PDA

View Full Version : Mangino, seriously

achiro
9/15/2006, 11:17 PM
I know that he is the big end of a bunch of jokes around here but in all seriousness...at what point do people around him, like the KU folks, sit him down and talk to him about his weight. The man is huge and just keeps getting bigger. It has to affect his coaching ability. Whether its an energy thing or even a respect issue with the players.
I've dealt with weight issues all my life so I understand how it can happen, anyway it's just sad to see.

Vaevictis
9/15/2006, 11:57 PM
GET IN MAH BELLAY!

Soonerus
9/16/2006, 12:15 AM
I believe Mangino must have a medical issue that results in his extreme obesity, I refuse to bash him for medical maladies, otherwise he seems like a great guy...

royalfan5
9/16/2006, 12:18 AM
I just hope he doesn't drop dead in the middle of a game. That much weight isn't right for a normal human heart, plus the stress of being a D-1 coach. I'm kind of surprised he hasn't had a catastropic health issue already.

Chuck Bao
9/16/2006, 12:23 AM
Oh gawd. Some people are just big boned.

And some of you with chicken legs, and you know who you are, should also be ashamed to appear in public.

ssts.

Ash
9/16/2006, 12:24 AM
I just hope he doesn't drop dead in the middle of a game. That much weight isn't right for a normal human heart, plus the stress of being a D-1 coach. I'm kind of surprised he hasn't had a catastropic health issue already.

This is what concerns me and makes me refrain from the fat jokes. He might have a condition, I don't know. But at this size, he literally is cardiac arrest waiting to happen. That's not funny no matter how you look at it.

Majerus was in a similar situation and had to bow out of coaching for health reasons.

Sure he's so big his arms look like T-rex arms, and all the other jokes. But when I see him I do wonder if he's got a condition and I think he's walkin' the edge.

Pretty sad.

Soonerus
9/16/2006, 12:26 AM
Like I said. from all reports while he was in Norman, he is a great guy, with a great family...

handcrafted
9/16/2006, 08:41 AM
That's right...BCS.

fadada1
9/16/2006, 08:48 AM
Like I said. from all reports while he was in Norman, he is a great guy, with a great family...
and therefore the concern. hopefully he'll lose some soon. dude really does look like he's reached critical mass and is about to pop.

sanantoniosooner
9/16/2006, 08:51 AM
How many assistants are just waiting for the oportunity to step from under his shadow?

Flagstaffsooner
9/16/2006, 08:59 AM
I love the guy and hope nothing bad happens to him.

mrowl
9/16/2006, 09:01 AM
I believe Mangino must have a medical issue that results in his extreme obesity, I refuse to bash him for medical maladies, otherwise he seems like a great guy...

yes, the medical issue is "I must drive through mcdonalds every day"

Here is a guy who could benefit from the thumb stomach.

OKC-SLC
9/16/2006, 09:34 AM
While there are a few medical issues that can result in excess weight, his distribution of weight is not typical for the ones often seen.

I hope if/when he gets a wake up call, he is able to react to it and reform his life.

Stitch Face
9/16/2006, 10:24 AM
I love the guy and hope nothing bad happens to him.

I hope he tears an ACL!

;)