PDA

View Full Version : Dear OU Chemistry students....

Okla-homey
9/15/2006, 07:54 AM
Please check with your Prof before mixing assplosive chemicals and stuff.

TIA

Chemistry mishap blows out two windows at OU campus
By Staff and Wire Reports
9/15/2006

NORMAN -- An accident during a chemistry experiment led to a small explosion that blew out two windows in a building at the University of Oklahoma shortly before noon Thursday, university officials said.

Nobody was injured.

A student's experiment caused an unexpected chemical reaction within an enclosed area where hydrogen gas was present, said Blake Rambo, a spokesman for OU President David Boren.

Two students were in the research laboratory on the sixth floor of the George Lynn Cross Building at the time of the accident.

Norman firefighters came to the campus. Boren mentioned the incident during his introduction to a speech by a dignitary at a foreign policy conference on campus.

"I don't know what kind of creativity was going on, but it must have been an interesting one," he quipped

SoonerInDC
9/15/2006, 09:19 AM
To be fair to OU chemistry students (I used to be one), this happened in the botany/microbiology building, not in a chemistry lab.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/15/2006, 09:31 AM
To be fair to OU chemistry students (I used to be one), this happened in the botany/microbiology building, not in a chemistry lab.

It didn't take long for the conspiracy activist to come out of the wood works ;)

hurricane'bone
9/15/2006, 09:33 AM
Blake Rambo? That's a Homey made up name, right?

I went to middle school and high school with him.

Jimminy Crimson
9/15/2006, 09:39 AM
I went to middle school and high school with him.

Yeah. The dude really exists.

Its a nice solid pr0n name, though! :texan:

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/15/2006, 09:41 AM
Pretty cool dude too