PDA

View Full Version : Muslims Go Off The Deep End.......Again

FaninAma
9/15/2006, 01:08 PM
Over yet more seemingly inoccous comments. Talk about an insecure group of people.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213930,00.html

BTW, the 14th century emperor who actually made the statement that has the Muslim world's collective panties in a wad is absolutely spot on in his observations.

Mjcpr
9/15/2006, 01:09 PM
You remember the **** storm from the CARTOON that dared show the face of Mohammed, right?

Freaks.

Fugue
9/15/2006, 01:11 PM
You remember the **** storm from the CARTOON that dared show the face of Mohammed, right?

Freaks.

someone has that for an avie, cracks me up.

mdklatt
9/15/2006, 01:13 PM
"The emperor comes to speak about the issue of jihad, holy war," the pope said. "He said, I quote, 'Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached.'"

Benedict did not explicitly agree with the statement nor repudiate it.

Why did he say it in the first place? We clearly need some more context.

sooner_born_1960
9/15/2006, 01:17 PM
He said to see for himself if they were all wussy, cry babies. Looks like they are.

TUSooner
9/15/2006, 01:21 PM
The trouble with many Muslims is that they don't understand that most of the "offensive" things we Western infidels say about them are DEAD SOLID TRUE.

Howzit
9/15/2006, 01:28 PM
I have been thinking about this since the reaction to the cartoons some time back. I am not an expert on the Muslim faith, but have done a little reading, so I tried to frame things in my mind from the Muslim perspective, from a historical perspective.

I have pondered, I have meditated, and I believe after putting time and energy into this endeavor I have reached an inexorable conclusion from which I shant waver.

F u c k. them.

OklahomaTuba
9/15/2006, 01:31 PM
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/pictures/20060215Philippines01.jpg
Oh, now he's gone and done it...

Widescreen
9/15/2006, 01:31 PM
I have been thinking about this since the reaction to the cartoons some time back. I am not an expert on the Muslim faith, but have done a little reading, so I tried to frame things in my mind from the Muslim perspective, from a historical perspective.

I have pondered, I have meditated, and I believe after putting time and energy into this endeavor I have reached an inexorable conclusion from which I shant waver.

F u c k. them.
Oh great, now they're going to start rioting again. Way to go. :mad:

Mjcpr
9/15/2006, 01:48 PM

F u c k. them.

Way to go, dude. We should have the neg spek jihad and peem bombings any minute now.

crawfish
9/15/2006, 01:50 PM

F u c k. them.

I wonder if there's an extra bed in Salman Rushdie's room?

Miko
9/15/2006, 02:02 PM
Muslim world's collective panties in a wad is absolutely spot on in his observations.

How can you continually get your panties in a wad, when you never unwad them???? :rolleyes:

BeetDigger
9/15/2006, 02:05 PM
The following is an excerpt from the forthcoming book entitled "The Satonic Verses, part deaux"

F u c k. them.

Flagstaffsooner
9/15/2006, 02:09 PM
You go Pope dude!

http://www.lifewithachild.de/C1811827678/E593685057/Media/the%20new%20pope.jpg

Legend of Ron Mexico
9/15/2006, 02:35 PM
"Anyone who describes Islam as a religion as intolerant encourages violence," Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Tasnim Aslam said.
This is ironic.

SoonerProphet
9/15/2006, 02:43 PM
I'm sure that Byzantine Emperor Paleologos II was completely unbiased in his assessment, especially as the Seljuks set up to knock his *** down.

Sooner_Havok
9/15/2006, 03:03 PM
What? They say we are violent? Well we will show them, get them bombs boys, we're blowing some sh*t up! This will prove to the west that Islam is truely the religion of peace!

Sounds about right :rolleyes:

tbl
9/15/2006, 03:14 PM
This is ironic.
That's the funny part about this. Any time they're accused of being violent, they get mad and then.... GET VIOLENT!!! I feel like I'm in an old George Carlin skit.

SCOUT
9/15/2006, 03:27 PM
"The emperor comes to speak about the issue of jihad, holy war," Benedict said. "He said, I quote, 'Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached.'"

Did the Muslim leaders offer any examples of things Mohammed added that were non-violent? I am not saying that he didn't add anything, I am just asking the question. It seems to me that if you are so offended by this comment you would refute the accuracy of it with examples.

WILBURJIM
9/15/2006, 04:04 PM
This thread needs some music and dancing.

http://www.glumbert.com/media/rave

Widescreen
9/15/2006, 04:34 PM
ADMIT THAT WE'RE PEACEFUL OR DIE!!!111!!!!!

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/15/2006, 04:58 PM
My favorite Islamic momemt was when the Islamic-Protection people in America got very angry with the WWE because the Islamic wrestler, always used physical violence to get his point across. He is a Damn wrestler!!! What is he supposed to do, say "No, Sorry, Mr. Steve Austin..I humbly disagree." It would be like them bitching about a UFC guy.

mdklatt
9/15/2006, 05:11 PM
The Muslims sure do get riled up easy. It's like someobody wished them a Happy Holiday instead of a Merry Ramadan.

:pop:

OCUDad
9/15/2006, 06:57 PM
Did the Muslim leaders offer any examples of things Mohammed added that were non-violent? I am not saying that he didn't add anything, I am just asking the question. It seems to me that if you are so offended by this comment you would refute the accuracy of it with examples.Examples? EXAMPLES? We don't got to show you no stinkin' examples!

TUSooner
9/15/2006, 07:02 PM
ADMIT THAT WE'RE PEACEFUL OR DIE!!!111!!!!!
:D :D :D
I will somehow work that into at least 7 conversations this week. :D :D :D

OUinFLA
9/16/2006, 06:34 AM
Comments from Muslim leaders around the world (http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2006/9/16/183128.html?title=Muslim%20leaders%20demand%20apol ogy%20from%20pope)

this one especially made me reread it a couple of times:

Outside the Palestinian Embassy in Jakarta, police looked on as protesters stood behind the gates waving flags while organizer Heri Budianto shouted, "God is great."

"Of course as we know the meaning of Jihad can only be understood by Muslims," Budianto told the crowd. "Only Muslims can understand what Jihad is. It is impossible that Jihad can be linked with violence, we Muslims have no violent character."

