PDA

View Full Version : Happy Flaming Lips Day Yall!

LilSooner
9/15/2006, 08:37 AM
This is better than christmas! Only instead of presents and christmas trees, we get UFO's and Santa Clauses!

Hatfield
9/15/2006, 08:54 AM
woot woot holla

giddy in my britches

KaiserSooner
9/15/2006, 10:38 AM
I think I'm gonna take off from work a few hours early.

bri
9/15/2006, 10:40 AM
I've been up since 4:30...largely due to the fact that I had to come into work at 7:00 so I could leave early enough to get my freak on, but also due to giddiness. :D

ultimatesooner1
9/15/2006, 10:52 AM
I saw the myspace bulletin yesterday where they were selling the ufo shirts. since I can't make it to the concert, I may have to go pickup a shirt from the record store @ 89th & N Western

bri
9/15/2006, 10:57 AM
Yeah, I'd love to get one of those...IF ONLY WAYNE DIDN'T HATE MAN-WALLS!!!! :mad: :D

Viking Kitten
9/15/2006, 10:59 AM
I'm just p1ssed because the kid's size shirt costs the same as the grownup size. :mad:

LilSooner
9/15/2006, 11:04 AM
Ha! I already got my shirt. Rhino also got the big *** poster to which will adorn our wall when ever we get a house.

Would it be really bad if'n I wore the said UFO shirt tonight? On second thought I think I won't I don't want to be THAT chick that Rhino and I make fun of.

Hatfield
9/15/2006, 11:06 AM
i can't breathe i am so excited.

buddy just called from dallas and is bringing me a 12er of fat tire to enjoy pregame.

bri
9/15/2006, 11:35 AM
Would it be really bad if'n I wore the said UFO shirt tonight? On second thought I think I won't I don't want to be THAT chick that Rhino and I make fun of.

What's this? You're wearing the shirt of the band you're going to see? Don't be that guy.

BlondeSoonerGirl
9/15/2006, 11:38 AM
Yeah...gah.

Same person that goes crazy-go-nuts when they start playing 'She Don't Use Jelly' because you think that's their MOST AWESOMEST SONG!!!!

:mad:

Rhino
9/15/2006, 11:39 AM
I saw the myspace bulletin yesterday where they were selling the ufo shirts. since I can't make it to the concert, I may have to go pickup a shirt from the record store @ 89th & N Western Actually Size Records (http://www.sizerecs.com/) is at 8915 N. Western[/URL] (south of Britton on Western).

About the t-shirts (as of 7pm Wednesday)

we still have some of the lips shirts, so if you're thinking about getting one, come by soon. only 600 were printed and none will be printed after those 600 are gone. we have adult sizes s, m, l & xl, as well as youth m and l. $15 + tax, or $20 shipped
http://www.theunamused.com/Ts.html There's also an after-party at [URL="http://www.conservatoryokc.com/"]The Conservatory (http://www.sizerecs.com/), 8911 N. Western. 21+ $3 to enter. A couple of free kegs. Same beer and liquor as always. Cash bar.

Viking Kitten
9/15/2006, 11:43 AM
Yeah...gah.

Same person that goes crazy-go-nuts when they start playing 'She Don't Use Jelly' because you think that's their MOST AWESOMEST SONG!!!!

:mad:

I actually resent that song, because it kept me from truly appreciating this band for way too long. :mad:

Let's plan on taking a beer run/bathroom break during that song just to show our disdain, BSG.

Czar Soonerov
9/15/2006, 11:49 AM
I actually resent that song, because it kept me from truly appreciating this band for way too long. :mad:

Let's plan on taking a beer run/bathroom break during that song just to show our disdain, BSG.

Get me a Miller Lite while you're up.:texan:

bri
9/15/2006, 11:51 AM
Get me a Miller Lite while you're up.:texan:

Make that two Miller Lites.

And get me a sammich while you're at it, woman.

Czar Soonerov
9/15/2006, 11:54 AM
:les:Fetch me a Miller Lite while you're up, beyonce! :texan:

Fixed.

Whew, I thought I was gonna lose my man card for a minute...

bri
9/15/2006, 11:56 AM
Too late, Sally.

