9/15/2006, 01:22 AM
WTF???

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=494435

Man charged in rape of girl, 11, expresses regret
He says she looked '19 or 20,' and several other adults were present
By DERRICK NUNNALLY
[email protected]
Posted: Sept. 10, 2006

The oldest man charged with participating in the gang rape of an 11-year-old girl last week said Sunday night she was a stranger to him before the incident, "looked like she was 19 or 20" and was videotaped having sex with several people.
Advertisement
74567Charged In Rape Of Girl

Click to enlarge

Photo/AP - Milwaukee County Jail

Freeman Gurley, 40, is the oldest man charged with participating in the gang rape of an 11-year-old girl last week.
Recent Coverage
9/10/06: Neighbors rally against violence after girl's assault
9/9/06: 11-year-old victim had suffered earlier sex assault
9/8/06: City isn't facing crisis, Barrett says
9/8/06: Editorial: A job bigger than police
9/7/06: Chief Hegarty: 'We have a societal crisis'

"She looked grown to me, man," said Freeman Gurley via telephone from the Milwaukee County Jail. He said he's sorry he got involved and didn't do anything to stop what was going on in his house.

Gurley, 40, faces a felony count of first-degree sexual assault of a minor and contacted the Journal Sentinel to describe the incident in detail. His identity was confirmed by an inmate known to a reporter, and Gurley gave details of the incident that have only been described in court records, including his date of birth.

He said that prosecutors' account of the assault in criminal charges filed last week is correct and that there were several other adults present during the rape. Officials have said as many as 19 might have participated. So far, one 18-year-old man, a 16-year-old girl and a 15-year-old boy have been charged, in addition to Gurley.
Arrived home around 9 p.m.

Gurley said he got home from his job as a butcher at about 9 p.m. Sept. 4, used some cocaine, put the rest of his chicken dinner in the refrigerator and began drinking Milwaukee's Best beer. He went to a locked bedroom in his house in the 3700 block of N. 6th St. where he heard "moaning" from inside and eventually was let into the room, where he saw "12, 13 or 14" other men and teens present. He said the girl was freely having sex with several men during the hour he was present, but another man in the room had told her not to have sex with Gurley. She eventually acquiesced, he said, at someone else's urging. The criminal complaint says that person was the 15-year-old boy who is charged.

"I thought she was a boy's girlfriend," he said.

He said that he never spoke with the girl and that he didn't think about using a condom. The police officer who arrested Gurley broke the news that the girl was 11, and he later learned the girl had been born with HIV.

Gurley said he has resigned himself to believing he now has HIV and that he's sorry about participating - and allowing the incident to go on - now that he knows her age.

"That's terrible, man," he said.

According to court records, the girl told police she went to Gurley's house to visit the 16-year-old girl now charged in the case. That older girl suggested the victim perform sex acts with several boys in the house, the victim told police, and she did so, sometimes with more than one person at a time. Some records suggest the older girl directed the victim; the 16-year-old denied such a role.

Police looking for the 11-year-old, who had been reported missing Labor Day, found her at the home Tuesday and learned of the assaults.

Frozen Sooner
9/15/2006, 01:36 AM
Gurley said he got home from his job as a butcher at about 9 p.m. Sept. 4, used some cocaine, put the rest of his chicken dinner in the refrigerator and began drinking Milwaukee's Best beer.

You have to believe that if we asked the SO, we'd probably get about 10-15 answers that said that's about what they were doing that night as well.

Horrible horrible story, but that little snippet tripped my sense of humor.

Vaevictis
9/15/2006, 01:54 AM
Don't forget to replace cocaine with meth. This is Oklahoma, after all ;)

jeremy885
9/15/2006, 02:20 AM
He said that he never spoke with the girl and that he didn't think about using a condom. The police officer who arrested Gurley broke the news that the girl was 11, and he later learned the girl had been born with HIV.

WTF????

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/15/2006, 08:48 AM
What kind of a world is it where a little girl is in a situation where something like this could happen?

When I was 11, I looked 16. I was also wondering when or if I was ever going to french kiss a boy.

What's sad to me is that this little girl has probably grown up in an environment where she had "experience" prior to her encounters with these sickos.

And another thing, even if she had been legal, what's the attraction of a gang bang?

I_SMELL_FEAR
9/15/2006, 09:08 AM
So let me get this straight. It went like this:

Man comes home, does some coke eats dinner and drinks some beer. Then he says "Hey I wonder what is going on behind this locked door in my house? OH. Its a big gang bang in my house with a bunch of underage kids...think I'll just hang around for an hour."

Who were these people? Did I miss that in the story? If they were in his house then he had to know at least some of them, and knew they were teenagers.

And it is sad because it sounds like she was willing....truly sad at that age. Her parents should go to prison too.

BeetDigger
9/15/2006, 09:21 AM
Where is Czar finding these stories? I think he needs to post his Favorites list.

The
9/15/2006, 09:24 AM
No, you eat first, then use cocaine.
Doesn't make sense the other way around.

BigRedJed
9/15/2006, 09:36 AM
Why did the article mention the specific BRAND of beer? Don't get me wrong; it upped the entertainment value of that one sentence tenfold.

frankensooner
9/15/2006, 09:44 AM
Why did the article mention the specific BRAND of beer? Don't get me wrong; it upped the entertainment value of that one sentence tenfold.

Well, the crime did occur in Milwaukee.

skycat
9/15/2006, 09:50 AM
Product placement at its finest.

The
9/15/2006, 10:03 AM
Like people who drink Milwaukee's Best can read...

BeetDigger
9/15/2006, 10:12 AM
Anyone who has tasted Milwaukee's Best can attest, that name is the biggest contridiction since jumbo shrimp.

Sooner_Bob
9/15/2006, 10:14 AM
It's castration time folks . . . these guys should be taken out back and well, you know.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/15/2006, 10:27 AM
Why did the article mention the specific BRAND of beer? Don't get me wrong; it upped the entertainment value of that one sentence tenfold.I thought using the brand name was comical. Kind of reinforced my image of someone who would do this. Surprised someone snorting coke would be drinking the Beast though.

NormanPride
9/15/2006, 10:44 AM
This is terrible. But for some reason I can't stop laughing. That article was written with humor in mind, otherwise all the details wouldn't have been there. The HIV thing at the end was what started the laughing for me. I mean, why would you hold a piece of information that important until the end?! It's perfect comedic timing, unfortunately.

Okay, I've stopped. Now I can resume hating myself for laughing at that.

Boomer.....
9/15/2006, 11:20 AM
Bring him to Oklahoma and we will burn his nuts of with a tourch.......twice!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/15/2006, 02:25 PM
Bring him to Oklahoma and we will burn his nuts off with a touch.......twice!

why do you hate oudoc?

royalfan5
9/15/2006, 02:29 PM
I thought using the brand name was comical. Kind of reinforced my image of someone who would do this. Surprised someone snorting coke would be drinking the Beast though.
It's all about how you allocate the cash.

The
9/15/2006, 02:36 PM
How much money does a butcher make, anyhows?

IB4OU2
9/15/2006, 02:51 PM
How much money does a butcher make, anyhows?

This many-

http://www.fingerprosthetics.com/hand-prosthesis-darlene-patient-small-blue.jpg (http://www.fingerprosthetics.com/finger-prostheses5.html)