Jerk
9/16/2006, 06:37 AM
Yeah, I know, your should be you're.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/672/nukessp7.jpg

jeremy885
9/16/2006, 07:44 AM
someone has that for an avie, cracks me up.

heh.

Widescreen
9/17/2006, 02:15 AM
OK, I just read that crap about how the Pope saying he regrets his remarks isn't enough - the Muslims want a personal apology. So I guess the next time the imams call for the deaths of Christians and Jews, they'll be forthcoming with a heartfelt apology? The double-standard is remarkable. The Pope speaks the truth but doesn't suggest anything violent and they go ape-sh!t. Islamic clerics calling for holy war and death for all unbelievers is just "the way they roll". :rolleyes:

VeeJay
9/17/2006, 01:35 PM
Howzit said "F" them and I am inclined to agree.

And not in any romantic, loving kind of way.

Okla-homey
9/17/2006, 02:44 PM
This highlights the fact it is impossible to reason with these people. Therefore, I think its generally best just to kill them and move on.;)

PhilTLL
9/18/2006, 01:24 AM
"The emperor comes to speak about the issue of jihad, holy war," Benedict said. "He said, I quote, 'Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached.'"

But that was the Middle Ages, forced conversion is a historical relic! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Centanni)

Okla-homey
9/18/2006, 08:28 AM
Religion of peace my big white Okie a$$. These people are insane. They likely killed this poor woman who dedicated her life to healing the helpless simply because she was a member of a Catholic holy order.

MOGADISHU (Reuters) - Gunmen killed an Italian nun at a children's hospital in Mogadishu on Sunday in an attack that drew immediate speculation of links to Muslim anger over the Pope's recent remarks on Islam.

The Catholic nun's guard also died from pistol shots in the latest attack on foreign personnel in volatile Somalia.

The assassinations were a blow to Mogadishu's new Islamist rulers' attempt to prove they have pacified one of the world's most lawless cities since chasing out warlords in June.

The bodyguard died instantly, but the nun, from the Missionaries of the Consolation order based in Nepi near Rome, was rushed into an operating theater after being hit by three or four bullets in the chest, stomach and back.

"She died in the hospital treatment room," doctor Ali Mohamed Hassan told Reuters. "She was shot outside the hospital, going to her house just across the gate."

A nun from the Missionaries order identified her as sister Leonella Sgorbati, born in 1940, in Piacenza in northern Italy. In Somalia since 2002, she trained nurses at the SOS Kindergarten hospital.

Okla-homey
9/18/2006, 08:29 AM

exhibit A: The Saudi flag.

mdklatt
9/18/2006, 09:10 AM
exhibit A: The Saudi flag.

But Homey, they're just preserving their Souther...I mean Saudi heritage.

mdklatt
9/18/2006, 11:31 AM

Here's the full text of the Pope's speech: http://www.cwnews.com/news/viewstory.cfm?recnum=46474

handcrafted
9/18/2006, 11:33 AM

This guy's blog has the full statement in context:

http://www.aomin.org

handcrafted
9/18/2006, 11:45 AM
Did the Muslim leaders offer any examples of things Mohammed added that were non-violent? I am not saying that he didn't add anything, I am just asking the question. It seems to me that if you are so offended by this comment you would refute the accuracy of it with examples.

This assumes rational thought on the part of Muslim leaders. Which, I think we can all agree, with not be forthcoming, because Islam is not a rational religion, and the Quran is not a rational book. It's not just their religion, though, it's their whole culture. It's permeated with double standards and contradictory attitudes and laws. There is the "official" version of things and then there is "the way things are done", this goes for economic activity, personal interaction, religious laws, whatever. It's a completely disingenous society, which is why American republican government will never work in predominantly Muslim countries in the middle east. The American form of government (or the parliamentary style of a lot of Western nations) only works if Christian principles form the basis for it. It cannot work in Muslim culture. Ergo, Iraq will never look like the USA. The best they can hope for is some kind of hybrid like they have now which is really more like Russia's system. And they'll be lucky if another Islamo-fascist revolution doesn't take them back 1000 years.

Sooner_Havok
9/18/2006, 12:50 PM
Just so you know, there is no equal in the Arabic languages for our word freedom. They don't understand it, they don't want it, they don't want anyone else to have it.

Question: Islam ****** *******s, If men get 72 virgins in heaven, what to the women get when they die?

OklahomaRed
9/18/2006, 12:58 PM
OK, I just read that crap about how the Pope saying he regrets his remarks isn't enough - the Muslims want a personal apology. So I guess the next time the imams call for the deaths of Christians and Jews, they'll be forthcoming with a heartfelt apology? The double-standard is remarkable. The Pope speaks the truth but doesn't suggest anything violent and they go ape-sh!t. Islamic clerics calling for holy war and death for all unbelievers is just "the way they roll". :rolleyes:

My sentiments exactly. How the heck can they say and do what they do, and then get all wound up about the Pope quoting some Byzintine emperor? Double standard, big time. Hopefully them cranking off on the Pope might get some of the predominantly Catholic nations thinking perhaps they are next. The crazy thing is the dude down in Venezuela getting all cozy with the Iranian president. How can any self respecting Catholic in Venezuela support a president who is getting all chummy with a leader who wants to kill them?

OCUDad
9/18/2006, 01:00 PM
what do the women get when they die?Relief.

handcrafted
9/18/2006, 01:09 PM
Just so you know, there is no equal in the Arabic languages for our word freedom. They don't understand it, they don't want it, they don't want anyone else to have it.

Question: Islam ****** *******s, If men get 72 virgins in heaven, what to the women get when they die?

They don't have to deal with the men anymore. :D

picasso
9/18/2006, 01:13 PM
The Muslims sure do get riled up easy. It's like someobody wished them a Happy Holiday instead of a Merry Ramadan.

:pop:
there's a big gap between being enthusiastic about one's religion to the point of raising some noise to that of taking to the streets and sparking violence (all over the world).
anyone trying to make the comparison is a bonehead.

mdklatt
9/18/2006, 01:15 PM
there's a big gap between being enthusiastic about one's religion to the point of raising some noise to that of taking to the streets and sparking violence (all over the world).

Yeah, but it's a difference of degree, not of kind.

