PDA

View Full Version : Say it isn't so . . .

KingDavid
9/14/2006, 01:16 PM
Did one or our recruits have a little snafu with the law recently. Details if you got 'em, please.

Mjcpr
9/14/2006, 01:49 PM
From today's Garden City Telegram

Loadholt arrested in Manhattan

Published 9/13/2006

By JOEY SPRINKLE
[email protected]

Garden City Community College sophomore offensive lineman Phil Loadholt was arrested early Sunday morning in Manhattan on allegations of disorderly conduct.

According to Manhattan police, Loadholt, 20, 505 W. Campus Drive, Apt. B, was arrested at 2:30 a.m. Sunday. He was released on $750 bond.

"I'm just trying to get all the details. I haven't got all the details from up there yet," GCCC coach J.J. Eckert said when reached by phone Monday afternoon.

Riley County police Lt. Mike Quintanar said the following took place:

Loadholt was arguing with another man in front of a large crowd on the lawn of a house in the 900 block of Bluemont in Manhattan. An officer pulled Loadholt away and a friend said he would take care of Loadholt. As they were walking away, someone yelled something, and Loadholt returned to the area and was seen by an officer throwing a punch at an unidentified man.

Quintanar said Loadholt's punch did not land.

Eckert was unavailable for comment this morning.

Loadholt, a 6-foot-9, 340-pound lineman from Fort Carson, Colo., signed to play at Louisiana State in February after his freshman campaign at Garden City. But according to the LSU sports information office, he was unable to qualify academically and instead returned to play at GCCC this fall.

KingDavid
9/14/2006, 01:58 PM
well . . . it could be worse. i'm sure Loadholt's recruiter will share some history with young Phil about how soft Stoops is on these sorts of things. for instance, look at how Dusty was able to slide by . . .

hopefully this is "one and done" but I get jittery about stuff like this, especially given the "warning signs" that we observed from the IDIOT last year prior to his supreme act of lunacy.

i hate to sound jumpy (I don't think we should yank his scholly or anything) . . . but in a year when we've got only a few scholly's to hand out . . . we should at least give a very stern warning to Mr. Loadholt that he'd better keep his 340 lb arse out of trouble the rest of the way.

KingDavid
9/14/2006, 02:04 PM
BTW, thanks for that quick and informative reply. If you don't mind my asking, how'd you track down that article? Did you google loadholt or something?

Mjcpr
9/14/2006, 02:30 PM
I just happened to read about it on the OUInsider board earlier this morning so I was able to get back to it and copy the article pretty quickly.

KingDavid
9/14/2006, 02:45 PM
I just happened to read about it on the OUInsider board earlier this morning so I was able to get back to it and copy the article pretty quickly.

Cool. Thanks again . . .

The Consumate Showman
9/14/2006, 06:27 PM
You gotta love this though. He doesn't really get into any BIG trouble, just paid his fine and has to go back to Manhattan for a court date. I rather like the idea of getting a fiesty OL in here. I've had enough of guys like Cameron Schacht, Akim Millington, Brandon Keith, Randy McAdams and all of these other puss OL that quit on us. Plus, Loadholt said after the confrontation that he was still a strong commit to OU and that he was at KSU to watch a friend of his(this per an old friend I have that knows Phil)

Cam
9/14/2006, 09:50 PM
Getting in trouble with the popo in the little apple ain't that hard to do. Not too much of a big deal IMO. If it becomes a regular thing, then I would.

KingDavid
9/14/2006, 10:44 PM
You gotta love this though. He doesn't really get into any BIG trouble, just paid his fine and has to go back to Manhattan for a court date. I rather like the idea of getting a fiesty OL in here. I've had enough of guys like Cameron Schacht, Akim Millington, Brandon Keith, Randy McAdams and all of these other puss OL that quit on us. Plus, Loadholt said after the confrontation that he was still a strong commit to OU and that he was at KSU to watch a friend of his(this per an old friend I have that knows Phil)

it has the PROSPECT of being something good (in terms of the fiesty side); but just as much the PROSPECT of being bad (a kid inclined to get into trouble).

best to bust his arse over something small now than have him bust the whole program's arse later over something big later. Big as in Big Red.

i hope someone gives him a good talkin' to.