Want to talk about your feelings or something? :D

Viking Kitten
9/15/2006, 11:56 AM
You're gonna lose way more than your man card if you keep that **** up, slappy.

bri
9/15/2006, 02:25 PM
Giddiness is giving way to seething rage at the clusterf*ck that is this show. Noise curfew for the animals? Retardedly early start time? The fact that we'll be lucky to get more than an hour and a half out of the Lips, if that? :mad:

Hatfield
9/15/2006, 02:28 PM
just got back from the box office. people are already there lining up to get in, and whatever they were working on inside sounded awesome.

bri
9/15/2006, 02:32 PM
SWEET! I'm sure I'll enjoy it for the hour and a half I get to look at it. :mad:

BlondeSoonerGirl
9/15/2006, 02:35 PM
They're already lining up?

DANG.

OUstudent4life
9/15/2006, 02:40 PM
How many laser pointers are they handing out to the first peeps to arrive?

Viking Kitten
9/15/2006, 03:05 PM
Giddiness is giving way to seething rage at the clusterf*ck that is this show. Noise curfew for the animals? Retardedly early start time? The fact that we'll be lucky to get more than an hour and a half out of the Lips, if that? :mad:

The bright side of the early start time is that I may still be sober enough when it starts to actually remember some of it.

bri
9/15/2006, 03:07 PM
True.

Of course, you've have to be KENNEDY drunk to not be able to remember ONE F*CKING HOUR OF THE FLAMING LIPS. :mad:

Viking Kitten
9/15/2006, 03:16 PM
True.

Of course, you've have to be KENNEDY drunk to not be able to remember ONE F*CKING HOUR OF THE FLAMING LIPS. :mad:

Exactly.

Fugue
9/15/2006, 03:18 PM
I'm obviously very slooow, that's been established through my posting but why the lame format for the show. Multiple Bands? What gives?

Rhino
9/15/2006, 03:26 PM
Deerhoof - opener for several shows
Stardeath - local; singer is Dennis Coyne, Wayne's nephew
Evangelicals - local; singer is Stardeath guitarist (and they're blowing up on the indie circuit)

Each of the openers will play no longer than 30 minutes, some even less than that. Little breakdown/set-up between Evangelicals and Stardeath. VERY little set-up needed for Deerhoof.

The Lips will probably play for a little over 90 minutes. That's their normal set. And there's a rumor floating around that the PM Group made special accomodations for the Lips to play the show, which may include an extension on how long the show can go. Still, I wouldn't expect much longer than 11-11:30pm.

King Crimson
9/15/2006, 03:29 PM
all you folks have a good time. i always thought the Zoo was an underused venue....i saw INXS on the Listen Like Thieves there. it was a great show, though i wasn't a HUGE INXS fan....but it was a great show. they were a great live band...which means somehting to me.

if the animals can live with captivity, they can live with the Lips.

i think my sis is seeing them in Dallas this weekend.

War Pigs.

bri
9/15/2006, 03:46 PM
Anger.....subsiding.....

Hatfield
9/15/2006, 03:57 PM
they take the stage at 9

first band goes on at 6

woot woot holla...just woke up from the pregame nappy.

bri
9/15/2006, 04:12 PM
Deerhoof - opener for several shows
Stardeath - local; singer is Dennis Coyne, Wayne's nephew
Evangelicals - local; singer is Stardeath guitarist (and they're blowing up on the indie circuit)

Each of the openers will play no longer than 30 minutes, some even less than that. Little breakdown/set-up between Evangelicals and Stardeath. VERY little set-up needed for Deerhoof.

The Lips will probably play for a little over 90 minutes. That's their normal set. And there's a rumor floating around that the PM Group made special accomodations for the Lips to play the show, which may include an extension on how long the show can go. Still, I wouldn't expect much longer than 11-11:30pm.

As long as there's not a beer curfew, I can accept your terms.

LilSooner
9/15/2006, 04:14 PM
I'm so excited!!!! Darvacet + blue moon + Flaming Lips= Lilsooner flipping the heck out!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bri
9/15/2006, 04:15 PM
Awesome...the role of doleo will be played by Lil this evening. :D

BigRedJed
9/15/2006, 04:20 PM
From an incredibly good source: expect 10,000 tonight.

bri
9/15/2006, 04:59 PM
Alright, I'm hitting the road. I'll see you bitches in two hours. BETTER HAVE MY DAMN BEER READY!