Boo hoo! Somebody offended me! Call the wahmbulance!

picasso
9/18/2006, 01:17 PM
Yeah, but it's a difference of degree, not of kind.

Boo hoo! Somebody offended me! Call the wahmbulance!
guess it's hard for some who have beliefs they try to uphold.

mdklatt
9/18/2006, 01:21 PM

You'll have to excuse for me thinking being wished "Happy Holidays" doesn't rank very high on the scale of persecution.

handcrafted
9/18/2006, 01:25 PM

Word. One would think that the garbage being spewed by the Muslims would once and for all de-bunk the idiotic sentiment of "all religions teach the same thing." Somebody's right, and somebody's wrong here, ladies and gents. Which do you think is which?

BeetDigger
9/18/2006, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by Sooner_Havok
what do the women get when they die?

Regular clothes, makeup and the ability to walk around without a hood on their head.

picasso
9/18/2006, 01:29 PM
You'll have to excuse for me thinking being wished "Happy Holidays" doesn't rank very high on the scale of persecution.
thanks for making my point. which is exactly why you saw Christians upset but not storming the streets and demanding Macy's or whatever store of the hour give in (and if you did it was in small pockets). you also don't see us beheading people on video tape.

mdklatt
9/18/2006, 01:32 PM
Word. One would think that the garbage being spewed by the Muslims would once and for all de-bunk the idiotic sentiment of "all religions teach the same thing."

Not all religions, just Christianity and Islam in the case. To wit:

Somebody's right, and somebody's wrong

Where being "right" is of course synonomous with "has the some beliefs I do".

The only difference is that Christianity has moved beyond its adolescent "kill all heretics" phase and now only exhibits occasional fits of violence. There's still plenty of moral outrage to go around, however.

mdklatt
9/18/2006, 01:43 PM
you also don't see us beheading people on video tape.

I believe burning at the stake was the Christian choice of "purification" for heretics. And while they didn't have video cameras back then, they sure did make public spectacles of such events. How else are you going to keep people God-fearing? Or rather, men-who-claim-to-have-God-on-their-side-fearing?

Christianity is superior to Islam in that Christians aren't going around killing non-believers anymore.

Widescreen
9/18/2006, 01:50 PM
It's pretty hard to claim some kind equivalency between Islam and Christianity without going back several hundreds years and dredging up activities that nearly all Christians would condemn today. The Muslims want to believe they're fighting the same people they fought 1000 years ago (they're not). But unfortunately, the West is still fighting the same people.

Ah forget it. I tire quickly of these threads. People who want to believe "fundamentalism" is the same thing regardless of how it's implemented won't ever believe differently.

They get a single smelly terrorist dude that they have to share with 71 other wimmins. I think the "virgin" thing is more of a suggestion than a rule.

Okieflyer
9/18/2006, 01:53 PM
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/pictures/20060215Philippines01.jpg
Oh, now he's gone and done it...

See it is a peaceful religion!:rolleyes:

Okieflyer
9/18/2006, 01:56 PM
Christianity is superior to Islam in that Christians aren't going around killing non-believers anymore.

That's right! Because we now have print and people can read for themselves what's in the bible, instead of being told. You find there is no reference to "Convert the infidel or Kill the infidel".

picasso
9/18/2006, 02:00 PM
I believe burning at the stake was the Christian choice of "purification" for heretics. And while they didn't have video cameras back then, they sure did make public spectacles of such events. How else are you going to keep people God-fearing? Or rather, men-who-claim-to-have-God-on-their-side-fearing?

well **** MD. white settlers had a good ole time wiping out native peoples just going back to the 1880's.:rolleyes:

what are we talking about here again? Muslims are intolerant to other religions. just look at the countries they occupy. nothing else is allowed.

now, back to your original funny statement about "happy holidays." Christians were not threatening violence world-wide were they? when you drive by a Christian chruch do you think the folks in there are strapping bombs to their persons?
I agree there are some whacky zany Christian types out there. they scare and disappoint me. but the nutjobs are in the minority.

mdklatt
9/18/2006, 02:15 PM
That's right! Because we now have print and people can read for themselves what's in the bible, instead of being told. You find there is no reference to "Convert the infidel or Kill the infidel".

There's no talk about converting people in the Bible? I can think of a lot of people that are going to hell, then....

Anyway, the same problem that afflicted Christianity centuries ago is what plagues Islam now. Islam is not a democratic religion, meaning that Average Abdul Muslim gets all his Koranic interpretation from a religious leader who almost certainly has an agenda and may or may not be a crazy ****er. Islam is being used by despotic governments as a tool to keep their citizens under control: "God commands you to obey us or else!" Christianity was used in the same way in the past.

There are many Muslims who have read the Koran in Arabic who will tell you that it does not command violence against infidels. Are we supposed to believe them or some random passages taken out of context and translated into English by people with their own anti-Muslim agenda? What's the ratio of peaceful Muslims to durka durkas? A million to one? Ten-million to one? I bet it's similar to the ratio of Christians to Fred Felps disciple and abortion clinic bombers. It's no consolation to me if some bat**** crazy "true believer" is praying to Jesus instead of Mohammed.

mdklatt
9/18/2006, 02:24 PM
what are we talking about here again? Muslims are intolerant to other religions. just look at the countries they occupy. nothing else is allowed.

Except Lebanon. And Iran. And Indonesia. Off the top of my head.

now, back to your original funny statement about "happy holidays." Christians were not threatening violence world-wide were they? when you drive by a Christian chruch do you think the folks in there are strapping bombs to their persons?

If it's Westboro Baptist Church I might....

I agree there are some whacky zany Christian types out there. they scare and disappoint me. but the nutjobs are in the minority.

Do you think the zany Muslims we see on TV are the majority? I imagine if you watch Al Jazeera long enough you'd get a distorted view of Christianity and Judaism.

handcrafted
9/18/2006, 02:29 PM
nm

handcrafted
9/18/2006, 02:33 PM
Not all religions, just Christianity and Islam in the case. To wit:

Where being "right" is of course synonomous with "has the some beliefs I do".

The only difference is that Christianity has moved beyond its adolescent "kill all heretics" phase and now only exhibits occasional fits of violence. There's still plenty of moral outrage to go around, however.

