PDA

View Full Version : Stupid cars.

OUstudent4life
9/14/2006, 11:03 AM
So, for the past week or so, my car won't start the first time I turn the key. OK, fine, the starter motor probably is going, whatever. I'm planning on getting it to Hibdon's when I get a chance, i.e. when my wife can work it into her schedule. She's in med school, and is currently working about 6 to 6.

She wakes me up this morning at 5:30 with the revelation that her car won't start. Worked fine last night, but now...engine will turn over, just not catch and start. Fine.

We get in my car so I can get her to the hospital...it starts after a couple of tries. I get home, take my time getting ready, and start my car. Now, along with the extra time it took to start, my car makes a rather unpleasant screeching noise.

I sigh, and take it in to get it fixed. While I'm dropping the car off, I find out that the right rear tire = almost flat (slow leak). Gah. Call the dad, and ask to borrow his work truck to get to and from work.

No tags. Fine. He'll grab some on the way, pick me up, we'll go get the truck.

We get to where he has the truck stored. Flat tire (rear right again). Double gah.

His spare (full sized) is already on the car, so we'll pop the two tires off, he'll drop me at work and get the tires fixed. Except that Chevy didn't supply the right lug wrench to get the spare off (he had to buy another one), and the right wrench is at his house.

At least, with all that happened, I beat my boss to work :D.

'course, now I've just heard that the tire isn't fixable.

$700 total.

I hate this car.

sanantoniosooner
9/14/2006, 11:08 AM
$700 total.

I hate this car.
As long as you aren't making payments on it, that's not a problem.

That would make about 2 months of payments on a new vehicle, and you aren't done yet.

OUstudent4life
9/14/2006, 11:34 AM
Good point.

...'course, that doesn't take into account the grand we dropped into the brakes and ball joint problems about 2 months ago. :D