PM
SicEm, your grandkids are going to hate you too one of these days.

I don't hate her, but since my grandfather died she doesn't have anyone else to pick her up. I came up earlier and hung out at her house until this evening which sucked becuase the place smells like mothballs (no joke).

She went to visit her sister from Oregon and take a trip to Vegas where she blew her money on the penny slot machines (I didn't even know they had penny slot machines). In fact, I'm pretty srue they don't have penny slot machines...knowing her she was forcing pennies in the dollar machines.

King Crimson
9/16/2006, 12:09 AM
you gotta respect your grandparents. that's just the way it is.

SicEmBaylor
9/16/2006, 12:12 AM
:sigh: i do i do. More than you could know.
I just hate driving many hours north, but I would never have let her take a cab or find her own way home.

Anywhoo, you're all missing the point of the thread. ;)

GottaHavePride
9/16/2006, 12:18 AM
Yeah, from Waco that's proabably what, at least 12 hours round-trip and over $100 in gas just to pick your grandmother up at the airport? Probably would have been cheaper to pay for a limo to pick her up. ;)

SicEmBaylor
9/16/2006, 12:30 AM
Yeah, from Waco that's proabably what, at least 12 hours round-trip and over $100 in gas just to pick your grandmother up at the airport? Probably would have been cheaper to pay for a limo to pick her up. ;)

I had to come home anyway in a week or two to get some stuff, but yeah. It's not 6 hours though.

LoyalFan
9/16/2006, 06:31 AM
The last time I went to a Taco Bell here in San Antonio it was full of "undocumented" persons trying to arrange for phone service.

"For Eengleesh, press Juan."

Just an observation...

LF

Eddie Money
9/16/2006, 09:34 AM
Three things:

1.) SicEm, I don't get it - the broom thing; I'm sure you love your Grandma despite all the bashing everyone is giving you, but the point of the story went over my head.

2.) Is it all Taco Bells now that start saying "Hi, how you doing?" when you pull up to the drive thru instead of "May I take your order?" or "Would you like to try a gordita today?" I'm not sure how I feel about that because I always politely respond with "Fine, how are you?", which of course takes up a lot of time. On the other hand, I don't have to feel bad about turning down an offer to try the latest concoction from Taco Bell. I think I like that.

3.) After Beer and Sex, Taco Bell is the number one thing troops overseas look forward to about going home. God bless America!

SoonerJack
9/16/2006, 10:01 AM
don't be dissin' Memaw now.