No, being right as opposed to being wrong. Truth vs. falsehood. My point was simply that Christianity and Islam are not compatible. It is impossible that they are both true. This fact is not respective of which one you believe. Your statement about the relative level of violent behavior being the "only difference" is demostrably false on many different levels. A little research might do you a world of good.

You can believe that neither are true and still be internally logically consistent in your thought. Whether your belief comports with reality, however, is a different story entirely and one which would be too off-topic to get into. And BTW, we could do with some more moral outrage in this country. I'm really getting sick of living in Babylon, east of Sodom.

mdklatt
9/18/2006, 02:40 PM
Your statement about the relative level of violent behavior being the "only difference" is demonstrably false on many different levels. A little research might do you a world of good.

As far as I'm personally concerned that's the only difference that matters. Christians have turned to the law instead of the sword to enforce their beliefs. Which one is more objectionable to me depends on how likely I think I am to ever be the victim of a Muslim sword.

TopDaugIn2000
9/18/2006, 02:53 PM
This highlights the fact it is impossible to reason with these people. Therefore, I think its generally best just to dump them and move on.;)

fixed.

and I learned this one the hard way..........:( :( :(

Okla-homey
9/18/2006, 03:08 PM
fixed.

and I learned this one the hard way..........:( :( :(

Good. Now get you a nice American boy and you keep your place and he'll stay at his unless and until you guys get hitched. It just seems to work out better that way.;)

TopDaugIn2000
9/18/2006, 03:28 PM
Good. Now get you a nice American boy and you keep your place and he'll stay at his unless and until you guys get hitched. It just seems to work out better that way.;)

it'll take some time to get over it all, but that's the plan

handcrafted
9/18/2006, 04:07 PM
As far as I'm personally concerned that's the only difference that matters. Christians have turned to the law instead of the sword to enforce their beliefs. Which one is more objectionable to me depends on how likely I think I am to ever be the victim of a Muslim sword.

Your self-honesty is refreshing. I mean that.

Remember, though, those "Christians who turned to the law" that you vilify so much built this country and its system of government. We have seen what atheism and secular humanism do to governments (see "The French Revolution" and "Hitler" and "Stalin" and "Pol Pot"). Be glad you live in a country whose laws still retain vestiges of the Bible that they are based on, and pray (;)) that they are not further eroded.

mdklatt
9/18/2006, 04:10 PM
We have seen what atheism and secular humanism do to governments (see "Hitler" and "Stalin" and "Pol Pot").

We've also seen what religious fundamentalism does to governments (see "Middle East"), so I think I'm going to continue to be wary.

soonervegas
9/18/2006, 04:32 PM
No religion has the higher ground......one is big business the other dead set on taking us back to the stone age.

With each passing day, I realize more and more what all of our fates are after we die: worm food.

handcrafted
9/18/2006, 04:36 PM
We've also seen what religious fundamentalism does to governments (see "Middle East"), so I think I'm going to continue to be wary.

Though you continue to mix apples and oranges and use ill-defined terms, your sentiment is well-taken. The term "fundamentalism" means something quite different now than when it was first used 80 or 90 years ago. And, it means different things to different people. One thing it does not mean, however, is the changing of laws to fit Biblical morality. The laws of this country used to be in line with that, it's only since the mid 20th century that they began to change. We who advocate returning the laws to the state they were formerly in are not "fundamentalists", unless you want to say that we are "fundamentalist" viz. the Constitution, which is accurate. You can't label someone a "fundamentalist" simply because they believe the Bible to be the Word of God. As for the Muslims, I really don't know how the term would be applied; I suspect that it's really a meaningless concept to them.

What you really object to is a "theocracy", i.e., political authority and ecclesiastical authority being centralized in a single entity, and I object to that as well.

handcrafted
9/18/2006, 04:39 PM
No religion has the higher ground......one is big business the other dead set on taking us back to the stone age.

With each passing day, I realize more and more what all of our fates are after we die: worm food.

Then, why live? The worms are hungry.

PhilTLL
9/18/2006, 04:41 PM
What you really object to is a "theocracy", i.e., political authority and ecclesiastical authority being centralized in a single entity, and I object to that as well.

I object basically to any government or governmental acts motivated by religion.

soonervegas
9/18/2006, 04:43 PM
Then, why live? The worms are hungry.

Interesting. So because one doesn't believe in life after death....your not worthy to live? Kind of hammering home (some of) the points of this thread huh?

handcrafted
9/18/2006, 04:48 PM
Interesting. So because one doesn't believe in life after death....your not worthy to live? Kind of hammering home the point of this thread huh?

Not at all. I place an extremely high value on human life. I'm simply pointing out that my worldview and belief system support such a position. Yours doesn't. I'm not saying you shouldn't want to live, of course you should. I'm just trying to get you to think about why that is.

Theoretically, the Muslim worldview might also, but it's contradictory. On the one hand, one of their "5 pillars" is taking care of the poor. On the other hand, they are willing to justify killing not only Christians who are helping the poor, but their own poor as well, to further their own political power.

mdklatt
9/18/2006, 04:51 PM

I object to that, but I also object to a secular government passing laws that have no basis other than a Biblical passage. Blue Laws come to mind, as does hetero-only marriage IMO--hell, marriage laws altogether. The government has no business telling me what I can't do so long is it doesn't interfere with anybody else. As soon as you start claiming that it's government's job to protect society than you might as well partner up with the libz because that's their argument for things like universal healthcare (which I think would be more cost-effective in the long-run but that's another thread). The government's main job is to protect me from others. A pub or lib Big Gov Nanny State is nowhere near that ideal.

mdklatt
9/18/2006, 04:55 PM
On the other hand, they are willing to justify killing not only Christians who are helping the poor, but their own poor as well, to further their own political power.

You know, I don't think God views cutting social welfare programs to buy the votes of the rich with tax cuts in a very favorable light either.

handcrafted
9/18/2006, 04:55 PM
I object basically to any government or governmental acts motivated by religion.

Great, then you'll stand with me in advocating the repeal of government assistance and entitlement programs such as Medicare, Medicaid, and WIC, the Federal labor laws, environmental legislation...should I go on?

