PDA

View Full Version : So I'm a Godfather Now

Rogue
9/14/2006, 07:06 PM
My old roommater from our days at OU called me tonight and asked me to be his new son's godfather.:cool:

The spiritual well-being of a new generation is in my hands. :eek:

Sure I'm proud and all, but also a quite a bit intimidated with this new responsibility.

Do I get to say cool things like "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse"?

Miko
9/14/2006, 07:17 PM
[hat in hand] I wish to pay my respects on this auspicious day...[/hat in hand]

OklahomaTuba
9/14/2006, 07:41 PM
The best part must be the theme song.

crawfish
9/14/2006, 07:52 PM
Celebrate by having somebody whacked.

OklahomaTuba
9/14/2006, 07:54 PM
Oh, some advice.

When eating at small little italian hole in the wall types of places, check the back of the toilets before dinner.

Trust me on this.

OCUDad
9/14/2006, 08:50 PM
Oh, some advice.

When eating at small little italian hole in the wall types of places, check the back of the toilets before dinner.

Trust me on this.And avoid toll booths. And have your wife start your car for you. It's a small price to pay for the honor.

crawfish
9/14/2006, 09:12 PM
Can I borrow a thousand bucks?

sooneron
9/14/2006, 09:15 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/6e/Brando_as_don_corleone.jpg/240px-Brando_as_don_corleone.jpg.png

OklahomaTuba
9/14/2006, 09:19 PM
Is he giving a hook em horns sign?

Kill the bastard.

UNSeeN_
9/22/2006, 10:47 PM
Congrats on being a Godfather! I've been one for 8 years and it is a beautiful thing. U get to enjoy many benefits of parenthood w/o being a parent. The coolest thing about it is signing holiday cards and claiming the title of "your Godfather" or sometimes, I get really gangsta with it and just sign them "Godfather." Don't be intimidated, just be the best u can and know that you are responsible if that child goes to hell. Just kidding, i love me some Jesus. Go Sooners....

Okla-homey
9/23/2006, 07:03 AM
Me too. I had to go to the baptism though and promise that I'd raise the kid RC if his parents croaked (my bro. and s-i-l).

I did...but I'm not real sure I meant it. ;)

Anyway, pretty cool anyway. My godson/nephew is a trip. He's 7 and is capable of walking and even running on his toes while BAREFOOTED!:eek: Not ballerina-like or nothing; he curls his toes under his feet and walks and runs on the knuckles. It's freaky-looking.

He's been able to do it since he was three or so. It freaked me out the first time I saw him do it. As his godfather, I have told him to make sure he retains the ability to do that and he will prolly win quite a few drinks in his lifetime.