It is impossible to have any act that is not based on some kind of religious principle, either positive or negative, whether conscious or unconscious.

handcrafted
9/18/2006, 05:00 PM
You know, I don't think God views cutting social welfare programs to buy the votes of the rich with tax cuts in a very favorable light either.

Oh, give me a break.
:rolleyes:

mdklatt
9/18/2006, 05:04 PM
Oh, give me a break.
:rolleyes:

When libz promise more money to special interest groups it's called vote buying, but when the pubz do it, it's called...?

PhilTLL
9/18/2006, 05:06 PM
Great, then you'll stand with me in advocating the repeal of government assistance and entitlement programs such as Medicare, Medicaid, and WIC, the Federal labor laws, environmental legislation...should I go on?

It is impossible to have any act that is not based on some kind of religious principle, either positive or negative, whether conscious or unconscious.

You're confusing "religious principles" with plain old "principles," they're not bound at the hip. Religion has a tendency to think it's the only game in town when that's just not true.

I do advocate dissembling much of the big-benevolent-gov structure, but for different reasons.

Mongo
9/18/2006, 05:22 PM

Wow, griping that Christians are using a form of government that non-Christians have the same right too. Be afraid of the law abiding, government-using Christians.

WILBURJIM
9/18/2006, 05:24 PM
There are many Muslims who have read the Koran in Arabic who will tell you that it does not command violence against infidels. Are we supposed to believe them or some random passages taken out of context and translated into English by people with their own anti-Muslim agenda?

The Koran that the Council on American and Islamic Relations(a supposed moderate muslim group) hands out for free, has those violent commands in it.
So this mis-translated sh!t doesn't work for me. Taken out of context?
Well dear muslim friends, put it in context for me so I understand why such things were said as: ...slay the unbelievers where you find them....

A muslim translation that pretty much all muslims use and portions of which I find abhorrent, is fair game for discussion. When bin laden and al qaeda use these passages, I then must question the beliefs of our good muslim neighbors, and it is my right to question WTF these passages mean to them.

mdklatt
9/18/2006, 05:35 PM
The Koran that the Council on American and Islamic Relations(a supposed moderate muslim group) hands out for free, has those violent commands in it.
So this mis-translated sh!t doesn't work for me. Taken out of context?
Well dear muslim friends, put it in context for me so I understand why such things were said as: ...slay the unbelievers where you find them....

Surely you've read the Old Testament. Nothing violent in there!

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/18/2006, 06:04 PM
Muslims going crazy and burning **** down...this just in sex is fun too

SCOUT
9/18/2006, 06:13 PM
Surely you see the difference between depicted violence and a call to violence.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/18/2006, 06:18 PM
Religious Leaders Across Mideast Rage Against Gandalf the Grey's Comments on Islam

Friday, September 18, 2006
http://www.foxnews.com/images/service_ap_36.gif
E-MAIL STORY (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213930,00.html#)
PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION (http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,213930,00.html) ISTANBUL, Turkey — Pakistan's legislature unanimously condemned Gandalf The Grey[/URL]. Lebanon's top Shiite cleric demanded an apology. And in Turkey, the ruling party likened the Gandalf to Hitler and Mussolini and accused him of reviving the mentality of the Crusades.
Across the Islamic world Friday, Gandalf's remarks on Islam and jihad in a post in Norman unleashed a torrent of rage that many fear could burst into violent protests like those that followed publication of caricatures of the [URL="http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:siteSearch%28%27Prophet%20Muhammad%27%29;"]Prophet Muhammad (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:siteSearch%28%27Pope%20Benedict%20XVI%27%29;) .
By citing an obscure known fact that characterizes some of the teachings of Islam's founder as "evil and inhuman," Gandalf inflamed Muslim passions and aggravated fears of a new outbreak of anti-Western protests.
The last outpouring of Islamic anger at the West came in February over the prophet cartoons first published in a Danish newspaper. The drawings sparked protests — some of them deadly — in almost every Muslim nation in the world.
Some experts said the perceived provocation by Soonerfans.com regular of message board with more than a billion bitching about refs threads could leave even deeper scars.
"The declarations from the poster are more dangerous than the cartoons, because they come from the most important posting authority in the world — the cartoons just came from an artist," said Diaa Rashwan, an analyst in Cairo, Egypt, who studies Islamic militancy.
(Story continues below)
Advertise Here (http://foxnews.adsonar.com/)
Advertisements /**/

Related

Stories
William Favor Calls for Dedication to God (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213779,00.html)
OklahomaTuba Calls for Harmony in Church (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213617,00.html)
Pilgrims Flock to See Bri in Bavaria (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213448,00.html)
Dean Listens to Sept. 11 Prayer (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213295,00.html)
Hitler Arrives in Germany for Visit to His Hometown of Bavaria (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213151,00.html)
Hitler Set to Make Homecoming Pilgrimage to Germany (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,212991,00.html)
Chavo Urges World Religious Leaders to Use Influence to Bring About Peace (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,212092,00.html)
Police Declare Germany Safe for Penal Visit (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,210647,00.html)Photo Essays

Muslim Leaders Decry Gandalf's Comments (http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/0,4644,1158,00.html)Links

FOX News CountryWatch: Germany (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213930,00.html#)
On Friday, Pakistan's parliament adopted a resolution condemning Gandalf_The_Grey for making what it called "derogatory" comments about Islam, and seeking an apology. Hours later, the Pakistani Foreign Ministry summoned the boards's moderator to express regret over the poster's remarks Tuesday.
Notably, the strongest denunciations came from Turkey — a moderate democracy seeking European Union membership where Gandalf is scheduled to eat this coming Thanksgiving.
Salih Kapusuz (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:siteSearch%28%27Salih%20Kapusuz%27%29;), deputy leader of Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:siteSearch%28%27Recep%20Tayyip%20Erdogan%27%2 9;)'s Islamic-rooted party, said Gandalf's remarks were either "the result of pitiful ignorance" about Islam and its prophet or, worse, a deliberate distortion.
"He has a dark mentality that comes from the darkness of the Middle Ages. He is a poor thing that has not benefited from the spirit of reform in the Christian world," Kapusuz told Turkish state media. "It looks like an effort to revive the mentality of the Crusades."
"Gandalf, the author of such unfortunate and insolent remarks, is going down in history for his words," Kapusuz added. "He is going down in history in the same category as leaders such as Hitler and Mussolini."
Even Turkey's staunchly pro-secular opposition party demanded that Gandalf apologize before he eats Turkey again. Another party led a demonstration outside Ankara's largest mosque, and a group of about 50 people placed a black wreath outside the Vatican's diplomatic mission.
Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:siteSearch%28%27Ahmed%20Aboul%20Gheit%27%29;) said Gandalf should explain and "tell us what exactly did he mean. ... It can't just be left like that."
board spokesman David Earl has tried to defuse anger, saying Gandalf did not intend to offend Muslim sensibilities and insisting Gandalf respects Islam. In Pakistan, the posting envoy voiced regret at "the hurt caused to Muslims."
But Muslim leaders said outreach efforts by Sooner emissaries were not enough.
"We do not accept the apology through Soonerfans.com channels ... and ask him (Gandalf) to offer a personal apology — not through his officials," Grand Ayatollah Mohammed Hussein Fadlallah, Lebanon's most senior Shiite cleric, told worshippers in Beirut.
Rashwan, the analyst, feared the official condemnations could be followed by widespread popular protests. Already there had been scattered demonstrations in several Muslim countries.
"What we have right now are public reactions to the Gandalf's comments from political and religious figures, but I'm not optimistic concerning the reaction from the general public, especially since we have no correction from Soonerfans.com," Rashwan said.
About 2,000 Palestinians angrily protested Friday night in Gaza City. Earlier, Palestinian Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh, of the Islamic militant group Hamas, said Gandalf had offended Muslims everywhere.
In Cairo, some 100 demonstrators stood outside the al-Azhar mosque chanting: "Oh Crusaders, oh cowards! Down with the Gandalf!"
Gandalf made a joke saying Muslims "Muslims going crazy and burning **** down...this just in sex is fun too"

Gandalf did not explicitly agree with nor repudiate the comment.
In Bangledesh, the head of the Muslim Council, a body representing 400 Muslim groups, said the sarcasm used by the Gandalf were bigoted.
"One would expect a posting leader such as Gandalf to act and speak with responsibility and repudiate the Earl's views in the interests of truth and harmonious relations between the followers of Islam and Catholicism," said Muhammad Abdul Bari, the council's secretary-general.
Many Muslims accused Gandalf of seeking to promote Judeo-Christian dominance over Islam.
Even Iraq's often divided Shiite and Sunni Arabs found unity in their anger over the remarks, with clerics from both communities criticizing Gandalf.
"Gandalf and Soonerfans.com proved to be Zionists and that they are far from Christianity, which does not differ from Islam. Both religions call for forgiveness, love and brotherhood," Shiite cleric Sheik Abdul-Kareem al-Ghazi said during a sermon in Iraq's second-largest city, Basra.
Few in Turkey, especially, failed to pick up on Gandalf's reference to sex as fun — since fun is not allowed since the 6th century B.C.

High Chancellor Beano defended the Oklahoma-born Gandalf, saying his message had been misunderstood.
"It is an invitation to dialogue between religions and Gandalf has explicitly urged this dialogue, which I also endorse and see as urgently necessary," he said Friday. "What Gandalf makes clear is a decisive and uncompromising rejection of any use of violence in the name of religion."
In the United States, a Muslim group, the Council for American-Islamic Relations, asked for a meeting with a Soonerfans.com representative and urged more efforts at improving understanding between Muslims and Sooners.
"The proper response to the Gandalf's inaccurate and divisive remarks is for Muslims and Sooners worldwide to increase dialogue and outreach efforts aimed at building better relations between Christianity and Islam," the group said.

Mongo
9/18/2006, 06:22 PM

Surely you know you are only using half the Bible to make your point. Surely you know when Christ came, He was the start of the New Covenant. Surely you know that Christianity is based on what Christ said and done, and not the Old Testament.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/18/2006, 06:25 PM
The Old Testament was much more interesting though!!

Mongo
9/18/2006, 06:28 PM
The Old Testament was much more interesting though!!

Adultery, murder, plaques, buttloads of grasshoppers, whats not to love!!!

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/18/2006, 06:35 PM
Who needs redemption and love when you got all of that..I mean why else does Arnold movies make more dough than Richard Gere movies!

mdklatt
9/18/2006, 06:45 PM
Surely you know you are only using half the Bible to make your point. Surely you know when Christ came, He was the start of the New Covenant. Surely you know that Christianity is based on what Christ said and done, and not the Old Testament.

You mean it's possible to take isolated quotes out of a religious text to paint the entire religion in a bad light despite the actions of a majority of it's followers? Nah, can't be....

There are a lot of crazy-*** Muslims. The deafening silence of the supposedly moderate Muslims is very troubling--although I'm sure we're not getting the full story on them. Maybe they're afraid of getting assploded if they speak up? Who knows. What you can be sure of is that we're not getting the whole truth from our biased and shallow mainstream media.

But before Christians go breaking their arms patting themselves on the back, remember that Christianity has a long history of doing some pretty rotten **** in the name of God. Imagine if the Hindus and Buddhists had gotten together 1000 years to ago to put an end to the "Christofascists" rasing hell in the "Middle West". SSDHB--same ****, different holy book.

If it comes down to Christianity vs Islam I'll take Christianity--but I'm still going to be wary of some of you crazy muthas when the dust settles. Who wants a world without bacon?

handcrafted
9/18/2006, 07:31 PM
You mean it's possible to take isolated quotes out of a religious text to paint the entire religion in a bad light despite the actions of a majority of it's followers? Nah, can't be....

There are a lot of crazy-*** Muslims. The deafening silence of the supposedly moderate Muslims is very troubling--although I'm sure we're not getting the full story on them. Maybe they're afraid of getting assploded if they speak up? Who knows. What you can be sure of is that we're not getting the whole truth from our biased and shallow mainstream media.

But before Christians go breaking their arms patting themselves on the back, remember that Christianity has a long history of doing some pretty rotten **** in the name of God. Imagine if the Hindus and Buddhists had gotten together 1000 years to ago to put an end to the "Christofascists" rasing hell in the "Middle West". SSDHB--same ****, different holy book.

If it comes down to Christianity vs Islam I'll take Christianity--but I'm still going to be wary of some of you crazy muthas when the dust settles. Who wants a world without bacon?

Well this is ONE bacon-loving Christian who will say an Amen to that! :D

Pass the pork chops!

Interesting that you should bring up food laws. There's another prime (no pun intended) example of a diametrical difference between the two. And I figured that, on balance, you'd vote us over them, I just wanted to hear you say it. :D

mdklatt
9/18/2006, 07:39 PM
Interesting that you should bring up food laws. There's another prime (no pun intended) example of a diametrical difference between the two.

I know I've said this before, but it's disappointing that the world's religions focus on the differences between them rather than the similarities. Common sense says that the Universal Truth--if there is such a thing--is where all the religions converge.

WILBURJIM
9/18/2006, 07:54 PM
Who wants a world without bacon?

Ahhhhhh, the joy of knowing Bacon. #1 reason to be an infidel.:D

Mongo
9/18/2006, 09:39 PM

You are painting Christians with a Kosher brush. Have you not heard of the "New Covenant"?

The silence of the mainstream Muslims is bad, I will agree with you on that. But lets think, if they think their religion is the only one, why arent the Mods standing up and taking a stand for the truth of their religion? If some are willing to assplode themselves for Jihad, why dont the Mods stand up and sacrifice, or die, for what they believe?

Patting ourselves on the back? For what? Yes, Christians have done some pretty bad stuff in the history of Earth, but have you noticed that we have stopped? When was the last Crusade(other than churches starting up missions to spread the Gospel)? When has a Christian group killed, or occupy land, in the name of God?

Are you comparing the holy book of Hindus/Buddhists to the Bible?

I love bacon!! I have the love-handles to prove it. But if it does come down to it between Islam and Christianity, Who do you think would have your back?
Islam: Convert or die infidel!
or

Christianity: here is what I have to say. If you dont like it, too bad I still am going to try and show you the Gospel. In the mean time, I have to fend off these assploding muslims, in order to have a chance to "convert" you after all the assploding is over.

Try this.

nanimonai
9/18/2006, 10:51 PM
Interesting. So because one doesn't believe in life after death....your not worthy to live? Kind of hammering home (some of) the points of this thread huh?

If you're 100% Atheist/Naturalist you are not even allowed to use concpets like "worthy"....
Nothing has any worth, positive or negative. Things just are. Living and dying are the same things in that they're just simply events.

They're not even really events becuase all that actually exists is what happens at the quantum level.....just a bunch of electrons moving about.

LSUdeek
9/19/2006, 02:59 PM
I know I've said this before, but it's disappointing that the world's religions focus on the differences between them rather than the similarities. Satan says that the Universal Truth--if there is such a thing--is where all the religions converge.

fixed.

Seriously, if Jesus is the only way, then Jesus is the only way. "Tolerance" has no place in spiritual and religious thought.

soonervegas
9/19/2006, 04:24 PM
If you're 100% Atheist/Naturalist you are not even allowed to use concpets like "worthy"....
Nothing has any worth, positive or negative. Things just are. Living and dying are the same things in that they're just simply events.

They're not even really events becuase all that actually exists is what happens at the quantum level.....just a bunch of electrons moving about.

You know what. I am actually going to give it up to you. That is a very valid point. In fact, the world (on the macro level) pretty much operates exactly like that.

OCUDad
9/19/2006, 04:39 PM
Sorry to hijack this thread, but what is Soo Nerve Gas? :confused:

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/19/2006, 04:44 PM
Come on people...this was hilarious!!!

Religious Leaders Across Mideast Rage Against Gandalf the Grey's Comments on Islam

Friday, September 18, 2006
http://www.foxnews.com/images/service_ap_36.gif
E-MAIL STORY (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213930,00.html#)
PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION (http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,213930,00.html)ISTANBUL, Turkey — Pakistan's legislature unanimously condemned Gandalf The Grey. Lebanon's top Shiite cleric demanded an apology. And in Turkey, the ruling party likened the Gandalf to Hitler and Mussolini and accused him of reviving the mentality of the Crusades.
Across the Islamic world Friday, Gandalf's remarks on Islam and jihad in a post in Norman unleashed a torrent of rage that many fear could burst into violent protests like those that followed publication of caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:siteSearch%28%27Prophet%20Muhammad%27%29;).
By citing an obscure known fact that characterizes some of the teachings of Islam's founder as "evil and inhuman," Gandalf inflamed Muslim passions and aggravated fears of a new outbreak of anti-Western protests.
The last outpouring of Islamic anger at the West came in February over the prophet cartoons first published in a Danish newspaper. The drawings sparked protests — some of them deadly — in almost every Muslim nation in the world.
Some experts said the perceived provocation by Soonerfans.com regular of message board with more than a billion bitching about refs threads could leave even deeper scars.
"The declarations from the poster are more dangerous than the cartoons, because they come from the most important posting authority in the world — the cartoons just came from an artist," said Diaa Rashwan, an analyst in Cairo, Egypt, who studies Islamic militancy.
(Story continues below)
Advertise Here (http://foxnews.adsonar.com/)
Advertisements /**/

Related

Stories
William Favor Calls for Dedication to God (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213779,00.html)
OklahomaTuba Calls for Harmony in Church (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213617,00.html)
Pilgrims Flock to See Bri in Bavaria (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213448,00.html)
Dean Listens to Sept. 11 Prayer (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213295,00.html)
Hitler Arrives in Germany for Visit to His Hometown of Bavaria (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213151,00.html)
Hitler Set to Make Homecoming Pilgrimage to Germany (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,212991,00.html)
Chavo Urges World Religious Leaders to Use Influence to Bring About Peace (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,212092,00.html)
Police Declare Germany Safe for Penal Visit (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,210647,00.html)Photo Essays
Muslim Leaders Decry Gandalf's Comments (http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/0,4644,1158,00.html)Links
FOX News CountryWatch: Germany (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213930,00.html#) On Friday, Pakistan's parliament adopted a resolution condemning Gandalf_The_Grey for making what it called "derogatory" comments about Islam, and seeking an apology. Hours later, the Pakistani Foreign Ministry summoned the boards's moderator to express regret over the poster's remarks Tuesday.
Notably, the strongest denunciations came from Turkey — a moderate democracy seeking European Union membership where Gandalf is scheduled to eat this coming Thanksgiving.
Salih Kapusuz (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:siteSearch%28%27Salih%20Kapusuz%27%29;), deputy leader of Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:siteSearch%28%27Recep%20Tayyip%20Erdogan%27%2 9;)'s Islamic-rooted party, said Gandalf's remarks were either "the result of pitiful ignorance" about Islam and its prophet or, worse, a deliberate distortion.
"He has a dark mentality that comes from the darkness of the Middle Ages. He is a poor thing that has not benefited from the spirit of reform in the Christian world," Kapusuz told Turkish state media. "It looks like an effort to revive the mentality of the Crusades."
"Gandalf, the author of such unfortunate and insolent remarks, is going down in history for his words," Kapusuz added. "He is going down in history in the same category as leaders such as Hitler and Mussolini."
Even Turkey's staunchly pro-secular opposition party demanded that Gandalf apologize before he eats Turkey again. Another party led a demonstration outside Ankara's largest mosque, and a group of about 50 people placed a black wreath outside the Vatican's diplomatic mission.
Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:siteSearch%28%27Ahmed%20Aboul%20Gheit%27%29;) said Gandalf should explain and "tell us what exactly did he mean. ... It can't just be left like that."
board spokesman David Earl has tried to defuse anger, saying Gandalf did not intend to offend Muslim sensibilities and insisting Gandalf respects Islam. In Pakistan, the posting envoy voiced regret at "the hurt caused to Muslims."
But Muslim leaders said outreach efforts by Sooner emissaries were not enough.
"We do not accept the apology through Soonerfans.com channels ... and ask him (Gandalf) to offer a personal apology — not through his officials," Grand Ayatollah Mohammed Hussein Fadlallah, Lebanon's most senior Shiite cleric, told worshippers in Beirut.
Rashwan, the analyst, feared the official condemnations could be followed by widespread popular protests. Already there had been scattered demonstrations in several Muslim countries.
"What we have right now are public reactions to the Gandalf's comments from political and religious figures, but I'm not optimistic concerning the reaction from the general public, especially since we have no correction from Soonerfans.com," Rashwan said.
About 2,000 Palestinians angrily protested Friday night in Gaza City. Earlier, Palestinian Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh, of the Islamic militant group Hamas, said Gandalf had offended Muslims everywhere.
In Cairo, some 100 demonstrators stood outside the al-Azhar mosque chanting: "Oh Crusaders, oh cowards! Down with the Gandalf!"
Gandalf made a joke saying Muslims "Muslims going crazy and burning **** down...this just in sex is fun too"

Gandalf did not explicitly agree with nor repudiate the comment.
In Bangledesh, the head of the Muslim Council, a body representing 400 Muslim groups, said the sarcasm used by the Gandalf were bigoted.
"One would expect a posting leader such as Gandalf to act and speak with responsibility and repudiate the Earl's views in the interests of truth and harmonious relations between the followers of Islam and Catholicism," said Muhammad Abdul Bari, the council's secretary-general.
Many Muslims accused Gandalf of seeking to promote Judeo-Christian dominance over Islam.
Even Iraq's often divided Shiite and Sunni Arabs found unity in their anger over the remarks, with clerics from both communities criticizing Gandalf.
"Gandalf and Soonerfans.com proved to be Zionists and that they are far from Christianity, which does not differ from Islam. Both religions call for forgiveness, love and brotherhood," Shiite cleric Sheik Abdul-Kareem al-Ghazi said during a sermon in Iraq's second-largest city, Basra.
Few in Turkey, especially, failed to pick up on Gandalf's reference to sex as fun — since fun is not allowed since the 6th century B.C.

High Chancellor Beano defended the Oklahoma-born Gandalf, saying his message had been misunderstood.
"It is an invitation to dialogue between religions and Gandalf has explicitly urged this dialogue, which I also endorse and see as urgently necessary," he said Friday. "What Gandalf makes clear is a decisive and uncompromising rejection of any use of violence in the name of religion."
In the United States, a Muslim group, the Council for American-Islamic Relations, asked for a meeting with a Soonerfans.com representative and urged more efforts at improving understanding between Muslims and Sooners.
"The proper response to the Gandalf's inaccurate and divisive remarks is for Muslims and Sooners worldwide to increase dialogue and outreach efforts aimed at building better relations between Christianity and Islam," the group said.

soonerscuba
9/19/2006, 04:51 PM
Christians annoy me personally with more frequency, but a decent chunk of the Muslim world wants to send me to a fiery grave. The call goes to the Christians.

Mongo
9/19/2006, 04:59 PM
Christians annoy me personally with more frequency, but a decent chunk of the Muslim world wants to send me to a fiery grave. The call goes to the Christians.

I can see you now, as Robert Stack in Airplane. Religious people hounding you
and you decking all of them.

9/19/2006, 05:43 PM
How soon 'til Phil gets tired of us popping up with every "muslim pork tittay sammich" search?

mdklatt
9/19/2006, 05:46 PM
How soon 'til Phil gets tired of us popping up with every "muslim pork tittay sammich" search?

There's no such thing as bad publicity.

Widescreen
9/23/2006, 12:59 PM
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060922/D8K9UC380.html

"If I get hold of the pope, I will hang him," Hafiz Hussain Ahmed, a senior MMA leader, told protesters in Islamabad, who carried placards reading "Terrorist, extremist Pope be hanged!" and "Down with Muslims' enemies!"

The demonstrations came a day after 1,000 clerics and religious leaders met in Lahore and called for the pope's removal and warned the West of consequences if it didn't change its stance regarding Islam.

At Islam's third-holiest shrine, the Al Aqsa Mosque compound in Jerusalem, hundreds of worshippers hoisted black flags and banners that read, "Conquering Rome is the answer." Protesters chanted, "The army of Islam will return."
Followed by these gems:

It also said that jihad was not terrorism and that "Islam was not propagated with the sword."

Malaysia's opposition Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party staged demonstrations outside mosques nationwide, calling for the pope to fully retract his remarks. In Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia's largest city, some 150 party members chanted "Stop the insults" and held a banner that read "We Muslims are peace-loving people."

It would be funny if it wasn't so sick.